To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: Who Wants To Marry A Physicist?
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and New Theories > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, New Theories

Meg
It has come to my attention that there are several possibilities why one may have trouble meeting a physicist.

a: a distinct lack of eligable physicists

b: physicists are sensitive creatures and spook easily in 'normal' social settings

c: perhaps too engrossed in more important persuits to seek companionship

d: in the case of a Quantum physicists; he may not be entirely certain girls are real

e: have they all found love in a perfect "elegant" mathematical equation?

f: cooties are still a universal and incurable feminine disease

and finally

g: they just aren't that into you [me]

note: i have even tried wearing a t-shirt with "137" on it in attempts to separate the wheat from the chaff.... but all I get is the condescending "It's 42!!" from the loyal followers of the hitchhiker's guide to the universe.

- meg
brucep
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 9 2011, 04:04 AM)
It has come to my attention that there are several possibilities why one may have trouble meeting a physicist.

b: physicists are sensitive creatures and spook easily in 'normal' social settings

d: in the case of a Quantum physicists; he may not be entirely certain girls are real

and finally

note: i have even tried wearing a t-shirt with "137" on it in attempts to separate the wheat from the chaff.... but all I get is the condescending "It's 42!!" from the loyal followers of the hitchhiker's guide to the universe.

- meg

laugh.gif
Beer w/Straw
Richard Feynman? huh.gif
Meg
i WISH is was Richard Feynman.... maybe Feynman trapped in a girl's body (lolz)

- meg
flyingbuttressman
If you want to attract a mathematician, wear a shirt that says '2701'

Hint: it's semiprime
Capracus
Maybe a sex change would help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
CrazyJesse
Saw a girl at a factory once wearing a shirt(often) that said, "I (heart) nerds".
Almost worked for me!! She was quite bomb.

Don't most dating sites have the tag, "Physicist seeking physicist"?
laugh.gif
Beer w/Straw
Physorg should become an online dating site?
NymphaeaAlba
The male physicists viewed as intelligent, logical, and careful, but generally they can be unsociable, inhibited, and unadventurous. All in all, they still have a huge ego. Donít confuse confidence with cockiness.

How about a very humble hairy hermit?
EndGoal
how about a guy who doesn't shy away from his professions in any crowd. Like the Hitler of particle physics? Except without killing Einstein's relatives.... interested?
Beer w/Straw
I dunno where this thread is going, but let it role! laugh.gif

BTW who is the "Hitler of particle physics?"
EndGoal
Idk... the guy who was recently on the Colbert Show?
rpenner
QUOTE (EndGoal+Feb 10 2011, 12:01 AM)
Idk... the guy who was recently on the Colbert Show?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...11/brian-greene

Are you saying Brian Greene is the Hitler of Particle Physics?
Meg
hahahaha

When I posted this I thought I might get excommunicated from Physics alltogether!
I cannot help it I love extreme brains. There I said it!! I know my own brain can wish as it might but I can only get so far, and in this I just sit and marvel at extreme brains! If I can't be one, I would certainly love to bask in the glow of one. Saves me the trouble of reading too... someone could just explain it to me.

It's not my fault... much to my chagrin, I was born a girl... and worse still an Artist.... you can't imagine my torment... and further still an AQUARIAN!

- meg
CrazyJesse
Happy Birthday!!(?)(ish?)

If I'm right, really, have a Happy Birthday!!!!
Meg
you are right-ish! my birthday is Feb 16th. and i will be the big 27!! i am sooo stoked. one more year closer to people taking me seriously!

- meg
CrazyJesse
What constitutes an extreme brain?
Meg
OMG! my Birthday is Fev 16th!!! thank you. I will be turning the big 27!!

even though its not a prime, i am still excited!

- meg
Meg
oh and an extreme brain is one who above carnal urges desires knowledge. A person who abandons human desire for the persuit of scientific advancement.

- meg
CrazyJesse
27 is no 21, you can be taken seriously. (gotta get married tho laugh.gif )joke
Meg
no one is ever going to marry me!!

- meg
synthsin75
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 9 2011, 10:36 PM)
oh and an extreme brain is one who above carnal urges desires knowledge. A person who abandons human desire for the persuit of scientific advancement.

I hate to burst your bubble, but no guy "abandons human desire". He either finds a more "time efficient" way to "handle" them, or he's Stephen Hawking. blink.gif
Beer w/Straw
Hawking can sublimate his instinctual desires besides the act of coitus itself and he has lots o'money.

I bet he's really Jack The Ripper!
brucep
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 10 2011, 04:32 AM)
OMG! my Birthday is Fev 16th!!!  thank you. I will be turning the big 27!!

even though its not a prime, i am still excited!

- meg

Man when I was 27 Elvis was still alive and I'd read the Lord of the Rings 7 times. More specifically I was at the end of a 2 year acid trip.
Capracus
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 10 2011, 05:04 AM)
no one is ever going to marry me!!

- meg
Meg
Far from home, near to home, doesn't matter. I am just too weird, and I am too critical. So... I propose another rum and coke, and a few more calculations before bed. I used to be funny... pretty too almost... tall, i think would be the consensus. but now,not so much. another book i guess, which is a living HORROR for someone who hates reading. good night.

- meg
brucep
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 10 2011, 06:27 AM)
Far from home, near to home, doesn't matter. I am just too weird, and I am too critical. So... I propose another rum and coke, and a few more calculations before bed. I used to be funny... pretty too almost... tall, i think would be the consensus. but now,not so much. another book i guess, which is a living HORROR for someone who hates reading. good night.

- meg

Usually women peak during their 30's. Men a little later. Women thought I was good looking. I could feel it. At 64 I look like one of the older Vikings in the Capital One commercial. Looks fade. You'll probably be real hot 5 years from now so keep a stiff upper lip.
rpenner
Ahem. You're the oldest Bruce I know. smile.gif
brucep
QUOTE (rpenner+Feb 10 2011, 06:54 AM)
Ahem. You're the oldest Bruce I know. smile.gif

It's kinda interesting. The body grows weaker while the mind grows stronger. Even with the short term memory loss. The feelings of invincibility grow weaker. I'm just hoping Meg is stoked at being 27.
whatif
double post sorry.
whatif
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 10 2011, 06:27 AM)

- meg

the site your posting this on, just Attracts the Wrong type of guy for you!

See your type of guy is clearly not the Intelligent, Sophisticated type. you may think because of your 'social circle' getting the 'one' is impossible. i say let your hair down! dont be so critical of men that you date. do something you dont usually do that may cause you to have an encounter with a guy you perhaps may not have met otherwise, take up a new hobby between work.

Seriously im a guy, i wouldnt say my IQ is amazing, probably below average but there is two things i love in a women, girls who play guitar and Women who are smarter than me! you never know!

so put the book down and make time for yourself to have fun. Life is too short to be reading books. its 2011!

P.S Weird is different, what is normal anyway!. being Critical just means you have high standards!

Happy hunting!
Meg
I am not actually looking, i was just feeling whimsical that day. Unfortunately aswell as being engrossed in Physics, I study neuroscience, human behaviour, chemistry, biology (yuk), art history (even worse), and Math (which is beautiful), and I am an artist (i am not proud of this). Its just the artist bit makes me post topics like that once in a while to break form, and put some cushions in the room. I am not a hippy, just to be clear.

-meg
imac
QUOTE (Meg+Feb 9 2011, 04:04 AM)

and finally

- meg

I would love to marry a physicist.

Its always been my passion.
krash661
female physicist are sexy. wink.gif
CrazyJesse
I would love to marry a physicist.

Its always been my passion.

I'd like a harum of female physicists!

Meg! Where'd you go?
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here youíll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.