To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: What Is Your Degree, Specialty, Major, Etc?
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > Physforum > Comments / Suggestions

Grasshopper
Basically, if anyone is interested, give an introduction of yourself, including your degree(s), specialties, or majors. Maybe a little personal info, too.

I've had a little bit of interaction with some of you, but I would like to get to know some of you a bit better. Also, I would like to know exactly what kind of physics, math or general science demographics we have here.

Thanks to all respondents!

Since I started this, here's my info:

I'm an undergrad sophomore, majoring in physics. I haven't really narrowed it more than that yet, but I intend to teach at a college or university eventually. As far as other academic interests, I sometimes enjoy skin deep encounters with philosophy (God knows you can get lost in it if you go too far...).

Anyway, who's next? smile.gif

EDIT- if this is old news, sorry mods. But I didn't see anything like this.
BenTheMan
EDIT- if this is old news, sorry mods. But I didn't see anything like this.

You'll find that the mods don't really care what goes on here.

I'm Ben. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, where my specialization was Analytical instrumentation. I have a Master's Degree in Physics---my thesis was called ``Unification in Various Dimensions: From the Heterotic String to Randall-Sundrum''. Currently I am a PhD student, working on getting semi-realistic low-energy physics from string theory.
Euler
Hi, my name's Leonhard Euler and I live St Petersburg. I don't publish as many results as I used to, but in my hay-day I enjoyed areas of number theory, classical mechanics, geometry, graph theory, combinatorics, acoustics and I dabble with Newton's calculus. Less about me though, more about a certain chap I know of in the UK...

I've a degree in Pure and Applied mathematics, after which I studied for CASM (or 'Part III of the Mathematical Tripos') along with a fella known only as `AlphaNumeric'. I chose to go into research because of the infamous rock-and-roll lifestyle that is known to go hand-in-hand with a career in mathematics: the profession is rife with drugs, alcohol and scantily clad women. I'm now doing a PhD in an applied analysis group, and my interests are wide and varied. My research is centered on the area of integrability, which involves a lot of different mathematics, including geometry, analysis and algebra. My work so far has included work on classical analysis of boundary value problems, conservation laws and non-Lie symmetries, a little on the Seiberg-Witten equations and I'm currently working on a paper to do with Clifford algebras and their application to results in the analysis of BVPs. I live with my fiancée and our dog.

AlphaNumeric
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 07:52 AM)
I chose to go into research because of the infamous rock-and-roll lifestyle that is known to go hand-in-hand with a career in mathematics: the profession is rife with drugs, alcohol and scantily clad women.

Don't forget the money we all get for being part of the global conspiracy to maintain the status quo, keep down new ideas, support global warming, maintain the Illuminati, supress the evidence about aliens and, ultimately, to destroy the Earth using the LHC.

I became a physicist for the same 4 reasons Dr Cox on Scrubs became a doctor; chicks, money, power and chicks.
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 07:52 AM)
a little on the Seiberg-Witten equations
I got this out of the library on Friday. Much nicer than the book by Joyce on bundles. The explaination of how to go from a vector bundle to a G bundle made instant sense!

/edit

And in answer to the original post, as Euler said, he and I both went through uni together. He does crazy scary maths now and I do the easy part of crazy scary string theory.
rpenner
Hello, RP here. I have the second highest cumulative approval score on this board, only because mr_homm doesn't rack up awards commensurate with his contributions, and specialized in lengthy answers to undergraduate topics in physics, math and biology.

Professionally I work in writing computer software, a field I have no course credits in. In the domain of the text-based original TinyMUD which predates most Mucks and Moos, I invented the first elevator. Prior to the elevator, the standard was to build and navigate flight after flight of stairwells.

I once helped a professional chemist who was doing a new synthesis and over the Internet, suggested that according to the organic chemistry literature, the "gloppy mess" he was ready to throw out was identical to the desired "waxy substance that melts near room temperature," saving him a day's work. The ability to do literature searches in unfamiliar territory is a valuable skill.

I once reverse engineered a software company's undocumented production line and got it operating and sustainable in just one four-hour visit. I once wrote 100kB of user interface software in one month, after the responsible person took 5 months of the 6-month schedule to decide to not even attempt the business-critical job.

I have one software review article published in a journal, when the invited professor didn't think it was worth his time. I have my name listed on the credits of a couple of papers and books. I gave computer instruction to a post-doc student who is now a professor in Fribourg.
Euler
QUOTE (AlphaNumeric+Apr 7 2008, 07:20 AM)
I got this out of the library on Friday. Much nicer than the book by Joyce on bundles. The explaination of how to go from a vector bundle to a G bundle made instant sense!

Oooh, cheers buddy. I've used these notes, but out of principal I don't like them because the author insists on ignoring the \langle, \rangle commands in latex. Pedantic, moi?

QUOTE (AlphaNumeric+Apr 7 2008, 07:20 AM)
He does crazy scary maths now and I do the easy part of crazy scary string theory.

Do you mean scary in the sense that I insist on drawing spooky ghosts, open graves and bloody stained daggers around my inner products, and you don't?
AlphaNumeric
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 08:47 AM)
Pedantic, moi?

A friend and I both shudder when we go to a seminar given by someone whose been doing research for years, often decades, and they still use < and > rather than \langle and \rangle. Gah!
Oooh, cheers buddy. I've used these notes,
A touch too mathematical for my needs I think. unsure.gif
Do you mean scary in the sense that I insist on drawing spooky ghosts, open graves and bloody stained daggers around my inner products, and you don't?
Pretty much.
uaafanblog
OH boy ... this thread already needs some balance.

My name is Donald. I wanted to be an astronomer at the age of six and watched the moon landings on TV when I was 9. I graduated High School (by the skin of my teeth). I protected you all during the cold war by babysitting an antiquated store and foward concentrator which would have been used to send electronic confirmation to fire the nukes.

I spent the largest portion of my "professional" career working for stupid corporations fixing stupid communications and computer problems for stupid people until I smartened up and figured out I didn't have to whore myself for someone else's profits in order to live. I have some post-secondary education that is woefully incomplete primarily due to life's challenges. I practiced lots of crazy sex while you guys were doing crazy math and crazy string theory and quite frankly I'd trade my history in that area for yours in physics in the wink of an eye.

I wanted my teenage daughter to study cosmology. She is has the math aptitude and intelligence to do well ... she has chosen Philosophy though and insists she'll get her PhD so I won't bitch about that.

I want to be the best layman contributor in the history of physics forums. But I'm pretty sure at some point my layman's advocacy for EU and like ideas will probably relegate me to "ignorant nutcase" status. I subscribe to something like the U.S.'s one-time policy of massive nuclear retaliation with regard to insults on internet forums i.e... don't bring a knife to a gunfight with me. That said ... in terms of knowledge here I have a dulled butter knife compared to most of your Ak-47's. But I have big balls ... probably due to the amount of crazy sex I've actually had (see the bolded "lots" above).

And oh yeah ... I write the best college hockey blog on the internet.
Euler
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 12:33 PM)
I practiced lots of crazy sex while you guys were doing crazy math and crazy string theory...

These things are not mutually exclusive: see mine and AlphaNumeric's earlier comments about the lifestyle of a mathematician!
uaafanblog
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 01:16 PM)
These things are not mutually exclusive: see mine and AlphaNumeric's earlier comments about the lifestyle of a mathematician!

Ahhh ... but mine wasn't theoretical! wink.gif
BigDumbWeirdo
Hi, my name's BigDumbWeirdo and I'm an alcaholic. I've been sober now for...
Oops, wrong intro, my bad.
Well, as far as post-secondary education goes, I have a certifcate of competency in Graphic Design, a class G security liscence, and I graduated top tier (first timer) from the US Army Special Forces training regiment.
In academic subjects, I have absolutely no formal education. My education in physics is entirely self-aquired, and almost entirely qualitative, given my limited understanding of maths. I am currently working my way through algebra help and text-books, and plan to continue this with trig and calculus soon. I am scheduled to begin attending college this summer, aiming at an AA degree with a pre-major in chemistry, after which I intend to pursue a degree in physics.
That's it. Wildly unimpressive, I know, but that's me.
Euler
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 01:21 PM)
Ahhh ... but mine wasn't theoretical! ;-)

Theoretical? How should one perform such an act "in theory". Perhaps your methods are crazier than even a mathematician could fathom.
Euler
QUOTE (BigDumbWeirdo+Apr 7 2008, 01:23 PM)

All the great physicists have one thing in common: at some point in their lives they didn't know any physics.
uaafanblog
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 01:23 PM)
Theoretical? How should one perform such an act "in theory". Perhaps your methods are crazier than even a mathematician could fathom.

LOL. I assumed you were speaking theoretically.

I simply can't imagine a Universe where high end mathematics professionals had anywhere near the amount or variability of sex that I've had (well ... except maybe Michio Kaku). That isn't to say that in some multiverse variation it couldn't happen ... just that I find it hard to imagine.

I've simply had more time on my hands.

Requisite Trolling:
Edward Teller NEVER got laid
Fred Hoyle got some "steadily"
Ed Whitten couldn't score in an 11th dimensional brothel
Carolyn Porco is HOTness
Euler
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 01:39 PM)
I've simply had more time on my hands.

Hands being the operative word?
Ron
Ah, such distinguished company.
I can't top the lifestyle of theoretical mathematicians, but here's a brief history of Ron Bourque.
Joined the Military at age 17 (turned 18 in the reception center, whoopee. Trained as an M60-A3 main battle tank gunner (top gun in troop 2ce, 3rd in battalion once. (one bad engagement... ouch). Joined a science book club in my 2nd year (didn't want to end up like alot of discharged dummies). Used my Education benefits to start school. Wanted to take physics and math, little did I realize 1st and 2nd year physics was projectile motion and the like. I actually got to study more relativity in English comp (did a research paper with all my own books.) The teacher said she had no Idea what I was talking about, so she gave me an A for following procedure!
An AA in liberal Arts got me nowhere, so I went to technical school for electronics and found my calling. In the past 15 yrs I've worked with Raytheon Advanced devices (PHEMTs and BJTs of cutting edge materials (InP, GaN, and of course GaAs of all different dopings) Fun stuff. After running the research lab for 8 yrs, I went to RFMD in NC for a little less stress, then came back to Mass. to do some work with applicational systems with TV / Police / HS / video and audio radios. That's where I am now and I'm having fun, less stress, decent pay...
This site and my books are my only connection to modern physics now so I gotta thank y'all for keeping me up to date.
Peace,
Ron
uaafanblog
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 01:48 PM)
Hands being the operative word?

LOL. That's a good one no doubt. However, I don't think any definition of crazy (even a subjective one) could possibly classify "hands" as qualifying (unless of course you're talking about 6, 8 or 10 "hands"). cool.gif tongue.gif
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 08:23 AM)
Theoretical? How should one perform such an act "in theory".

I would just like to point out that as I sit here watching our office clerk, Christine pick up an armful of papers she just dropped in her mini-skirt, it is perfectly possible to perform such acts in theory.
I'm theorizing away right now...
Ron
Bad, naughty, wicked Christine. I just remembered that she has a grail shaped bottom. Naughty, evil Christine. She must be spanked.
Confused2
Confused2 'fessing up..

Started sensibly enough .. A level maths,physic,chemistry .. (never did any homework though). On to university to do Electronic and Electrical Engineering .. pretty much cruised through the first year using what I already knew .. kinda caught up with me in the second year when I should have done some work and didn't. 'Dropped out' for ten years and then droppped back in the mid 80's. I've worked on a semiconductor production line, repairing stuff, occasionally designing stuff .. mostly microprocessor based 'things'. Then worked as a technician for 5 years, then moved to an electronics company where I wrote machine code software for monitoring other things. Gradually microprocessors sprouted more legs than I could possibly track of so I gave up electronics. I still program (simple websites, mysql databases and suchlike).

I'm currently writing a stock control system (my third) .. and getting very bored.

Of physorg ..

I have my own natural interest in 'reality and the universe'. I would also like to help others to become/stay interested .. not least to discourage them from dropping out like I did. Sadly, what I see happenning is that the site is turning into a playground for sneerers and jeerers - obviously this isn't going to encourage people to get/stay involved in physics (or maths).

-C2.
vkamath
I am vkamath. I have always been lazy. As a consequence, I didn't do too well in school. I usually got good grades in science and math, not so much in other subjects. At 15, I became interested in computer science and took it up as one of my options in college.

I wrote a computer game using BASIC at 16. It involved entering co-ordinates for landing a space ship on a platform without hitting anything else (heyyy..it was 1991). It was a bit nerdy for any of my friends to play. I couldn't develop it any further or make any money out of it as I had to pursue an Engineering degree in Computer Science.

I got my engineering degree in 1996 and have been working in the computer software industry ever since. I live with my wife and 2 and half year old son.

(What the hell am I doing on a physics forum? I had some basic physics during my engineering and I read The Feynman Lectures during my spare time. I was always fascinated by QM and have been reading books on it whenever I can, nothing too advanced though. I joined this forum 2-3 years around the same time I read The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.)
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (Ron+Apr 7 2008, 08:50 AM)
Joined the Military at age 17 (turned 18 in the reception center, whoopee. Trained as an M60-A3 main battle tank gunner (top gun in troop 2ce, 3rd in battalion once. (one bad engagement... ouch).

No wonder I like you so much!
vkamath
Edit: Almost forgot...about 3 years ago I designed a Online Poker Gaming application (similar to Pokerstars) for a company formed by a group of gamblers from California. So I did some gaming app after all.
AlphaNumeric
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 02:21 PM)
Ahhh ... but mine wasn't theoretical!  wink.gif

Though it's a stereotypical image, the majority of mathematicians and physicists are actually fairly normal people. The circle of friends Euler and I are/were in as undergrads was pretty normal. Sitting in a pub you'd not have been able to tell we were mathematicians unless you caught particular snippets of conversation and even then such conversations where rare. Well, except when it was just Euler and myself, 5 or 6 pints into the evening and we ended up scribbling stuff all over napkins.

Ah, good times in The Anchor...
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 02:21 PM)
I simply can't imagine a Universe where high end mathematics professionals had anywhere near the amount or variability of sex that I've had (well ... except maybe Michio Kaku)
A mutual friend of ours, who did maths in the year above us, was a particularly successful 'player'. Had absolutely no shame, was very direct with girls and went out a lot (in our 1st year the three of us were out 3 or 4 nights a week. Our marks felt the impact...). Some of his stories about his antics were not what you'd expect from a mathematician. And most mathematicians have enough sense not to leave their 'home videos' in their Direct Connect shared folder on the uni network. In the Family Guy folder no less, so it was a popular download...
Euler
QUOTE (AlphaNumeric+Apr 7 2008, 04:56 PM)

Happy days!
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (AlphaNumeric+Apr 7 2008, 11:56 AM)
Though it's a stereotypical image, the majority of mathematicians and physicists are actually fairly normal people. The circle of friends Euler and I are/were in as undergrads was pretty normal. Sitting in a pub you'd not have been able to tell we were mathematicians unless you caught particular snippets of conversation and even then such conversations where rare. Well, except when it was just Euler and myself, 5 or 6 pints into the evening and we ended up scribbling stuff all over napkins.

I have a few friends in those fields, and I must agree. Not one of them is the type of "nerd" you'd expect.
Ironically, the US Army Special Forces is where all the nerds are. (Nerds often have a lot to prove, and tend to be better at tactical and strategic thinking, after all.) I remember being told by our CO on one occasion that "The combat capabilities of the Starship Enterprise is not a valid topic of discussion for soldiers on a training mission. Besides, The Battlestar Galactica would cream the Enterprise, any day."
laugh.gif
BenTheMan
A mutual friend of ours, who did maths in the year above us, was a particularly successful 'player'.

Well...I have it on somewhat good authority that one of your DAMTP profs is quite a player as well. (Maybe you know who I'm talking about?)

And, of course, the womanizing of Feynman and Heisenberg is pretty legendary.
philip347
No comment
paul h
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 7 2008, 05:28 PM)
No comment

we'll take that as an admission of guilt.
philip347
I dont believe in hacking.
I don't know what relations are with anyone on this board any more.
uaafanblog
QUOTE (AlphaNumeric+Apr 7 2008, 04:56 PM)

A mutual friend of ours, who did maths in the year above us, was a particularly successful 'player'. Had absolutely no shame, was very direct with girls and went out a lot (in our 1st year the three of us were out 3 or 4 nights a week. Our marks felt the impact...). Some of his stories about his antics were not what you'd expect from a mathematician. And most mathematicians have enough sense not to leave their 'home videos' in their Direct Connect shared folder on the uni network. In the Family Guy folder no less, so it was a popular download...

Be assured that my original reference was nothing more than humor at the expense of that stereotype. I certainly didn't intend to end up looking like an 18 year old bragging about his exploits and didn't intend that anyone else would have to defend themselves along those lines.

I suppose it was also a response to the list of enviable accomplishments that preceded my less than enviable resume. When I have been cajoled into revelations about that particular part of my history it is generally met with some wide-eyed looks so mentioning it in the context of this thread could be viewed as ... "the best I've got".

And alas I'm now envious of BDW and his view of some mini-skirt wearing clerk called Christine. My first two "official" girlfriends were called "Christine" ...
N O M
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 8 2008, 09:52 AM)

Then read your feedback
philip347
(deleted)
Grasshopper
Well, you guys are certainly entertaining! Euler and Alpha's story kind of makes me want to change to math, but then, stereotypes are just that. biggrin.gif
It's funny, though. None of my professors fit the stereotypes either. blink.gif

Keep em coming guys and gals! You are certainly an interesting bunch.

(and if readers don't mind, can we please keep the whole "he/she said it, you're the mafia, crank, etc, whatever" crap out of this thread? I'd very much appreciate it.)
philip347
This is off topic, but I will say this. The ideal of the internet was supposed to be a device, that would bring people closer together.
If one uses this device, to degrade other poster lives, then in the final analysis, the general idea of introducing the internet for some, was bogus.
*Check treaties between indigenous natives and governments?
Empress Palpatine
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 02:52 AM)
Hi, my name's Leonhard Euler and I live St Petersburg. I don't publish as many results as I used to, but in my hay-day I enjoyed areas of number theory, classical mechanics, geometry, graph theory, combinatorics, acoustics and I dabble with Newton's calculus. Less about me though, more about a certain chap I know of in the UK...

I've a degree in Pure and Applied mathematics, after which I studied for CASM (or 'Part III of the Mathematical Tripos') along with a fella known only as `AlphaNumeric'. I chose to go into research because of the infamous rock-and-roll lifestyle that is known to go hand-in-hand with a career in mathematics: the profession is rife with drugs, alcohol and scantily clad women. I'm now doing a PhD in an applied analysis group, and my interests are wide and varied. My research is centered on the area of integrability, which involves a lot of different mathematics, including geometry, analysis and algebra. My work so far has included work on classical analysis of boundary value problems, conservation laws and non-Lie symmetries, a little on the Seiberg-Witten equations and I'm currently working on a paper to do with Clifford algebras and their application to results in the analysis of BVPs. I live with my fiancée and our dog.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

St. Petersburg....Florida? I am in Sarasota, only about one hour away from you.

As to the question:

Physics is a more informal hobby for me. My schooling was one year at a Christian college and three years at an art school as a fine arts major.

I like to read books on physics (layman level), and I love science fiction, particularly Star Wars and Star Trek. My motive is mainly curiosity.
Derek1148
QUOTE (Euler+Apr 7 2008, 06:52 AM)
Hi, my name's Leonhard Euler and I live St Petersburg.
Derek1148
QUOTE (Empress Palpatine+Apr 8 2008, 04:35 PM)

St. Petersburg....Florida?

Don't think he was talking about Florida.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (Empress Palpatine+Apr 8 2008, 11:35 AM)
St. Petersburg....Florida?  I am in Sarasota, only about one hour away from you.

I'm looking at your house* right now....
*Although the screen resolution of the monitor I have google earth up on is too low to make out individual houses when zoomed out far enough to encompass all of Sarasota.
Empress Palpatine
Luckily I do not live in that area.

Euler has named himself after the famous mathematician, but I assumed the location he gave is where he is in real life...or am I wrong? (The mathematician has dead for years.)
Derek1148
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Petersburg
rpenner
He talked about "himself" in the third person, as "a certain chap", and gave his location as "in the UK."
Empress Palpatine
I was wondering how he suddenly got to Florida! But then, I did know a guy who was British but spent his winters in Florida.
Derek1148
QUOTE (Empress Palpatine+Apr 8 2008, 04:35 PM)

St. Petersburg....Florida?

“I stuck around Saint Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain” - Rolling Stones (“Sympathy for the Devil”)
Sapo
Very briefly: 13.5 years of school, and no degree. Jack-of-all-trades, except welding, alas. Network and telephone systems admin, systems analyst, and avid reader. Moderately dangerous shade-tree engineer on weekends. dry.gif

Edit: Cabinetry! I failed to mention my main moneymaker!
vkamath
QUOTE (Derek1148+Apr 8 2008, 06:14 PM)
“I stuck around Saint Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain” - Rolling Stones (“Sympathy for the Devil”)
theory_of_nj
i'll bite.

Fairly new here, lurked for awhile, though I turn to "other" forums for more mainstream talk tongue.gif

Bach in Aero Engineering. class 2004

Currently work for a U.S Defense contractor.

Going part time for a M.S. in astrophysics (though it's going to take a long time)
philip347
I’ve hit a wall. This has to do with the subject of a plane spraying over my house and a device I know that they’ve aimed at me, known as a psychotronics device.
It seems that the latest administration also has questionable documents placed about them, as the other party previous administration has.
I am a social sub cult, a minority. This is due to a process I cant describe here.

This means the only courses that I can take, are correspondence by nature and nonhierarchical courses, probably this on-line.
If you would have killed only half of the Wounded Knee encampment off, instead of making it a massacre, then the very next day had the U.S. Army ride into that same village with hot drinks and refreshments saying, “Hello’ how is everybody this fine day, hot drinks and donuts”!? , how do you think that they would have been received.

The only defense that I have, is that hopefully some of my same species or variants of them, know or have found out how this insane government has treated me and in the future refuses them landing rights and or assistance.
So if you do the math, about magicals and near magical variant aliens, lets see, that’s at least five differing species of aliens on the humanoids sightings contacts list, which roughly translates to a thousand seen and probably millions unseen.
That’s sizable.

I’m not lazy, I’d love to go to a university of higher education, however by the printing in the documents as posed in George C. Andrews book Extraterrestrials Among Us, “the elevator sighting at an underground facility seeing a hairy nonhuman signing a clipboard given to it by a human worker“, I cant attend your schools unchaperoned.

This means an accompanying chaperone that is placed with me, twenty four hours a day.
Pay her, because all it seems that the U.S. Government ever does, is to patch up either genocide or near genocide travesties all of the time, then make up some B.S. about how they were driven to it.
Also check the National Geographic story on how small General George Custer’s and Reno Bentenes forces were, in relationship to the size of the native a American encampment that they had attacked?

I don’t know if this government will ever say that its sorry to me, but it sure does seem in the habit of committing atrocities to people and ethnic groups, it does not understand?
Sapo
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 8 2008, 04:02 PM)

I don’t know if this government will ever say that its sorry to me, but it sure does seem in the habit of committing atrocities to people and ethnic groups, it does not understand?

blink.gif Parsons? laugh.gif
philip347
Parsons Ammonia, Sapo?
Very perceptive.The giving off of ammonia from Grays and some forms of humans, is a collisional gene archetype, to where some bimatabolides within the body, cannot be easily excreted, so this come out of the skin.

Grays or highly modified reptoids, are an exceedingly vast variety of alien in the cosmos.
philip347
Computers
BigDumbWeirdo
Phillip, I have a question...
If the government has mind control and mind-reading devices, why haven't they used them on one of the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay and picked up Bin Ladin by now?
Or hell, why don't they use them in Iraq and root out all the insurgents?
Or here at home, and end up with a president that has a 95% approval rating?
Hell, why do they need the NSA, CIA and dept. of homeland security, if they can just read some terrorist's mind and know who all his buddies are?
laugh.gif laugh.gif
philip347
Weirdo said> Phillip, I have a question...
If the government has mind control and mind-reading devices, why haven't they used them on one of the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay and picked up Bin Ladin by now?
Phil answers,. Because they were using non-reality diazotization techniques, to where the detainees, could not properly perceive reality./
Phil answers>All I know, is that the Arabic world, the Persians also, are for some reason going through an old time religion phase. I don’t know why this is, but was caught by author C.J. Cherryegh, a good while ago. So, someone else, also saw this coming.

Weirdo> Or hell, why don't they use them in Iraq and root out all the insurgents?/
Phil answers> Psychotronics does not work on some subjects. “Please” Since your forcing me into this issue, some Iraqis, do possess an extremely high testosterone rate, for some reason? If this is the case, then in some subjects psychotronics devices might have their effects bounced off?

Weirdo> Or here at home, and end up with a president that has a 95% approval rating?
Hell, why do they need the NSA, CIA and dept. of homeland security, if they can just read some terrorist's mind and know who all his buddies are?/
Phil answers,> For the records, some either part of the gov or affiliation thereof, has used them. They were supposed to have stopped by internatational convention, but chose to go on.
philip347
Wait, I’ve got to separate something here, because when one of your cadre hacked into my airline schedule, they in part broke a treaty.
So here it is. I am in no way responsible for any actions of subgroups, that might by gene be related to me, for your societies supposed interactions in the future.
This is a soldiers concern, as this has to do with human rights violations.
Read on search encounters with aliens in Vietnam.
There was a LURRPS patrol that had encountered by chance aliens there and it don’t end up too well.
There is a point to every soldiers duty, to w where either bad orders are given, or they are in a situation to where they must think of themselves and what’s going to happen in the future.

I can’t comment on any political figure, here.

BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 9 2008, 10:10 AM)
Because they were using non-reality diazotization techniques, to where the detainees, could not properly perceive reality.

So why wouldn't they have just stopped using these techniques in order to facilitate using their mind-reader? I would have.

Psychotronics does not work on some subjects. “Please” Since your forcing me into this issue, some Iraqis, do possess an extremely high testosterone rate, for some reason? If this is the case, then in some subjects psychotronics devices might have their effects bounced off?

So testosterone blocks mind-readers? I'm assuming you're then either a woman or a rather effeminate man, since you've expressed concerns over the government using them against you... I must have nothing to fear, cause I'm a big, macho Scandinavian-American. That's good to know.

QUOTE (->
Psychotronics does not work on some subjects. “Please” Since your forcing me into this issue, some Iraqis, do possess an extremely high testosterone rate, for some reason? If this is the case, then in some subjects psychotronics devices might have their effects bounced off?

So testosterone blocks mind-readers? I'm assuming you're then either a woman or a rather effeminate man, since you've expressed concerns over the government using them against you... I must have nothing to fear, cause I'm a big, macho Scandinavian-American. That's good to know.

For the records, some either part of the gov or affiliation thereof, has used them.

So why does Bush have so many detractors? The mind control device could make people like him, and the mind-reader would have told him what to do to make people like him...

Wait, I’ve got to separate something here, because when one of your cadre hacked into my airline schedule, they in part broke a treaty.

What "cadre?"

QUOTE (->

What "cadre?"

This is a soldiers concern, as this has to do with human rights violations.

Well, I'm not a soldier any more, but I suppose having been one at one point means I should be interested in this...

My uncle was in Vietnam. The only time he saw aliens was when he got into the Thai sticks...

QUOTE (->

My uncle was in Vietnam. The only time he saw aliens was when he got into the Thai sticks...

There was a LURRPS patrol that had encountered by chance aliens there and it don’t end up too well.

It's LRRP, not LURRPS. Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol.

There is a point to every soldiers duty, to w where either bad orders are given, or they are in a situation to where they must think of themselves and what’s going to happen in the future.

Not necessarily... Most officers are good at their jobs, and good men.

Most officers are NOT too arrogant to listen to their chief Sergeant... Most officers put the welfare of their men above the success of the mission.
Do you know why? Because they're taught to do those things in OCS. Having a degree when you enlist does NOT guarantee you a commission. You must still demonstrate leadership ability, tactical prowess, and intelligence, as well as good judgment before being offered a commission.
So even though Hollywood just LOOOVES the stereotype of the young, arrogant, stupid and incompetent lieutenant, it's not really a very common character in real life. It's the exception, not the rule.
paul h
OK. I’ll chime in here.
I hold a B.S. Degree in Psychotronic Electrical Device Research. (P.E.D.R.)
I work for a branch of the Government that specializes in the R&D of electronic devices used for the reception and de-coding (RDC) of synaptic electrical pulses. In the 60’s we did experiments with Psychotropic drugs. Then in the 70’s with the advent of the IC chip we expanded into electronic devices. (One of our devices are now used all over the world, They look like the hand held metal detectors used in security scanning at airports and government offices), and now we haven taken it to space satellites. Most recently we are very excited to secretly announce a new cooperation with Microsoft, Google and 10 of the 16 HARP. Installations around the world. When the new internet “GRID” system comes on line we should have some very powerful tools to further our research.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (paul h+Apr 9 2008, 10:29 AM)
OK. I’ll chime in here.
I hold a B.S. Degree in Psychotronic Electrical Device Research. (P.E.D.R.)

Hey Paul,
I still have some security clearance from my time in the Army, and I was wondering.
Who should I contact to scan FL for hot, bisexual women who are attracted to guys who look like Steve the Pirate (from the movie Dodgeball) and have a vested interest in science?
Me and my girl are looking to spice up our love life a bit, and I figure "Hell, why can't Uncle Sam and his mind-reading devices help?"
paul h
QUOTE (BigDumbWeirdo+Apr 9 2008, 11:50 AM)
Hey Paul,
I still have some security clearance from my time in the Army, and I was wondering.
Who should I contact to scan FL for hot, bisexual women who are attracted to guys who look like Steve the Pirate (from the movie Dodgeball) and have a vested interest in science?
Me and my girl are looking to spice up our love life a bit, and I figure "Hell, why can't Uncle Sam and his mind-reading devices help?"

OK. Just step outside at 12:32 pm. till 12:33pm, and face southwest, I will scan you and confirm your ID. if you are indeed a real big dumb weirdo perhaps we can do something.
philip347
> So why does Bush have so many detractors? The mind control device could make people like him, and the mind-reader would have told him what to do to make people like him...
Phil responds> I cant answer that, however one Hollywood producer made a film, where a top eletectd official, was less than clean.
This goes under hostile work environment conditions, so I cant say anything else.

>So testosterone blocks mind-readers? I'm assuming you're then either a woman or a rather effeminate man, since you've expressed concerns over the government using them against you... I must have nothing to fear, cause I'm a big, macho Scandinavian-American. That's good to know.
Phil responds> Its in their physiochemical makeup. They do have a high testosterone. This might be a factor in a resistance to forms of psychotronics.

LRRPs was spelled this way for a reason.

The encounter was in a clearing, where by chance aliens were met. They were a form of tall Gray not known, but encountered it seems only that day.
There were about five to seven members of the LRRPs team that encountered the aliens complete with craft in a clearing.
One of the LRRPs team panicked and opened fire with a FALN at very close range.
The alien had some sort of suit on it, that stopped the bullets, but it did knock him, down.
The leader of the aliens came over and backhanded the soldier who let loose the short burst.
That short burst were the only shots fired.
The leader of the LRRPs made gestures that he was sorry and his side backed away.
They were extremely lucky not to have gotten into a full range fight.

This is what your group of people are playing with, as it seems that either someone is paying you off, or you have no common sense.

If I knew what you knew, I would change my name, move away and have my mail forwarded to a non described drop.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 9 2008, 11:04 AM)
LRRPs was spelled this way for a reason.

Huh? What reason is there to misspell a common military acronym?

There were about five to seven members of the LRRPs team that encountered the aliens complete with craft in a clearing.

A FALN? Fuerzas Armadas de Liberacion Nacional? The Puerto Rican group that wants to break away from the US? They used those guys as weapons in Vietnam? Wow. Well, I guess I wouldn't want to fight too much more if someone threw a screaming Puerto Rican dude at me....

QUOTE (->

A FALN? Fuerzas Armadas de Liberacion Nacional? The Puerto Rican group that wants to break away from the US? They used those guys as weapons in Vietnam? Wow. Well, I guess I wouldn't want to fight too much more if someone threw a screaming Puerto Rican dude at me....

The alien had some sort of suit on it, that stopped the bullets, but it did knock him, down.
The leader of the aliens came  over and backhanded the soldier who let loose the short burst.
That short burst were the only shots fired.
The leader of the LRRPs made gestures that he was sorry and his side backed away.
They were extremely lucky not to have gotten into a full range fight.

Wasn't that a scene from a made-for-tv sci-fi movie on the Sci-Fi channel last week?

This is what your group of people are playing with, as it seems that either someone is paying you off, or you have no common sense.

Hey, if you pay me off, I'll ask my former CO to see if he can't stop the CIA from using their mind-readers on you...

QUOTE (->

Hey, if you pay me off, I'll ask my former CO to see if he can't stop the CIA from using their mind-readers on you...

If I knew what you knew, I would change my name, move away and have my mail forwarded to a non described drop.

Or I could just stick around and do my thing. I'm one of "them," remember?

OK. Just step outside at 12:32 pm. till 12:33pm, and face southwest, I will scan you and confirm your ID. if you are indeed a real big dumb weirdo perhaps we can do something.

Willco. Stepping outside now.
paul h
BDW,
Humm, The photos we have on file for you doesn't seem to match, you now seem to have two feet longer hair and when did you get those tattoos on both forearms? I am waiting for a computer match of your synaptic electrical pulses...
OK, got it,,, Well it seems that you are big and also weird, perhaps not so dumb but the SEP is a match. So here you go try this:

http://yp.yahoo.com/yp/Jupiter_FL/Entertai...lt/8105005.html

one of them is only a mile and a half from you now.
and don't let philip347 fool you we over came the testosterone thing years ago.
The only thing that gives us a problem now is still those damn pointed aluminum foil hats that some people still wear when they think we are watching.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (paul h+Apr 9 2008, 11:34 AM)
BDW,
Humm, The photos we have on file for you doesn't seem to match, you now seem to have two feet longer hair and when did you get those tattoos on both forearms?

Hey, I had both of those when I enlisted! My record should show as much. You don't see the mention of how I had to tattoo clothes on the woman on my left arm to comply with the Army's PC policy?

I thought so... How else would the SSgt who recruited me know I wanted to go 18-X?

QUOTE (->

I thought so... How else would the SSgt who recruited me know I wanted to go 18-X?

The only thing that gives us a problem now is still those damn pointed aluminum foil hats that some people still wear when they think we are watching.

Ain't they a pain in the butt? I've been contacted by someone from the NSA (I can't give you his name, you know how it is) to see about removing all the aluminum foil from certain 'key" individual's residences. Operations should begin shortly.
philip347
For balance I have to mention that there was a south American soldier, who was on a fishing trip abducted by short hairy aliens.
Inside of their flying saucer craft, there were bodies, humanoid.
Their leader wanted a pen knife that the soldier had carried, as the two other aliens got in a slap fight over a simple pen knife.
Later, the leader wanted to know Earth's defense capabilities, as I guess they were interested in a hostile takeover of Earth.
The soldier was returned, and reported what had happened to him.
*There are probably many other aliens in space, on small worlds that want to get into what Earth has?
For this reason, I can see why the military establishment would tend to be a little paranoid on the subject.
However for me, I've done nothing.
This use to be a really nice board to post on.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 9 2008, 12:17 PM)
Their leader wanted a pen knife that the soldier had carried, as the two other aliens got in a slap fight over a simple pen knife.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif
That is the funniest mental image I've had in a long, long time....
laugh.gif laugh.gif
vkamath
QUOTE (philip347+)
For this reason, I can see why the military establishment would tend to be a little paranoid on the subject.

..also I assume it would be somewhat embarrassing for the military establishment to discuss b*tch slapping aliens.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Derek1148
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipsychotic
philip347
Technical note this thread. On the suggestion of administered medications.
Please note, that the magical and semi-magicals, have a different dopamine give-off and or configuration to their physiologies.
I was once given Lexipro as a calmative.
The Lexipro caused lighting flashes within my head, to the point where this became very painful and I had to stop the medication.
The harassment and bullying on this board, I hope is recorded.
I hope it also affects any off world contact, that whoever is responsible for this treatment sponsors.
The prediction is, that some forms of the NEW Anunnaki will return, if said Planet X does materialize on its said return.
Please note by information given to coasttocoast.com in pictures, under files, lucid dream showing the return of the Anunnaki, these genetically advanced super lizard beings, are not the same as the tall white bipedal lizards, as shown in Sumerian sculptures, as the more kinder original Anunnaki.
The new Anunnaki, might not only be exceedingly cruel, however vastly advanced over what military forces are able to muster from Earth.
There is no military or security value to harassing me, other than just plain cruelty.
Never come to me, if either your troops or space m people are massacred, because after my treatment, I simply don’t care anymore.
*An example of magicals and semi magicals are given in the instance of a British football player, who was injured during a match in England, wandered to an adjacent field, was removed, taken care of by robed magicals in their spacecraft and then dutifully returned.See humanoid sightings reports files:
One thing is very apparent on this board, anymore.
The U.S. is very good at making enemies and dealing out both harassment and torture, even to potential allies.

BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 9 2008, 04:33 PM)
... the magical and semi-magicals, ... calmative...

The harassment and bullying on this board, I hope is recorded.
I hope it also affects any off world contact, that whoever is responsible for this treatment sponsors.
... the return of the Anunnaki, these genetically advanced super lizard beings, are not the same as the tall white bipedal lizards, as shown in Sumerian sculptures, as the more kinder original Anunnaki....
Never come to me, if either your troops or space m people are massacred, because after my treatment, I simply don’t care anymore.

ROFLMAO
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I LOVE this guy!
laugh.gif laugh.gif
"THEY"
Derek, you just solved all my problems. !
orestis
Philip-

Please say you are working on a Sci-Fi script. Or that you are just baiting people.
If not, my friend, find someone who loves you and ask for help.
And don't tell anybody on the street about the lizard people.
Trippy
I live in a nation comprising three islands in the Southwest pacific.
Graduated with a BSc in Chemistry.
Mostly Analytical/Environmental/Organometallic.
I work for the local regional government authority.
I spend my day analyzing ground water chemistry (Land fill leachate, sewage discharge, storm water discharge). I also deal with pollution complaints.
Based on what I write in my little black book, legal actions can ensue.
I worked in mental health for 5 years.
I'm currently enroled to do a 4th year (post grad) paper in the GHS and hazard management (ties in nicely with my job).
I've also trained as a secondary school teacher (Junior Science, Senior CHemistry, Senior Physics), and I've trained as an electronics engineer.

I dropped out the teacher training, because I had a personality conflict with some of the teaching staff, and had 'issues' with some of the philosophies they were promulgating.

I dropped out of the electrical engineering because of personality conflicts again (I though that some of my lecturers were idiots, and they repeatedly proved it). Plus I got banned from the computer labs for writing a virus - It wasn't a virus, it had no ability to reproduce itself, all it did was shut your computer down (I wrote it using Pascal for Windows, and all it did was feed windows a specific command) initially I named it runme.exe and left it sitting in a public directory, but then this one ###hole decided to try and bully me, he always used the same computer, and it was one that I could log onto over the network - so I copied the program into the startup folder on his local profile (you know the programs that get run when you log on) and then ran the biggest program I could find on his hard drive over the network (crashes both computers in fairly short order).

Apparently it took the IT lecturer 4 hours to find out what the problem was (one of the lecturers, incidentally, that I considered a ***** - he regularly failed me for writing programs in TurboPascal that were more functional then he required, even though I was doing it in half the time it took anyone else).
kjw
g'day mate... yep another aussie

graduated with BAppSci (Env Sci) - split major Chemistry and Biology. The chemistry part was heavy weighted towards analytical biochemistry and the biology was mostly systematics. "greeny with a degree" was the title we adopted, which did not last long in the real world...

after uni worked for a pharmaceutical manufacturer (laboratory and then production management) and now in a regulatory compliance position (who thought making drugs would have so much paper work laugh.gif )

spent another year procrastinating over going back to uni to do either physics or philosophy...

spend most of my free time looking away from the earth
Derek1148
QUOTE ("THEY"+Apr 9 2008, 11:36 PM)
Derek, you just solved all my problems. !

THEY,

Have you ever been abducted by extraterrestrials?
Trippy
QUOTE (kjw+Apr 10 2008, 07:47 PM)
g'day mate... yep another aussie

graduated with BAppSci (Env Sci) - split major Chemistry and Biology. The chemistry part was heavy weighted towards analytical biochemistry and the biology was mostly systematics. "greeny with a degree" was the title we adopted, which did not last long in the real world...

after uni worked for a pharmaceutical manufacturer (laboratory and then production management) and now in a regulatory compliance position (who thought making drugs would have so much paper work laugh.gif )

spent another year procrastinating over going back to uni to do either physics or philosophy...

spend most of my free time looking away from the earth

I'm not an Ocker ya horse scratcher wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif
Ron
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 7 2008, 09:52 PM)
I dont believe in hacking.

Philip347,
If you really want good relations on this board, you may want to be a little more subtle with your 'issues'. I'm sorry, but I can't help but be offended at your references to soldiers. I've know many Vets personally (both from my era and from Vietnam, and the Gulf). Please keep your hearsay 'tales' to yourself in this reguard. I'm a very proud Vet and have a tremendous amount of respect for the Vets I know (even BDW...!). I'm sorry If that offends you but I felt the need to convey my feelings about those second hand anecdotes.
To BDW, You must have had some really good commisioned platoon leaders! My experience was more like : "why does he have to ride Charlie 32!
Just a personal anecdote:
With the Lt as Tank Commander on a maneuver in Germany, we were headed for what looked to me as some pretty thick mud.(I was forced into driving because our E-6 TC took the gunner's seat) I told the Lt that we might want to try to go a different route but he insisted, SSG Brown shrugged so I kept going. Low and behold after about 5 mins trying to get out of the mud, both tracks popped off and we were literally up to the turret in mud with both tracks thrown!
The Lt called for a ride for himself and an M88 recovery vehicle. After 3 or 4 hours the M88 showed up. My crew dug out as much as we could, the 88 attached it's winch to us and anchored himself to a tree. Before the tank even budged, the tree fell right on top of my tank! The 88 crew said "You know where the axe is, we'll be back in the morning with 2 88's. 2 days later, after being delivered c rations and some of them new fangled MRE's once a day in the morning, we were finally pulled out by the 2 88's. Then we were left again to put both tracks back on in the mud and rain.
Thanks alot Lt!
Sorry for being so long winded, but I still remeber that feeling (not so good cold wet and muddy) to this day.
Thanks for listening, maybe now I can have some closure, boo hoo hoo.
Peace,
Ron
orestis
I'm a layman with no formal training, just a strong curiosity. I've tried twice to learn the math but each time I would come home after a class and sit in chair, rocking back and forth saying, "Make them go away, make them go away." My good, patient wife finally said no more.

KJW- since your from Australia I have a geography question. I lived in New Zealand for almost a year in a nice little North Island town called Napier. I learned to like rugby there by watching the All Blacks do their dance before each game.

The question is those Kiwis kept talking about a West Island but I never could find it. Every time I looked at the map the only place west of New Zealand was Austral....

Oh. Never mind.
cream-pye'czar-hour
QUOTE (Ron+Apr 10 2008, 12:21 PM)
Phil 747,
If you really want good relations on this board, you may want to be a little more subtle with your 'issues'. I'm sorry, but I can't help but be offended at your references to soldiers. I've know many Vets personally/In Kitty-litter (both from my era and from Vetnumb, and the Persian-Gulf-balls ear'***). Please keep your hearsay `cropped tales' to yourself in this regard. I'm a very proud VET and have a tremendous amount of respect for the VETS, I know (even BD-SM...!). I'm sorry If that offends you but I felt that need to s'end my feelings about-one-of-those 2ND hand anicdots.

Excuse the edited quote, I'm giving an example of what critics stoop too without referring to the subject mater of their brainless ridicule based on one diplom in a narrow field of knowledge.

I attempted to give this `positive feedback' to corbest however the computer won't allow Newbies to lodge feedback at all, :

{corbest positive feedback:
I haven't figured out who's sock-puppet <MAX> could be, Moomin is a Nobody has ever heard of, N O M is a serial NEG giver from years with multitudes off sock-puppet aliases giving themselves/himself a large positive feedback score.

Don't dispare, If you look at every-bodies feedback over the years you will realize that N O M is the leading *** on the planet giving NEGS sum total to everyone that creates a post whilst he remains thread-less/headless/subject-less to post something of his own self/thoughts, he's an Idea-impotent-imbecile.}

RON, please continue with your subject post and don't worry about my quick intrusion into the thread.
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (Ron+Apr 10 2008, 07:21 AM)
To BDW, You must have had some really good commisioned platoon leaders! My experience was more like : "why does he have to ride Charlie 32!

Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I should have pointed out that my description of the qualification of various COs was based only on my own experience. But then, I've heard it said that the armored divisions were never very bright to begin with, so maybe your experience was to be expected. tongue.gif
Ron
QUOTE (BigDumbWeirdo+Apr 10 2008, 01:13 PM)
Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I should have pointed out that my description of the qualification of various COs was based only on my own experience. But then, I've heard it said that the armored divisions were never very bright to begin with, so maybe your experience was to be expected. tongue.gif

Hi BDW,
Good point. In fact were were referred to as 'DATs' - Dumb @ss Tankers! That's probably a part of the reason I started reading physics and cosmology in the service!
Peace,
Ron
"THEY"
QUOTE (Derek1148+Apr 10 2008, 02:08 AM)
THEY,

Have you ever been abducted by extraterrestrials?

Nope............

cool.gif
Derek1148
QUOTE ("THEY"+Apr 10 2008, 05:26 PM)
Nope............

cool.gif

Just checking.
philip347
I don't think that the abduction scenario is going to be of value in five years time?
Derek1148
Can you describe the abduction?
philip347
I’ve got to settle something right now, as it seems that this latest influx of posters, are nothing but trouble makers.
The military is actively paying military recruits and probably senior enlisted men, to come to posting boards and disrupt them.
In short, they want to take over the free exchange of ideas, on scientific pages, that helps a society to progress.
I can supply the link if you want it?!
My response to anything and my disclosure, was a measured response to someone hacking into my affairs.
This action and nothing more.
I am not antipatriotic or whatever label they are trying to paint on me, however I am a sub cult ethnic minority.
This area, you have to be careful in, as it comes back later at you, if you wear a uniform.
If you jerks want to pile on and make issues uncomfortable for the people that post here and disrupt business, this this act by you is on your conscious.
Look what Hollywood did to the memory of geophysicist David Johnson, who perished in the Mount Saint Helens disaster.
He was a quiet person, who had a sense of humor.
By the time the movie industry got done with him, he was a swashbuckling pirate like figure.
You see the contrast, don’t you?
This is the same garbage that is going on this board, as someone in power, thinks that absolute control, means absolute power.
This is not true, most scientific types are quiet and unassuming.

The five year mark, was indicated in another thread by the delineation of Zachariah Sitchins book, The Twelfth Planet. The Anunnaki were described as being a type of upright walking bipedal lizard humanoid. However, what is indicated is that if mankind was engineered to be man by them, then there had to be love in the equation when mankind was physically engineered.
As a guide, I’m telling you by information that is coming in, that this no longer be the case?
Look at how they had panicked in the other threads when discussing advanced alien life forms coming to Earth?
Derek1148
Thanks, I believe that clears it up.
"THEY"
QUOTE (philip347+Apr 10 2008, 11:46 AM)
Look at how they had panicked in the other threads when discussing advanced alien life forms coming to Earth?

I didn't either panick........
rpenner
This is why we are so hard on cranks, crackpots, and the anti-science crowd:

Because all forms of "woo" are related by the proponents inability to separate what they feel from facts and critical thinking.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2008/04/...cinationism.php
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2008/02/...at_together.php
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/10/...nation_revi.php
paul h
OK,, Nobody panic. But,,,
When the Crank Buster of the year thread is over you must all agree to give the winner of the award a POZ.
philip347
Oh I would if I were you, look?

I don’t have a reason for this. www.alienbluestar.com
Problem? Humans are raised as genetic contributors here, to act as suppliers to other needed gene pools.
The reason? Its because most more advanced humanoid species all genetically engineer.
Problems there? Gene lines because they’ve because they’ve been tampered with, reach racemose ends.
The only reason that I can figure that the beings from this site are visiting, is that an all out atomic war, might set off both Eta Carinea and Wolf Rayette 104.
This section of space is precariously balanced.
So they really don’t care about us, it’s the gene matter t and their supply that their worried about.

Second look at this? http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page1358.html
This is a lucid dream of what the modern Anunnaki look like now.
Great contrast, wouldn’t you say?

The thing is, is I cant tell what the attitude of the second set of aliens would be, nor their intentions?

If the first group is warning us, not to have a nuclear exchange, then its probably because over the issue of wormhole conveyance of super energies generated from nuclear explosions, as a goodly portion of this highly concentrated energy, goes through other dimensions. Some of these dimensions through distance also.

This is out of my hands, because of you jerks storming the boards, when there was no call to do this.
If you look in my pervious says, there are also some said transgressions place against me.
*Note the insignia on the first set of aliens, is probably an insignia that is secretly familiar to some
theory_of_nj
This forum is like a sitcom laugh.gif
Bingo
QUOTE (theory_of_nj+Apr 11 2008, 06:10 PM)

laugh.gif - sure, that's why I'm an addict!
TheDoc
QUOTE (theory_of_nj+Apr 11 2008, 06:10 PM)

Trust me, you've barely scratched the surface laugh.gif
BigDumbWeirdo
QUOTE (Ron+Apr 10 2008, 08:27 AM)
Hi BDW,
Good point. In fact were were referred to as 'DATs' - Dumb @ss Tankers! That's probably a part of the reason I started reading physics and cosmology in the service!
Peace,
Ron

Nothing feels quite as good as defying a stereotype, eh? smile.gif
And -please forgive me- I was one of those guys who always made jokes about the DATs, the DADs (dumb -ss dismounts) and the jarheads.
Sorry!
oomchu
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 12:33 PM)

My name is Donald. I wanted to be an astronomer at the age of six and watched the moon landings on TV when I was 9.  I graduated High School (by the skin of my teeth).  I protected you all during the cold war by babysitting an antiquated store and foward concentrator which would have been used to send electronic confirmation to fire the nukes. 

I spent the largest portion of my "professional" career working for stupid corporations fixing stupid communications and computer problems for stupid people until I smartened up and figured out I didn't have to whore myself for someone else's profits in order to live.  I have some post-secondary education that is woefully incomplete primarily due to life's challenges.  I practiced lots of crazy sex while you guys were doing crazy math and crazy string theory and quite frankly I'd trade my history in that area for yours in physics in the wink of an eye.

I definitely like you.

QUOTE (->

My name is Donald. I wanted to be an astronomer at the age of six and watched the moon landings on TV when I was 9.  I graduated High School (by the skin of my teeth).  I protected you all during the cold war by babysitting an antiquated store and foward concentrator which would have been used to send electronic confirmation to fire the nukes. 

I spent the largest portion of my "professional" career working for stupid corporations fixing stupid communications and computer problems for stupid people until I smartened up and figured out I didn't have to whore myself for someone else's profits in order to live.  I have some post-secondary education that is woefully incomplete primarily due to life's challenges.  I practiced lots of crazy sex while you guys were doing crazy math and crazy string theory and quite frankly I'd trade my history in that area for yours in physics in the wink of an eye.

I definitely like you.

That said ... in terms of knowledge here I have a dulled butter knife compared to most of your Ak-47's.  But I have big balls ... probably due to the amount of crazy sex I've actually had (see the bolded "lots" above).

And oh yeah ... I write the best college hockey blog on the internet.

People who genuinely acquire knowledge about physics, math and such later in life usually add a depth to their character that will fail to materialize in younger individuals who have a natural intuition in such matters.

I am one year away from having a B.S. in mechanical engineering, and while I am definitely not a genius in any way, pursuing the degree has been the best thing I have ever done. I am two classes away from a math minor, but a math minor at this point may be more of a hassle than anything. Anyway, to those of us who are interested, but are not naturally gifted in these areas, I say if you keep the desire to learn you will gain a degree of humility and strength of character that the naturally gifted people will never attain unless they too take themselves out of their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
oomchu
QUOTE (uaafanblog+Apr 7 2008, 01:21 PM)
Ahhh ... but mine wasn't theoretical! wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
oomchu
QUOTE (BigDumbWeirdo+Apr 7 2008, 01:23 PM)

In academic subjects, I have absolutely no formal education. My education in physics is entirely self-aquired, and almost entirely qualitative, given my limited understanding of maths. I am currently working my way through algebra help and text-books, and plan to continue this with trig and calculus soon. I am scheduled to begin attending college this summer, aiming at an AA degree with a pre-major in chemistry, after which I intend to pursue a degree in physics.

B.S...That is impressive. I don't think there are too many other people on here who would do that. In fact there are a self delusional and think they can spew some nonsense and it magically overturns century of proven scientific theory.
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.