To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: Nano-suit
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > News discussions > Nanotechnology News

Gnat
I was wondering if any one has ever considered making a suit completely from nano-tech?

If so where do I go to see some research on it?
unsure.gif ph34r.gif
eyeque
QUOTE (Gnat+Oct 22 2008, 07:11 PM)
I was wondering if any one has ever considered making a suit completely from Nana-tech?

If so where do I go to see some research on it?
unsure.gif ph34r.gif

If it was an aqua suit it wouldn't soak through. It could be designed like an Alaskan snow suit but if you fell trough a lake into the freezing water it wouldn't allow any water to permeate. That means survival in the Alaskan wilderness even when submerged in freezing water.
eyeque
to pull over his head like a beenie?
Gnat
No, I meant it like the Alaskan snow suit except that it would protect you from both cold weather and extreme heat to a certain point. ph34r.gif cool.gif

and why would I even consider nano-tech for a condom? unsure.gif dry.gif
Gnat
No, these suits can't stop bullets they would be way to heavy if you put in enough metal for that. and I'm thinking that these suits would be used more for missions in the antartic and inside valcanoes (to a certain depth). ph34r.gif laugh.gif cool.gif tongue.gif ph34r.gif
Gnat
Your very welcome mellow.gif
But it still doesn't answer my original question. ph34r.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif
which is has anyone thought of it and is it in production or a test phase somewhere? ph34r.gif
Capracus
Student designer and fiber scientists create a dress that prevents colds and a jacket that destroys noxious gases.
Fashion designers and fiber scientists at Cornell have taken "functional clothing" to a whole new level. They have designed a garment that can prevent colds and flu and never needs washing, and another that destroys harmful gases and protects the wearer from smog and air pollution.
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/May07/...fashion.aj.html

Gnat
yes, these are close to what i wan't to design but what i'm looking for is a suit made completely from nanotechnology or in their case nano particles. ph34r.gif
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.