To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: Mental events the same as quantum nonlocal events?
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and New Theories > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, New Theories

Zenmaster
QUOTE ("An interdisciplinary approach to certain fundamental issues in the fields of physics and biology: towards a Unified Theory"+)
Recent experiments appear to have revealed the possibility of quantum entanglement between spatially separated human subjects. In addition, a similar condition might exist between basins containing human neurons adhering to printed circuit boards. In both instances, preliminary data indicates what appear to be non-local correlations between brain electrical activities in the case of the human subjects, and also non-local correlations between neuronal basin electrical activities, implying entanglement at the macroscopic level. If the ongoing extended research and the analysis of same continues to support this hypothesis, it may then make it possible to simultaneously address some of the fundamental problems facing us in both physics and biology through the adoption of an interdisciplinary empirical approach based on Bell's experimental philosophy, with the goal of unifying these two fields.
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/physics/0601060

1. That what we refer to as mental events may be the same as quantum nonlocal events and spring from the same source. Two former mysteries can now be combined into one mystery, which can more readily be subjected to experiment in the biophysics realm.

2. It appears that macroscopic entanglement can be constantly regenerated or maintained by neuronal systems, while defying the usual decoherence faced by nonliving particle systems, permitting repeated measurements on these same systems. This allows one to introduce the concept of Alice and Bob being entangled themselves vs their previously just being limited to using entangled photon states. This also allows Alice and Bob, even if they are not entangled themselves, to use entangled human neuronal basins as their nonlocal proxies.

3. That we may now be able to test Hameroff’s theory (1994) that microtubule based quantum coherence should be sensitive to general anesthesia using either entangled human subjects or human neuronal basins and, that by altering the neuronal microtubules in genetic or other fashion in the human neuronal basins, to possibly determine exactly where and how the transition from mental-quantum to brain-classical and vice-versa takes place.

4. That there appears to be two different types of wave-function collapse or decoherence processes, one for living and one for nonliving systems.

5. A possible experimental resolution of the Schrödinger’s cat and Wigner’s friend paradoxes is proposed which provides for a new nonlocal technique, based either upon entangled human subjects or human neuronal basins. This means that one never has to open up the box to see what has happened inside and can know instant by instant the status inside any closed box of any situations above and beyond the Schrődinger’s cat and Wigner’s friend paradoxes.

6. An empirical technique to determine if nonlocality is controllable or uncontrollable and whether superluminal communication is therefore possible in a 2-way fashion.

7. The possibility of simultaneously closing the detector efficiency and locality loopholes in a test of Bell’s inequality by utilizing human neuronal basins as detectors.
Zarabtul
I agree
Zarabtul
Has anyone found any information linking these two fields? If so please post them I'd be interested in reading what exactly they have to say.
Zarabtul
Now I feel as if I'm talking to myself. Oddly enough...
Zenmaster
QUOTE ("Zarabtul"+)
"Pitt Community College may soon offer the nation's first training program for nuclear medical technicians seeking certification."
This may be of interest to you.
Did I miss something? What does this link have to do with this research proposal?

QUOTE ("Zarabtul"+)
Has anyone found any information linking these two fields?
What type of information are you looking for? Obviously, there is plenty of information on the general subject. However, apparently, not much at all with regards to a hard-science approach towards determining if neural activity can be correlated to nonlocal events.
Zarabtul
"Neural Networks are a different paradigm for computing:

von Neumann machines are based on the processing/memory abstraction of human information processing.

neural networks are based on the parallel architecture of animal brains."

An Introduction to Neural Networks

From this statement I derived that it had to do with measuring Neural Networks in the brain. With this in mind I can see a correlation between any sort of machine that does this, though I mentioned one that seems to be researched as more thorough. A few of these could be MRI, EEG, CT, PET, and the new FMRI.

I figured they correlated well as there are very few scientists that study this area and it not only helps Logirithimic Applications, but neurological ones as well.

This is what I posted it for.

The truth

"Neural Computation - The MIT PressMultidisciplinary research on the twin scientific and engineering challenges of understanding the brain and building computers."

MIT
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.