To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: LPCVD Nitride Etch
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > Technology > Technology

bryan ackers
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good etch for furnace silicon nitride? Iam not
concerned about selectivity
and do not want to use hot phosphoric acid.

Regards,

Bryan.
beyder
Brian,

You can use HF or BOE (buffered oxide etch). I am not sure what the actual rates are, but we take off about 1000A in 1hr.
You can also etch in CF4 RIE at about 30nm/min, I think

Arthur
zach
You can use HF or BOE (buffered oxide etch). I am not sure what the actual rates are, but we take off about 1000A in 1hr.

Eh? With HF, more like seconds...
Alex K.
Eh? With HF, more like seconds...

Yes. HF is etching SiN very poorly.
Once I have tried etching PECVD-SiN with HF. I always got some residuals on
the sample.
CF4 or some other F-containing plasmas should be the better choice.

Alex
bryan ackers
Hello Again,

I don't want to dry etch. From what I have read HF etches much faster
than BOE (1% HF 600A/min).
I will just give it a try and dilute down 48% at 40C to 50C.

Cheers,
Bryan.
kai
so, did you use the HF at last. if so, do you have good removal rate up there

thanks
Does anyone know how to control the profile of the nitride spacer (as in side of poly gate) by etch or other processing?

Thanks.
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.
© Science X : physics and technology news - Version for PDAs - Medical & Health news articles - mobile