1) get a strange result
2) check the things that are easy to check on paper
3) announce strange result -- emphasize if true it would change physics
4) talk to the scientists at the facility where you talked to the press
5) watch your group be eaten alive by the press
6) watch the whole thing unravel between a loose timing fiber optic cable and another group down the hall who use the same neutrino beam
7) resign and cross off the guy who says "no such thing as bad publicity" from your Christmas card list
1) say "I'm going to make you rich, send me money"
2) say "No time to let people check my results"
3) go to 1
God Dang ? Sounds like you know what is happening in my organization.
I am worried about the bad press . Yeah . A Harvard Gal . Funny every time someone says " A Harvard Gal " someone pipes up and says . That don't mean pooh. I laugh and say " That is the same thing so and so said .
The Rossi thing is still going ? Wow . Talk about dragging on . Still no real peer review ? Interesting