To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: Anti-time: What Is It?
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and New Theories > Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, New Theories

Roarie22
I've been discussing String and M Theory with some of my friends, and I've come across something I can't figure out.

Anti-Time.

As is a basic element of life, things have a positive and a negative.

Matter and Antimatter.
Gravity and Anti-gravity.
Proton and Electron.

My question is, what is the opposite of time? What is Anti-Time?

I'll add in any information I come up with, but if anyone could give some ideas, it would much appreciated.
mmax
Wasn't that in an episode of Star Trek? tongue.gif
amrit
QUOTE (Roarie22+Jun 8 2007, 02:08 AM)
I've been discussing String and M Theory with some of my friends, and I've come across something I can't figure out.

Anti-Time.

As is a basic element of life, things have a positive and a negative.

Matter and Antimatter.
Gravity and Anti-gravity.
Proton and Electron.

My question is, what is the opposite of time? What is Anti-Time?

I'll add in any information I come up with, but if anyone could give some ideas, it would much appreciated.

anti-time is mind f××÷×÷ck of your mind
Zephir
By contemporary physics the time is defined by many distinct ways ( the radiative, thermodynamic, imaginary, cosmological or psychological time arrow). Furthermore we should realize, many time arrows can be distinguished at the different level of nested Aether quantum foam (i.e. the foam formed by another foam, recursively). While the Aether bubbles at one level of Aether nested foam can expand, the another ones can collapse. By AWT it's relatively easy to imagine the negative thermodynamical time arrow. It's the state of particles, where the density of Aether increases by such way, the gravity becomes repulsive force and the particle are dissolving in the vacuum. Such state can appear near the black holes, where the gravitational gradient and density of Aether becomes more intensive, then the density of Aether bubbles.

The anti-time should correspond the two model of radiative time arrow, developed recently. By AWT the surfaces of aether bubbles are paired by the same way, like the surfaces of bubbles inside of soap foam. When the density of foam increase, the foam bubbles will become smaller and the wall between foam bubbles thicker. While the energy spreading is mediated by surfaces of foam, the foam becomes birefringent and occasionally multirefringent. It means, the light would spread along the doubled path by the same way, like the light in the birefringent calcite and every event will obtain a pair of causal consequences. The second time corresponds the antimatter particles. These phenomena can be observed like the birefringence of vacuum in the presence of strong magnetic and gravitational field, the doubling of event horizon due the charged black holes rotation and another "real life" phenomena.
amrit
zephir you are totally lost into your mind
anty time is a pure nonsense
bukh
Time is a derived function of physical world - without physical expressions you have no chance to define a change / motion. So anti-time or what you like to call it, is a situation where there are No Time. In informational world there is no such thing as a frozen moment (physical expression) - and therefore no time. Or perhaps there exist such a thing as the inverse of time - whatever that is.
Guest_mott.carl
the time can be seen as creations of the human mind.but in the physical world,
where occur changes of places,states and others,cann't think in the universe with
something that calcules those changes.Then I THINK THAT THE TOPOLOGIC CHANGES DURING THE EVOLUTIONS OF THE UNIVERSE,GENERATED THE ENTITY,THAT CALLED,TIME,AND BECAME IT THE MEASURE OF THE SPACETIME,THROUGH OF THE CURVATURES,PRODUCED BY THE BREAKDOWN OF
CONTINUITY OF THE LINEAR AND FLAT STRUCTURES OF UNIVERSE;THAT IS THE
COLLAPSE OF PT,CONNECTED TOGETHER WITH BOTH LORENTZ TRANSFORMATIONS,THAT IMPLY A ANTI-LINEAR OPERATOR,THAT GEN ERATES
CURVATURES OF SPACETIMES INTO A NON_LINEAR STRUCTURE.
Look to the FORCE OF CASIMIR THAT VALUES TWO TIMES MINOR THAT THE VACCUM.THEN THESE FORCE IS DIRECTIONED TO THAT THE NEGATIVE TIME,is localized in the energy states that negative,but that in Modulli is positive,into of the
uniform relative motions( are rotations with opposite motions ).then in thse states,
the energy is encapsulated in the holes,that are deformations,negatives to the space.
iI think what ZEPHIR HAS REASON,WHEN SPEAKS ON THE TWO_DIMENSIONS OF TIMES,BEING THE ANTIPARTICLES THE SECOND,ORIGINATED BY THE COLAPSE
OF PT.images of Mirrors and antimirros are ASYMMETRICS.
DURING the evolutions of cosmos many particles,and the space and time that
existed in that past( can have occured infinities bifurcations of spacetimes),but
these particles,time and space were compactified to higher dimensions( produced
by breaks of SYMETRY OF PT,TO MATTER,TIME AND SPACE),where these particles
spacetime exist in those dimensions,where is keeped the informations of the
universes of low-energy.when occur the system inverse,occur the breakdown of supersymmetry,that does appear the continuos spacetime and matter,originated
by these dimensions( the subparticles-are the superpartners,and the subspacetimes).Then the BH in its multiples curves of spacetime to beyond event
horizons,has all the these subspacetimes.
sweatty_black_hole
QUOTE (amrit+Jun 8 2007, 08:36 AM)

..funny you say that, I had alot to say here but I will say this:

time/light are relative to each other, so, as time/light proceeds over the event horizon[BH] it will be drawn in to no escape, therefor relative to each other just as light cannot "be" nor can time. it is between the event horizon and the singularity, in this 'zone' where one could say, there is where you find anti-time.

NO? wink.gif
IAMoraes
QUOTE (amrit+Jun 8 2007, 04:36 AM)

ME TOO! laugh.gif laugh.gif

But...
Yes.
Guest_amrit
QUOTE (sweatty_black_hole+Jun 8 2007, 02:35 PM)
..funny you say that, I had alot to say here but I will say this:

time/light are relative to each other, so, as time/light proceeds over the event horizon[BH] it will be drawn in to no escape, therefor relative to each other just as light cannot "be" nor can time. it is between the event horizon and the singularity, in this 'zone' where one could say, there is where you find anti-time.

NO? wink.gif

inside Schwartschild material particles transform into space
if in space nothing happen (no material change) time is not there
in this sense space is a-temporal
maybe one could say anty-time

light (photon) moves into space.
from one planck distance to another planck distance and so on
time here is numerical order of motion
Planck time here is unit of time

blink.gif
kaneda
Roarie22. Matter and anti-matter.

Protons and electrons are just like north and south poles of a magnetic.

No anti-gravity. Only the silly fudge called dark energy.

You can't have anti-time any more than you can have anti-light (darkness is merely it's absence). If time actually existed rather than being a mathematical convenience, anti-time would mean effect before cause as everything reversed itself.
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (kaneda+Jun 8 2007, 08:56 AM)
Roarie22. Matter and anti-matter.

Protons and electrons are just like north and south poles of a magnetic.

No anti-gravity. Only the silly fudge called dark energy.

You can't have anti-time any more than you can have anti-light (darkness is merely it's absence). If time actually existed rather than being a mathematical convenience, anti-time would mean effect before cause as everything reversed itself.

effect before cause.....

is that possible?

reminds me of this experiment that i read about, im sure you guys are familiar...

two particles are sent out on different paths, to encounter at different points, the same stimuli.....right.....at different times, under different conditions...so one would think the reaction of the two particles would be different...

it was the same reaction every time....as if the particles were programmed...

sometimes it seems as if things are programmed.....and the program is running....so the final outcome, has already happened, in a way...right?

isnt that effect before cause....

that could be anti time...

and its funny to me how you guys are so passionate about calling someone out of there mind and being so sure that there cant possibly be anti time.....

we dont even really know what time is.......

ya know? so who are we to talk of things as if we know for sure?

that seems unintelligent---

a great scientist once told me....all things are possible....

isnt that true?

is it? blink.gif
DocN
And time can go soooo slow at times.
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (DocN+Jun 8 2007, 09:13 AM)
And time can go soooo slow at times.

right doc....time cannot be measured as equal intervals...can it?

not all the "time"

tongue.gif
Zephir
QUOTE (amrit+Jun 8 2007, 11:36 AM)
...any time is a pure nonsense...

By my opinion, the time is the same BS like the space, energy or inertia. All these concepts are pretty symmetric and each of them can by expressed mutually by using of the remaining concepts. The time appears as the very same fractal sponge from our local perspective, like the other quantities, including the space. Therefore from general point of view nothing really exists, only the differently named gradients of Aether density. The time is important for general understanding of reality by the same way, like the space or energy, so it has own solid place in the physics. It helps us see the reality causual. While the very general physics should be independent to the energy, inertia, time, space or even particle concepts, it's disputable, whether it would remain unfalsifiable in the scope of these concepts, after then.
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 8 2007, 09:30 AM)
By my opinion, the time is the same BS like the space, energy or inertia. All these concepts are pretty symmetric and each of them can by expressed mutually by using of the remaining concepts. The time appears as the very same fractal sponge from our local perspective, like the other quantities, including the space. Therefore from general point of view nothing really exists, only the differently named gradients of Aether density. The time is important for general understanding of reality by the same way, like the space or energy, so it has own solid place in the physics. It helps us see the reality causual. While the very general physics should be independent to the energy, inertia, time, space or even particle concepts, it's disputable, whether it would remain unfalsifiable in the scope of these concepts, after then.

Zephir, ive been wanting to ask you about Aether....the physical structure...

did i already ask you this? someone told me it's shaped like a football...the entire aether structure...

what is it shaped like? and what is the aether "in"?

what is around the aether?

blink.gif
Zephir
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 8 2007, 07:35 PM)
...did i already ask you this? someone told me it's shaped like a football...the entire aether structure...

Yep, it looks like the nested polygonal foam or honeycomb structure without apparent scale measure. It's similar to structure of density fluctuations inside of heavily compressed particles inside of some physical singularity formed by its own copies. The observable particles and black holes are just poorly developed singularities from such perspective.

user posted image

QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 8 2007, 07:35 PM)
...what is around the aether...

While the distant Universe reflects our history, the particle quantum world appears like the look at our distant future. Therefore by my opinion the above question is a wrong question: the Aether is formed by our causal view of reality. We are deforming the Aether by our observation, thus making it the more real by the same way, like the foam shaking. Therefore the Aether is behaving like the cloud or deBroglie wave, which moves together with us through nothingness like the smelly cloud around skunk. The question is, what's outside of such smell it's not very good question for skunk, because this skunk has no chance to verify answer. From sufficiently distant perspective, here's no apparent difference between the reality and human imagination. If we see the Aether real here, it's just because we want to see it by such way.

The "around" word implies the existence positive curvature of the Aether blob, but the Aether curvature would flatten both with time, both with space distance. Therefore from very distant perspective, here's no apparent difference between the Aether observation from inside and outside perspectives, from history and future perspectives. We should observe the space like particle world formed by the myriads of tiny singularities, each of which would appear like the exact copy of whole our Universe from outside perspective.
OldWoman1904
wow...thats deep......

Zephir.....im trying to understand.....what i get from what youre saying is that size doesnt matter...?

big is small is big and small?

but amigo...you said blob.....aether blob?

and we cannot go outside the blob...or the stink cloud.... blink.gif

so it's nothingness?

that's my problem...cant imagine nothingness....or something with no boundary..

say you were a super hero---Zephir...a cape and everything...and you could fly outward, past the visible universe.....and beyond...

is it right to say that when you came to the border of the blob and passed through it, that you create an extension of the blob? like the sink cloud?

is that it?

blink.gif

yquantum
OW04, Zephir, et al,

Your statement Zep sounds so much like the theory of John A. Wheeler, "Quantum Feedback Loop".

And if so it does not explain AWT.....?

ciao_
yquantum
Nick
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 8 2007, 04:11 PM)
effect before cause.....

is that possible?

reminds me of this experiment that i read about, im sure you guys are familiar...

two particles are sent out on different paths, to encounter at different points, the same stimuli.....right.....at different times, under different conditions...so one would think the reaction of the two particles would be different...

it was the same reaction every time....as if the particles were programmed...

sometimes it seems as if things are programmed.....and the program is running....so the final outcome, has already happened, in a way...right?

isnt that effect before cause....

that could be anti time...

and its funny to me how you guys are so passionate about calling someone out of there mind and being so sure that there cant possibly be anti time.....

we dont even really know what time is.......

ya know? so who are we to talk of things as if we know for sure?

that seems unintelligent---

a great scientist once told me....all things are possible....

isnt that true?

is it? blink.gif

EINSTEIN WANTED TO KNOW IF GOD HAD ANY CHOICE IN THE WAY HE CREATED THE UNIVERSE. SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT LAWS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN. I DON'T BELIEVE THEM. tongue.gif

MITCH RAEMSCH -- LIGHT FELL --
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (yquantum+Jun 8 2007, 02:30 PM)
OW04, Zephir, et al,

Your statement Zep sounds so much like the theory of John A. Wheeler, "Quantum Feedback Loop".

And if so it does not explain AWT.....?

ciao_
yquantum

huh? huh.gif

Quantum feedback loop?

ill google it...
Confused2
Think about apples.
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (Confused2+Jun 8 2007, 04:12 PM)
Think about apples.

apples?
Darren
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 8 2007, 04:43 PM)

Therefore by my opinion the above question is a wrong question: the Aether is formed by our causal view of reality. We are deforming the Aether by our observation, thus making it the more real by the same way, like the foam shaking. Therefore the Aether is behaving like the cloud or deBroglie wave,

Hi Zephy,

Hmm..., so our observations are having an effect on how our universe forms? Erm, yes perhaps I can live with that assuming one is of sane mind and body, but how would a Schiziphrenic view the aether and what effect would this have on our universe?, particularly it's evolution? blink.gif

By the way, guys and gals, schiziphrenia is fully treatable with drug therapy.So, there ain't nothing to worry about. biggrin.gif

Cheers, Oh and keep well
Darren
Zephir
QUOTE (yquantum+Jun 9 2007, 12:30 AM)
Your statement Zep sounds so much like the theory of John A. Wheeler, "Quantum Feedback Loop".  And if so it does not explain AWT.....?

In general, the AWT is geometrodynamic theory of J.A. Wheeler, just recursive. The J.A.Wheeler was rather close to the final understanding of Universe, the problem was, he has tried to confirm it by math too early. By AWT the reality can be really described by the waves of itself.

Thirty years ago, John A. Wheeler gave up on the idea of absolute fixed laws. He believed instead in fuzzy and approximate laws that emerged from the ferment of the big bang - "coming out of higgledy-piggledy" was the quaint way he often expressed it - and sharpened over time, rather than being nailed down with infinite precision from the start. By AWT these laws are corresponding the causal gradients of Aether density fluctuations and it demonstrates, why the observable Universe is gradient driven, i.e. law driven and why it has nested composite character. The chaotic parts of Universe aren't chaotic at all, they're just sufficiently distant in its causality, being separated by many nested hidden dimensions. The chaotic quantum world is our distant future, which is indistinguishable from the past from the quantum mechanic perspective.

user posted image user posted image

By AWT the dance of density gradients corresponds the dance of physical laws, which can create more composite and complex laws freely. Because every density gradient of aether serves as a path for another causal energy and matter waves spreading, pretty well like the surface gradient of water serves for causal energy spreading at the water surface.

From gnoseologic point of view, if the science doesn't understand the quantum world, it cannot use it for explanation of anything. The fact, the quantum mechanic describes the microscopic reality well doesn't mean, we understand, why is it so. After all, the quantum mechanic fails in prediction of relativity phenomena, where the relativity theory is more successful, while the AWT reconciles all the above theories with the gradient driven Newtonian mechanic seamlessly, at least on the conceptual level. The usage of word "quantum" cannot explain the reality at least a bit, if we don't understand, what the "quantum" behavior is and how it arises from observable reality. It just sound a more "scientific", those believable for some people. But we aren't living in the "quantum reality", but "Newtonian reality". This is the gradient driven reality, which we understand well. The quantum or relativity world behaves sufficiently predictable from scientific perspective, but it's much more complex, then the Newtonian dynamics.

Therefore the Newtonian dynamics is the base of causal understanding, not the relativity or quantum mechanics theory. Because we are living in the Aether blob, which is driven by gradients, not by quantum mechanics or relativity transforms. These laws are more complex, and as such derived from Newtonian dynamics, not vice versa.
Zephir
QUOTE (Darren+Jun 9 2007, 04:16 AM)
so our observations are having an effect on how our universe forms?

This is one of the fundamental insights of quantum mechanics, not mine... wink.gif It's just quantum mechanics, which has explained first, the observable reality is alway affected by observer. The quantum mechanics is much more schizophrenic, then everything, what you can even imagine for Aether. Fortunately, this insight can be easily understood even at the scope of scope of Newtonian mechanics: we are observing the reality by the exchanging of some, at least minute energy. So the state of reality is always affected by this exchange.

By AWT we cannot affect the Universe behavior in the distant path of past or future, but we can affect deeply its causal interpretation. Simply because it's just we, who are formulating it. And we are formulating it at the base of local Aether density blob appearance, we simply projecting the local properties of Universe into behavior of more distant ones.

And this is what, the Wheeler's quauntum feedback loop really means.
Guest_mott.carl
zephir
we could to observer several conceits of time in various parts of the physics.i look
any nonsense inits times about time.As was very hard explain until the actual days
the time-dilatation and space contraction given by einstein.today is hard to explain
dimension up 4,and same the relativistic fourth-dimension.
many confused says understand,but understand nothing.

so he will go understand of apples.

Darren-how is the mathematical advance in great britain.c.hacon,r.taylor,gowers.donaldson,ben green,borcherds( is descendent of
britains?)
congratulations
mott
Zephir
QUOTE (Guest_mott.carl+Jun 9 2007, 02:11 PM)
... is hard to explain dimension up 4...

The AWT considers only one kind of motion: the harmonic wave motion. Every other motion is considered as the result of composition of wave motion in higher dimensions.
Darren
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 9 2007, 09:14 AM)
This is one of the fundamental insights of quantum mechanics, not mine... wink.gif  It's just quantum mechanics, which has explained first, the observable reality is alway affected by observer. The quantum mechanics is much more schizophrenic, then everything, what you can even imagine for Aether.

Hello Zephy,

Now lets see, some time back and on many many occasions in past threads you have argued with AlphaN., saying that QM is based on "AD HOC POSTULATES", remember?
Actually, my stance is, it is based on logical postulates, so you were almost right. Now you borrow these 'ad hoc postulates' from QM to prop up AWT?, tut, tut. The fact is you can take classical laws and feed them into QM but cannot do the reverse and this what you are doing. huh.gif

It is quite a different matter observing the observable galaxies with a telescope and then making comparisons with trying to measure a single electron. Obviously, the detector will overload the poor little electron rendering the results totally useless. The same applies, to measuring the voltage output from a pH electrode with Bipolar Op Amp, it's not going to work. There is no way to measure a single electron or cluster of electrons with a detector because the detector will disturb the electrons making the measurement invalid. mad.gif

Keep well
Darren
Guest_mott.carl
In resume,whithin from a non-linear structure given by maximal elliptic curves,haven't the time as running positively and negatively,but as both trajectoties being possibles,because are positives,into from a reference system,
that is the marker of the spacetime continuos.Then due the non-linearity the
spacetime is travel to the advanced and retarded potential,without violate causality, because the events in spacetime are created by the rotation spins from
left-handed to right-handed and vice-versa.the spacetime continuos is created into of the travel made by speed of light,because the spacetime follow not completely the pattern of continuity;as see that the particles and antiparticles are generated
by the spacetime,as said Cramer:of form transational,through of connection in the
spacetime(generated vby the OperatorPT), into of structure given by complex numbers and it complex conjugated,what is at the same the real part of complex
number ,that seen as SPACE and the imaginary part seen as TIME( both the parts connected generate the rotations that generate the space and time ,simultaneouly;
this is,the SPACETIME.
Zephir
QUOTE (Darren+Jun 10 2007, 01:27 AM)
Now you borrow these 'ad hoc postulates' from QM to prop up WAT?

The insight, the observation always affecting the subject is not difficult to derive from Newtonian dynamics: when u observe some object by photons, the photon's momentum will always change the state of the object. And this theorem doesn't belongs between QM postulates by any way. The postulates of QM are listed for example here. The fact, the AWT can explain the QM doesn't mean, it cannot use its theorem in further explanations, on the contrary.

QUOTE (Darren+Jun 10 2007, 01:27 AM)
There is no way to measure a single electron or cluster of electrons with a detector because the detector will disturb the electrons making the measurement invalid

Yep, but this is a classical mechanic explanation of quantum uncertainty, in fact. It has nothing with QM.
mott.carl
Zephir

I knew Dr.JOHN A.WHEELER,when i were at texas university at Austin,although the difficulties that have in english speak,we got understand us.we had a friend in
comon.this was at june 1982,when ,i were in USA.
Our friend was Dr.mario Schoenberg.
i have a paper of it,written with everett,about the ramifications of spacetimes.
today,dr.Deustch,works in that matter.

he spokes on supertimes and supertimes,as multi-fingereds,time and space.

dewanand
Very interesting.

Anti time is linked with the Second law of Thermodynamics.

In this law it is stated that energy can only flow from higher phases to lower, and that's how all engines work. this law is directly linked with all natural processes in the physical world, but, yes but only if they are dead.

LIVING creatures does not follow this Second law of Thermodynamics and this means in fact that they are existing in anti time.

Every living creature exists in some sort of shell filled with anti time and will not degrade or become more chaotic, like a rock in a flowing river. Only when we are dead we will decay and become dead matter.

this is how I see it theoretically.

dead matter exist in natural physical time.

living matter exist in a shell of anti time, and HIndus are calling this thing the atma, or sole.

I must do more research on this topic. It is a nice thing to think about.

thank you.

dewanand
the netherlands

True Relativity
Is there such a thing as anti-time?

Well I believe there is. If you want to know where anti-time exists then just look at all negative particles such as the electron.

Tony
Darren
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 10 2007, 01:25 PM)
QM doesn't mean, it cannot use its theorem in further explanations, on the contrary..

Hi Zephy,

Please show me where QM postulates are used to prop up Classical mechanics. If you want me to show you how classical laws are utilized in QMT, then look no further than the photo electric effect and there are many more instances.
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 10 2007, 01:25 PM)

Yep, but this is a classical mechanic explanation of quantum uncertainty, in fact. It has nothing with QM.

Who said anything about uncertainty?, I certainly didn't. I gave a logical reasoning why it is impossible to measure the state(s) of an electron with a detector. The question is, why do physcists want to measure electron in the first place, whats the problem?

Keep well
Darren
mott.carl
Darren -all well with you?

Appear me what the english mathematicians are doing wonderfully works,as
Richard Taylor and C.Hacon,and the fantastic Simon Donaldson.
Do knows the works of Donaldson made Actually ?

I adore F1,and the works of Mike Coughlan.Adrian Newey are fantastics in aerodynamics and technologies of cars.
Then how the Great Bratain is delayed in tecnology,if the F1,is perfect picture of the technology from one country?
We had the A.senna,that was excepcional

cheers
mott
Zephir
QUOTE (Darren+Jun 10 2007, 07:36 PM)
...where QM postulates are used to prop up Classical mechanics....

The AWT is causal theory. Therefore it cannot use the QM postulates for its reasoning just because the QM gives formal description of quantum world, because these postulates are still unexplained.
Darren
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 10 2007, 05:04 PM)
The AWT is causal theory. Therefore it cannot use the QM postulates for its reasoning just because the QM gives formal description of quantum world, because these postulates are still unexplained.

Hi Zephy,

Precisely and exactly my point.

Keep well
Darren
Darren
QUOTE (mott.carl+Jun 10 2007, 05:00 PM)
Darren -all well with you?

Appear me what the english mathematicians are doing wonderfully works,as
Richard Taylor and C.Hacon,and the fantastic Simon Donaldson.
Do knows the works of Donaldson made Actually ?.

Hi Mott,

How are you doing?, my original point was not to say the the British are stupid, actually the contrary. Don't forget, I am English born myself.
My anger is directed by the fact that scientifically educated people get paid less then say a contemporary who has a degree in ART and whom couldn't even fathom the square root of 9.In other words, if you are very stupid, then consider doing an art degree where deception rules and big money will be involved.
Now, if you look at British military hardware, it's completely and utter rubbish, how a nation can send brave men into a battle with such crap equipment, well words escape me.But why is British military hardware so crappie?, well because it designed by graduate art students and other pompous idiots twits that are excellent at deception and adhere to the magnificent British propaganda machine.
On the score of racing cars, the British can't even design a simple family car let alone a racing car, if you can think of one let me know.I can't wait till the U.K. joins Old Europe, then maybe things will come right at last.If not, I may consider moving to France or Holland, I don't fancy the USA, it's too right wing for me.

Cheers Mott
Darren
mott.carl
darren,you is english.you know great britain.knows its qualities and deffects.
b ut still continue producing peoples of high quality,as engeeners of f1.
and also fantastics mathematicians.Is sure,USA is the world.bnecause in USA there
are many peoples of europe,asia,and jews.that are genial scientists,but never get
produce musical composers,as Mozart,bach,beethoven,and others infinities of germanics.
unfortunely in countries of third world,science,arts,phylosophy,are luxe articles.

well,congratulations to Mr.lewis Hamilton and Mc LAREN.

cheers
mott
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (Zephir+Jun 9 2007, 02:14 AM)
This is one of the fundamental insights of quantum mechanics, not mine... wink.gif It's just quantum mechanics, which has explained first, the observable reality is alway affected by observer. The quantum mechanics is much more schizophrenic, then everything, what you can even imagine for Aether. Fortunately, this insight can be easily understood even at the scope of scope of Newtonian mechanics: we are observing the reality by the exchanging of some, at least minute energy. So the state of reality is always affected by this exchange.

By AWT we cannot affect the Universe behavior in the distant path of past or future, but we can affect deeply its causal interpretation. Simply because it's just we, who are formulating it. And we are formulating it at the base of local Aether density blob appearance, we simply projecting the local properties of Universe into behavior of more distant ones.

And this is what, the Wheeler's quauntum feedback loop really means.

i thought it was a fact that observation influences the outcome?

isnt that true?

Darren
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 10 2007, 09:40 PM)
i thought it was a fact that observation influences the outcome?

isnt that true?

Hi OW,

Unfortunately, it isn't as freaky as that, the act of measurement always disturbs what ever you are trying to measure which means, observed distance galaxies or mains borne supply voltages can be measured with no ill effects but on the other hand, the measurement of a cluster of electrons or an atom, is going to be mega disturbed if you try and measure it and therefore the measurement results would be invalid.

However, the problem comes about because under some instances the electron waves(double slit) and in other circumstances it particles(cathode ray tube). Therefore, there are some which feel the need to measure the electron to try and figure out it's characteristic.

Some here and elsewhere, will have you believe, that somehow the electron is aware and has intelligence. laugh.gif

Keep well
Darren
OldWoman1904
Hey Darren, how you doin?

i just replied to you in symmetry breaking...cool topic.....

OldWoman1904
Darren, if i may.....first i have a joke, then a question....

so, when youre talking about affect.....size matters tongue.gif

question:electron......what the hell is it Darren? ive seen images.....it never sits still, is that the problem? what if i were to hold an electron still...what would happen Darren....
and then you say they have intelligence...
now, i have this question about information......im looking around and i see evidence of a program...correct? and information is always binary correct?

so, where is this information? is it stored in physical form? or what? where is it?
some people tell me its in photons, others say its in the aether....

where is it? if its anything like computer info, its stored as individual bits....

where is the information stored Darren?

blink.gif
Darren
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 10 2007, 10:08 PM)
Darren, if i may.....first i have a joke, then a question....

so, when youre talking about affect.....size matters tongue.gif

Hi OW,

Oh my!, your poor husband...
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 10 2007, 10:08 PM)

question:electron......what the hell is it Darren? ive seen images.....it never sits still, is that the problem?  what if i were to hold an electron still...

Hee, he,he... maybe it's electrically unstable but physically stable as hell.

Keep well
Darren
OldWoman1904
QUOTE (Darren+Jun 10 2007, 03:41 PM)

Hi OW,

Oh my!, your poor husband...

Hee, he,he... maybe it's electrically unstable but physically stable as hell.

Keep well
Darren

ok hardy harr...mr funny joke guy...my poor husband...no.....

and the next joke....electrically unstable but physically stable.....

i dont get it blink.gif

does that make it even funnier? that i dont get it?

laugh.gif
Darren
QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 10 2007, 10:49 PM)
ok hardy harr...mr funny joke guy...my poor husband...no.....

i dont get it blink.gif

does that make it even funnier? that i dont get it?

laugh.gif

Hi Old Woman,

Okay, here's a solid compliment, I have never seen anybody express themselves as well as you do and I think you have the potential to go far.Are we still big buddies here, I certainly hope so. sad.gif

QUOTE (OldWoman1904+Jun 10 2007, 10:49 PM)

and the next joke....electrically unstable but physically stable.....

Okay, what happens when too much electronic gain is applied in a circuit?, do the transistors explode?, no they don't, they just oscillate which usually has no use.
Electrically stable, no oscillations, right? Electrically unstable, it oscillates, okay?

Keep well
Darren

Guest_mott.carl
Symmetry Breaking
I think that when want increase the entropy of a system,could lead us for the
symmetry breaking,this is linked between the non-linear ans linear structures,that
does the things be differentiateds by presence of acceleration,that leads us the asymmetry between protons ans electron,being that the counterpart in the spacetime is the positron,that imply the speed variable with increasement of energy,does appear the charges with variability of the electric fields flux,that haven't the same values in each point,as charges,that can breaks symmetries,
with the variability of speed of light,with the energy.then the symmetry is restaured by electron and positron,through of the time reverses.the acceleration
becomes variable the charges,when electric fields flux,where the potential-vector
is altered in the time,and current-displacement is not the same in all the spacetime intervals,increasing the speed-vector of charge.
True Relativity
It never ceases to amaze me how physics overlooks the obvious. All negative particles experience anti-time. The arrow of time hold the key to the physics of this Universe yet I doubt humans kinds ability to grasp such a simple concept, well at least not for another hundred years or so.

Tony

amrit
no arrow of time in universe
it exists only as a mind model
Farsight
Agreed.

It's as real as the direction you count in.

You can count beans into a bucket. Ping, one. Ping, two. Ping, three. Ir you could count them out. The Arrow of Time is real as the Arrow of Beans. It isn't real at all.
Zephir
QUOTE (Farsight+Jun 13 2007, 10:27 AM)
The Arrow of Time is real as the Arrow of Beans. It isn't real at all.

The fact, some quantity is not real doesn't mean, it cannot be used for prediction of measurable dependencies. At the moment, some theory based on thich quantity can predict these dependencies, it will obtain the evolutionary advantage over the stance, which just claims, such quantity cannot exist at all.

The AWT is causality based: every causal connection is considered here as real, if it streamlines the mass/energy spreading in some place. The concept of time helps to increase the speed of evolution of human civilization, it helps to intensify the mass/energy exchange there, i.e. to increase the electric current density in powerlines, the speed of automobiles and to intensify the market of Barbie dolls - so it's real too by the same way, like any other gradient of Aether causality density.
kjw
its taken a while to actually think of a response to the original question that i am satisfied in posting. the question initially crashed my brain, but here it goes...

anti-time is as an illusionary concept just as time is.

as it has been well described befor

Farsight Posted: Nov 17 2006, 10:13 AM You can't say that A happened before B and B happened before A. The A->B and B->A time experience is subjective to each object and its motion rather than something objective and fundamental with some arrow pointing in a definite A->B direction

the "passage of time" for one observer is generated by the procession of observable phenomena, cause and effect, but the sequence of these phenomena is not universal, the passage of time is relative to each observer. if time is at most relative, how can the description of time be extended to include an "anti-form" when it has no form to begin with.
amrit
QUOTE (kjw+Jun 13 2007, 08:43 AM)
its taken a while to actually think of a response to the original question that i am satisfied in posting. the question initially crashed my brain, but here it goes...

as it has been well described befor

the "passage of time" for one observer is generated by the procession of observable phenomena, cause and effect, but the sequence of these phenomena is not universal, the passage of time is relative to each observer. if time is at most relative, how can the description of time be extended to include an "anti-form" when it has no form to begin with.

time is not an ilusion
time is numerical order of events
Farsight
Good post kjw.
Zephir
QUOTE (kjw+Jun 13 2007, 11:43 AM)
...anti-time is as an illusionary concept just as time is...

Anti-time concept has its "real life" representation in the phenomena, like the double horizon of black holes or birefringence of vacuum near the magnetars. Such birefringent vacuum will appear quite differently, if you'll appear inside of it too: every light source generates a pair of differently polarized photons, spreading by two different ways, thus creating a two different realities at the same time. Such example can serve as a practical demonstration of multiverse concept.
kjw
amrit Posted: Today at 7:15 PM time is not an ilusion time is numerical order of events

but the order in which these events occur in your experience does not have to correlate to the order in which i experience them.

if time is the numerical order of events but the order of events is relative to each and every observer, then time is an illusion.

if each and every observer has their own numerical order of events, then each an every observer, relative to each other, has a distorted perception of each others numerical order of events. i think this fits the definition of an illusion quite well.
kjw
Farsight Posted: Today at 7:23 PM Good post kjw.

good teacher wink.gif
Turya
QUOTE (kjw+Jun 13 2007, 08:43 AM)

Time IS dynamics of every and each cosmic system including Cosmos itself. While exists every such system possesses its time and can be considered (it is) and used as a clock.

So time is not an illusion, some order, a dimension, arrow or whatsoever. All that are pure intellectual inventions and "over time" some of those become sort of supra natural entity.

The mechanical-Galilei concept of time was only a useful tool to compare and to analyze "kinematic motion". Later, Newton adopted such a concept as an absolute which becomes a basis of his entire dynamics (even of his calculus). SR/GR paradigm in fact only follows the lead of that concept putting in it a seed of kinematic-geometrical confusion.

The new millennium cosmodynamics will not depend on time as a concept. It will be the non-linear wave dynamics of Space.

The Space and the Observer are timeless

Guest_mott.carl
dear sirs
matter,energy,space and time are exchange of these variables,that can be parametrizeds to explain the evolutions of these variables in the spacetime.It is the
particles are generated by contrary pulsations at directions of waves,that follow the
arrow of spacetime(associated to the energy,that does the spreading of space- events-and the decreasing of entropy).such pulsation act as "anti time", or a contra
time that generate,these "symmetry breaks",calculed by non-linear structures,that
are the singularities,generateds by proper time,in the space.it is the manifold is not completely smooth,thence the non-linearity of process,permit that many dimensions time-like be compactified,but its act through of the physical interactions.
then there are smoothness of the manifolds to becomes its linear and flat,through
of partial differential equations of higher-orders,that permit through of polynomial
reductions,the transitions between non-linear systems to linear,through of topological changes,that measure the metrics of time.

Farsight
Thanks kjw.

I wouldn't say time is an illusion though. If I can reiterate for the record: it's more like heat, which is a "derived effect of motion" or an "emergent property". Yes, time is a dimension in that it's a measure, but you can't actually move through it like you can move through the dimensions of space. We have no freedom of motion through this time "dimension", because it is simply a relative measure of motion. Hence I think it's OK to talk about 3+1 dimensions, but talking about 4 dimensions is a step too far.
mott
dear farsight

the called anti-time has some relation with dark energy? or how with a non-orientable geometry to spacetime?
Artimaeis.iii
Time is defined by the idea of entropy.

Time is moving forward due to the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Anti time would by my logic therefore be defined as a collapsing universe, perhaps, wherein the laws of thermodynamics would need to be reversed and thusly systems would be going towards a state of order.

Hard to imagine in thought, but I think that's the closest thing to anti-time that you can really get.
True Relativity
amrit

no arrow of time in universe
it exists only as a mind model

You are so wrong as is Farsight.
As each and every mind is different then why do we all experience time moving in only one direction?

The arrow of time is a real physical phenomenon which can be explained but not using General Relativity but a different description of spacetime.

Tony
True Relativity
kjw

The reason the sequence of events is not the same for each frame of different observers is to do with the constancy of the speed of light which has little to do with the arrow of time. You cannot physically go back in time but you can relive moments in time using your mind.

The arrow of time is a real physical phenomenon and not just the mind creating order. It is something that physics has overlooked which is why we are still stuck on this planet instead of using anti-gravity machines to explore space.

Tony
kjw
True Relativity Posted: Today at 6:27 AM  kjw The reason the sequence of events is not the same for each frame of different observers is to do with the constancy of the speed of light which has little to do with the arrow of time.

it does if all you think that time is nothing more than an observers perception of the sum of all motion. this is why i can say time is a relative phenomena.

QUOTE (->
True Relativity Posted: Today at 6:27 AM  kjw The reason the sequence of events is not the same for each frame of different observers is to do with the constancy of the speed of light which has little to do with the arrow of time.

it does if all you think that time is nothing more than an observers perception of the sum of all motion. this is why i can say time is a relative phenomena.

The arrow of time is a real physical phenomenon and not just the mind creating order.

what do you mean by arrow of time ? is the arrow of time an absolute entity ?

It is something that physics has overlooked which is why we are still stuck on this planet instead of using anti-gravity machines to explore space.

i do not understand. please explain how the arrow of time leads to anti-gravity machines ?

True Relativity
kjw

Yes you are correct, time is a relative phenomena but it is certainly not just the mind creating order. It is a real physical phenomena that should have an explanation in physics.

QUOTE (->

Yes you are correct, time is a relative phenomena but it is certainly not just the mind creating order. It is a real physical phenomena that should have an explanation in physics.

what do you mean by arrow of time ? is the arrow of time an absolute entity ?

The arrow of time means that time itself moves only in one direction. As you read this reply you are moving through time. You can go back to the beginning of this reply and read it again but you cannot go back in time and read it afresh. The movement through time has a direction which is called time’s arrow. If there were no such thing then if you messed up at work yesterday then you could physically go back in time and relive yesterday just like the film Groundhog day. But this is not possible because time has a direction of flow.

i do not understand. please explain how the arrow of time leads to anti-gravity machines ?

This is to do with the way physics presently understands spacetime. If it carries on sticking with Einstein’s view of spacetime then we will never conquer gravity. The explanation is a little long winded so you will have to bare with me on this one.

My view of spacetime is that space and time are exactly the same entity and time is not a separate dimension from space. Spacetime is a single flowing entity that emanates constantly from all matter. From me, you the monitor you are reading this from, in fact everything made of matter. It is a field that emanates from all matter by volume which is constantly flowing. The rate at which it flows is what we know as time and its direction of flow is the arrow of time. This means that a given volume of spacetime is generated each and every second by each and every object.
To cut a long story short, it may well be possible to manipulate the spacetime field of a certain material and reshape it so it repels the gravity field of the Earth and I believe there is evidence of this when superconducting material is placed on top of a magnetic field. If there is any difference in the thickness of the superconductor then it rotates on the magnetic field which has been observed but has no explanation in classical or quantum physics. Also if you do the experiment in a smoke chamber you will find the smoke will rise above the piece of superconducting material. What is actually happing is the spacetime field of the superconductor is reshaped. If we are ever able to make a real useable high temperature superconductor and turn that experiment upside down then it will levitate against the Earth’s gravitational field.

If you have problems understanding this view of spacetime as individual spacetime fields then read the article below on True Relativity. It might help you to see where I am coming from.

Tony

Article on True Relativity

The theory of True Relativity
mott.carl
is possible to think that the time has a reverse-time:or anti-time,that is the dark energy,or negative energy.then could to imagine that the quartic roots of -1,is
{ 1,-1,-i,i} that the rotations-double,that imply the existence of time,and anti-time,
conjugateds by an imagimary numbers,with w=-iw e -w-iw',that are the internal rotations or spinors,in fourth-dimensions( bitorus).it is the matrix 4x 4,that correspond the lorentzian metric,through of the multiplications of these matrices ,
that are non-commutatives,and therefore the points in the spacetime are broken,so the primordial structures are these dimensions extended(or superstrings
or membranes),that are non-commutives.
amrit
QUOTE (True Relativity+Jun 16 2007, 08:08 PM)
amrit

You are so wrong as is Farsight.
As each and every mind is different then why do we all experience time moving in only one direction?

The arrow of time is a real physical phenomenon which can be explained but not using General Relativity but a different description of spacetime.

Tony

did you see time moving ?
bukh
mot.carl

QUOTE: "is possible to think that the time has a reverse-time:or anti-time,t---"

Perhaps one can say that anti-time is associated with Informatinal World as opposed to Physical World.

In Physical world there is Discontinuity and quant - in Informational World there is Continuity and no Quant.

In Physical World you can measure time by change - quantic change - and expressed in something like change per space m/s

In Informational World you have also change - but continous and non-quantic - it is the inverse - s/m - meaning number of changes in a non-space environment -

yes -weired !!
Achaeus
I've read through many of these posts, and you've all failed to remember one crucial factor.
Newton's Third Law of Motion. Sure, it applies to motion, but in most basic thinking, our entire universe, or all of what we have ever discovered, has been moving. Which doesn't NECESSARILY apply to the idea of Anti-Time. But read the law. It may not declare it outright, but the idea that everything has a polar opposite regulating the existence of the both of the opposites, was taken as figurative context from Newton's Third Law. Also in theory, the existence of Anti-Time would be logical when thinking of the time-space continuum. In order for the flow of time to be moving in a constant direction , there would need to be a way o distinguish time as we percieve it; that is, time moving forward without variation in the direction that time is flowing; and anti-time; moving in the same consistent flow as normal time, but just in the opposite directon. Just think. Our brains have a sense of direction and tell us when we move our legs which direction we're moving them and our eyes are able to tell us whether something is getiing closer or farther away from us, giving yet another indication of the direction we are moving. We're able to discern whether we are moving fowards or backwars. It would be logical to think that the universe has a similair system to operate under. Anti-time being the universe's sense of moving backwards, seeing the future move farther away, and seeing older things become closer and then farther away again. I have another analogy I would like to close with briefly. If a train is to move on, say the "universal track", traveling in one direction, there wouldn't be any way to tell where you were or had been, only what's ahead of you (Being that in this analogy, you can't simply turn your head around.). The idea of only foward moving time would completely nullify the idea of the time-space continuum explained in Einstein's Special and General Theory of Relativity. I don't believe that that concept is rational, or logical for that matter. Just like the senses, I believe the order of the universe needs a sense of which direction the time in it is flowing, in order for there to be a true concept of "time". Because the option of moving backward through time, is impossible to many. And that's because the idea of time moving backward, if it were to happen, would disrupt our world's perception of time. Thus, the idea of Anti-time is I believe a true and existent power in our universe. And that it regulates the flow of our perception of time.

Thank you,
-Achaeus
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.