To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: Aliens
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > News discussions > Space & Earth Sciences News
Pages: 1, 2

Zarkov
Aliens are supposed to be life forms that are "different" to those found on Earth.

They can be humanoid or they could be just a Blob

see
http://physorg.com/news129833247.html

Takao Doi, the Japanese astronaut on the Endeavour mission, agreed "life like us must exist" elsewhere in the universe.

The comments come after a surprisingly high-level debate in Japan about UFOs.

Nobutaka Machimura, the number two in government, said in December that he personally believed aliens existed, in an unusual rebuttal to a government statement that Japan had no knowledge of UFOs.

Defence Minister Shigeru Ishiba went as far as to say that he was studying the legal ramifications of responding to an alien attack in light of Japan's post-World War II pacifist constitution.

In all the movies Aliens are hostile.... err except in the film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (any more ?....."The Flight of the Navigator" )

Do you think Aliens exist ?

Do you think any Aliens are already here on Earth ?

Do you think Aliens are as primitive and hostile as earthlings ?

Just what do you think ?

(BTW I think Predator is way kewl)
Sapo
I have several BLOBs in my database, so obviously they exist.

If you're going to ignore everybody, why post? smile.gif
midwestern
Aliens are what you believe to be foreign in nature. Sure there are aliens on Earth. We find different specie and report on the transpiring evolution of the organism. smile.gif
xtrmn8r
If radically different aliens existed I imagine religion would have to rethink their stand. How could "Made in gods' likeness" be reconciled?

The Vatican's chief astronomer says that believing in aliens does not contradict faith in God.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24598508/
philip347
Esteemed fellow member, Zarkov ask >

Question, They can be humanoid or they could be just a Blob?
Ans. In the many contact list and list of encounters said so far, both.

Quest, Do you think Aliens exist ?
Ans, Yes

Q, Do you think any Aliens are already here on Earth ?
A, Yes

Q, Do you think Aliens are as primitive and hostile as earthlings ?
A, Can at time be primitive, many differing kinds of aliens?

Q, Just what do you think ?
A, Some here at behest of govt. Others said come to Earth as Earth and its resources, act as one giant sort of superstore to them. Problems sighted, in genetic continuation in some species, so abduction sequences, in some case is built around this…?

Statement, (BTW I think Predator is way kewl)
Ans, They had goofed on the Predator series, as if you look at said aliens in this series, look more akin to order of crustacia, rather than reptile?
Sapo
Why do you wacked-out f'ers think that all aliens are reptilian?

Ever heard of Pierson's Puppeteers? Or Moties? cool.gif
barakn
I'm pretty sure my round stainless steel garbage can is actually a Dalek spy....
philip347
Since this question is asked under official forum sanction I will add the following notes:

Mankind on Earth as we know him, her is a genetic concoctshun.
Mankind as said in Sitchins book, is made from part ape, part Anunnaki genes and probably genetic contributions from the Nephilum, or the past giants that the bible talks about. *Anu-knockie, a tall graceful bipedal bipedal reptile humanoid, of the past.

Very bluntly put, he is a hybrid species.
So knowing this fact, there is a limited amount that one can accomplish engineering off a hybrid species.

There is it seems problems with the next wave in evolution that is coming our way and also problems in the RNA Mendellion wave, which is a result of a past plague in Europe.* See girl recovers from her bout with the rabies virus.

This can affect the need and style of protein digestion in mankind.
I have heard on another posting board, encouraged by an Alpha Drackonian, that mankind as we know he, should leave Earth and get into the galaxy as a traveler as fast as possable.

At first I had thought it was the Drackonians simply trying to push their superior weight around.

It was not, as the Alpha Drackonians although a warrior race from the Alpha Drackonis star system, are also scientifically superiorly based, better than Earths formal sciences.

They were simply telling the truth, that all that can be done with Earth based mankind, has been done.
Like it or not, it is time for Earth based mankind to leave Earth.

This has to do with the oncoming wave in evolution and the problems that the recurrent RNA wave, in past traits might cause.
I suggest that government allow whoever wants to make contact and leave with the off world directory of aliens of their choice, be allowed to do so now.

This would be a peace park, that would have hierarchy and sectored landing areas.This is so that many off world races, not just a few can land here and consort with the people who would desire to venture from Earth.

I myself, am getting caution flags in staying here.
So for technical reasons, I am for relocation.
One of their Alpha Drackoaninas has been said to have dated a woman who is in the singing arts and they get along.
Maybe it is providence, that they spoke in truth?

Notes, our gene status, might be at its terminus, in order for mankind to stays normal as he is.

So to allow for other species to go through evolution, such as great apes left here, what would make sense, is for Earth based mankind to escape the overance wave of evolution which would begin to form him negatively and relocate to other worlds.

*I think it especially dangerous now, to engineer from Earth based mankind’s genes, to either try and design a superior creature, or a different creature.
This act might backfire and you’d end up with a monster.

Note orangutans starting to swim and spearfish, using sharpened sticks, as reported.This new development shows that what is left of the great apes, are now starting to go through evolution.So this is other Earth based man's cue to get off of Earth.
Sapo
See? I told you this could be dangerous! laugh.gif

(Is there an echo?)
Zarkov
echo----
Zarkov
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/14/2244250.htm

The British Government recorded reports of alien spacecraft flying over Liverpool and a UFO hovering over Waterloo Bridge in London, it was revealed in declassified files released overnight.

Files have been opened for the first time detailing hundreds of sightings of unexplained objects in the skies over Britain.

"Most of the UFO sightings here are probably misidentifications of aircraft lights and meteors, but some are more difficult to explain, and include UFOs seen by police officers and pilots, and cases where UFOs have been tracked on radar."

The eight files in the National Archives, covering the period from 1978 to 1987, were released under legislation governing freedom of information following a request from UFO researchers.

"The Ministry of Defence does not deny that there are strange things to see in the sky," but the note goes on to say that plausible explanations existed for the phenomenon, including space junk burning up in the atmosphere, unusual cloud formations and meteorological balloons.

"It certainly has no evidence that alien spacecraft have landed on this planet," the memo concluded.

NO concrete evidence...
Zarkov
Aliens are all the rage now !!!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...fpgoogleco.html

At the recent celebration marking the 50th anniversary of NASA, Stephen Hawking, Newton's heir as the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge, answered the question, “Are we alone?” His answer is short and simple; probably not!

Hawking presented three options. One, being that there is no life out there, and two – somewhat pessimistically, but subsequently, a little too realistic – being that when intelligent life gets smart enough to send signals in to space, it is also busying itself with making nuclear bombs.

Hawking, known not only for his sharp mind, but his sharp sense of humor, prefers option number three. "Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare," he quickly added: "Some would say it has yet to occur on earth."

Alien abductions, in Hawking’s view, are nothing more than claims made by “weirdos,” but we should be careful if we ever happen upon an alien. Because alien life may not have DNA like ours, Hawking warns "Watch out if you would meet an alien. You could be infected with a disease with which you have no resistance."

Other prominent astrobiologists have warned that we humans may be blinded by our familiarity with carbon and Earth-like conditions. In other words, what we’re looking for may not even lie in our version of a “sweet spot”. After all, even here on Earth, one species “sweet spot” is another’s species worst nightmare. In any case, it is not beyond the realm of feasibility that our first encounter with extraterrestrial life will not be a solely carbon-based occasion.

So what about water? Isn’t at least water essential to life? Not necessarily. Ammonia, for example, has many of the same properties as water. An ammonia or ammonia-water mixture stays liquid at much colder temperatures than plain water. Such biochemistries may exist outside the conventional water-based "habitability zone". One example of such a location would be right here in our own solar system on Saturn's largest moon Titan.

Hydrogen fluoride methanol, hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen chloride, and formamide have all been suggested as suitable solvents that could theoretically support alternative biochemistry. All of these “water replacements” have pros and cons when considered in our terrestrial environment. What needs to be considered is that with a radically different environment, comes radically different reactions. Water and carbon might be the very last things capable of supporting life in some extreme planetary conditions.
DuzmA
You lost me with the 'is made from part ape, part Anunnaki genes and probably genetic contributions from the Nephilum, or the past giants that the bible talks about.'

Did I miss something? Why has no time been spent demolishing this foolishness. I'll get to it myself as soon as I have time to sit down at a computer.

Some of the posters here were apparently searching for a science fiction forum when they stumbled upon this one.
xtrmn8r
DuzmA,

Go here first, it will explain philip347s' reference.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/pex_2.htm
Zarkov
More on the British X-Files

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7398784.stm

The first eight of 160 MoD UFO files have been opened at the National Archives, thanks to the Freedom of Information Act.

They contain details of thousands of sightings of strange lights and objects in the sky from 1981 to the present day.

As I leafed through hundreds of official UFO report forms it became obvious the vast majority of sightings could easily be explained.

For example, staff and customers at a pub in Tunbridge Wells reported seeing a UFO with "red and green flashing lights" moving across the sky. When asked to describe the direction of movement their answer was "Gatwick".

Aircraft, bright stars and planets, satellites and space debris all stand out as the most common explanation for UFO reports.

But a hard-core of 5-10% continues to defy explanation.

Despite the mystery that continues to surround those that remain "unidentified", the papers reveal how little time and effort was spent by the MoD to investigate them.

Even those reported by RAF pilots and civil aircrew were rarely investigated further.

This lack of interest was justified by officials on the grounds that the MoD was only allowed to determine whether UFO sightings were a threat to defence.

Meanwhile, public fascination for UFOs has continued to grow. In 1999, a survey for the Daily Mail found that 49% of the UK population believe that life exists on other planets and 29% believe that aliens had already visited Earth in flying saucers.

Equally popular is the idea that governments of the world are conspiring to conceal evidence of alien visits from the general public.

In 2001 the MoD agreed to send me papers they held on the Rendlesham Forest incident - known as Britain's Roswell. This was the first breakthrough in what became a 10-year campaign for full disclosure of British government papers on UFOs.

When the Freedom of Information Act arrived in 2005, the MoD was overwhelmed with requests for information. It soon emerged that UFOs were among the top three most popular topics.

Conspiracy theories are very difficult to disprove. I doubt the disclosure of these files will convince those who believe there is an official cover-up.

Inevitably, some have already dismissed this release as a whitewash. For them the 'truth' still remains out there, hidden no doubt in more top secret files hidden somewhere else.

Believe NO-ONE

LOL
N O M
QUOTE (Zerkoff+)
Believe NO-ONE
Don't worry Zerky. The rest of the world applies that rule to you
Zarkov
The Seeds of LIFE........Cosmic space and time travellers

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0805...id-impacts.html

Rocks that are ejected from the Earth — or any other life-bearing planet — by an asteroid impact might actually protect microbes living inside them while they float through space. These rocks could then fall to the surface of other planets, or even back to their planet of origin.

In this way, the microbes could return to their home planet and "re-colonize" the surface after the disastrous effects of the asteroid impact have worn off.

In order for organisms to survive a trip into orbit, they must endure a series of life-threatening events.

First there's the asteroid impact itself. Then there's the force of being launched into space. Next, they must travel in the harsh environment of space until a planet's gravity reels them in. This means facing an environment of extreme cold, intense radiation and vacuum exposure. Finally, they need to fall down through the atmosphere, experiencing extreme pressure, heating and the shock of landing.

Previous studies have shown that some rock-inhabiting organisms, known as "endoliths," might be able to survive a trip through space and a plunge through a planet's atmosphere to the surface. However, nobody knew whether these organisms could survive the initial trip into space.

Recently, an international team of researchers, led by Gerda Horneck of the Institute of Aerospace Medicine in Köln, Germany, selected a number of hardy microbes from Earth and tested their ability to hitchhike aboard rocks similar to martian meteorites.

The organisms used in the study included bacterial endospores, endolithic cyanobacteria and lichens. This selection provided a wider range of organisms than in other studies performed to date, including not just simple bacteria but also more complex eukaryotic organisms.

By smashing the life-containing rocks between metal plates, the researchers were able to determine which organisms are capable of surviving different pressures caused by asteroid impacts and ejection into space. Ultimately, they discovered that a wide range of organisms would be capable of surviving impacts on Mars or Earth.

Suddenly human beings, GOD, Heaven and Hell
are not so special anymore

extinction is just another LIFE phase

LOL.... and it is coming to a place near you soon !
soundhertz
Zarkov, just curious: if there was a button in front of you, and if you pushed it, 1 thing could happen, no matter how big or small, all the way from nothing happening to the elimination of the Universe, but just deciding to do one thing, what would happen if you pushed the button?
Gorgeous
QUOTE (soundhertz+May 16 2008, 06:03 PM)
Zarkov, just curious: if there was a button in front of you, and if you pushed it, 1 thing could happen, no matter how big or small, all the way from nothing happening to the elimination of the Universe, but just deciding to do one thing, what would happen if you pushed the button?

You would cure your fear of button-pushing pretty sharpish! smile.gif

I hear that all Aliens are expert theramin players. Is this true?

g.
Agent X20
QUOTE (Gorgeous+May 16 2008, 06:15 PM)
I hear that all Aliens are expert theramin players. Is this true?

g.

No, I play a custom shop stratocaster, like the rest of us visitors! smile.gif
Gorgeous
QUOTE (Agent X20+May 16 2008, 06:28 PM)
No, I play a custom shop stratocaster, like the rest of us visitors!  smile.gif

A 10-armed being could get a wonderful amount of noise out of this...

g.
Zarkov
http://physorg.com/news130167074.html

Physicists at Case Western Reserve University argues that any connection between the laws of physics and the existence of life is likely to be an illusion stemming from our shortsighted definition of intelligent life.

The authors define intelligent life as any organism capable of producing scientists who can observe the universe around them.

According to the authors, the second type of universe - one populated by scientists entirely unlike us - is too often overlooked by those who turn to anthropic arguments. After all, for all we know life could be very common in many types of universes even if stars and the other familiar components of our universe don't exist.

At best, it seems that our existence may indicate that the laws of physics as we know them are in effect - leading to a sort of litmus test for our type of physics that goes "where scientists similar to us exist, the laws of physics must be like ours." On the other hand, it's possible that our existence proves nothing more than the fact that intelligent life and the physics in our universe are simply not mutually incompatible - a conclusion that the authors describe as "nice, but hardly surprising."

The paper implies that the anthropic claim that "we observe things the way they are because otherwise we wouldn't be here to see them" should take a back seat to the search for fundamental explanations for why our physical laws must be the ones we have.

>> we observe things the way they are because otherwise we wouldn't be here to see them >>

Earthlings can only look in their own backyard.... so they see what they can detect... as would any other "alien"... the absolute reality is absolute

Unfortunately for earthlings, the Earth and other planets infected with LIFE, are special cases ...special unnatural chemistry...unlike any 'natural' places in the ONE Universe.

There are no other Universes, no matter how hard earthlings wish/imagine for such things.

When earthlings can "observe things the way they are when they are out-there to see them", their thoughts will change considerably.
Sapo
Perhaps you should consult with one of the many other Doctors in this inestimable forum, whose valuable experience could help you in your quest to lead us to absolute truth. smile.gif

Please, Alien Father Dhzerkhov, help us!!! (But wash your hands first!)
Good Elf
Hi Gorgeous, Zarkov, Agent X20, soundhertz, N O M, xtrmn8r, DuzmA et al,

Forget all the old paradigms and beliefs... Humans must be prepared for the next level of experience. "Aliens" may be that next "small step". If they can come here they will and would have.
Gorgeous
Humans must be prepared for the next level of experience.

They haven't come to terms with the last level yet! biggrin.gif

g.
Zarkov
They haven't come to terms with the last level yet!

no, they haven't

and ?sadly? they never will... they are near their use by date.
Agent X20
QUOTE (Zarkov+May 17 2008, 03:43 AM)
they never will... they are near their use by date.

Most fine - spouted by Mr vintage 1847 milk himself.

tongue.gif
soundhertz
Unfortunately for earthlings, the Earth and other planets infected with LIFE, are special cases ...special unnatural chemistry...unlike any 'natural' places in the ONE Universe.

OK, I get it now. You're just playin'. So, I'm slow sometimes. wink.gif
Zarkov
playin'.

???????

Ok what do U think LIFE is then ?
soundhertz
What do you think an infection is?
TheDoc
I'd gladly propose what I think Zarkov is, but I believe I've already done that.
philip347
correction note.The alien species is noted as being said, (Anu-knockie).A type or variation of tall upright walking space traveling bipedal reptile.
Older version, was quite intelligent.Engineered mankind on Earth as only one of his phases other than Atlantis and Mu.
am_Unition
QUOTE (Good Elf+May 17 2008, 01:35 AM)
Forget all the old paradigms and beliefs... Humans must be prepared for the next level of experience. "Aliens" may be that next "small step". If they can come here they will and would have.

Perhaps.

But when they get here, what would they do?

Have you ever tried preaching to a mound of fire ants? laugh.gif
Zarkov
Have you ever tried preaching to a mound of fire ants?

yes, all the time, LOL

Learning is a spiral, first round... dud
second to 1000th... mmmh

then ?click?

It all depends upon need... and when this Earth starts to freeze over... we shall see if the fire still rages

LOL

Aliens are not interested in landing as per
"The Day the Earth Stood Still" and saying LOOKIE HERE

LOL, thats Hollywood

No they are here, just like you, except they are tasked with the spread of specific "survival" knowledge.

Unfortunately no earthling will understand until their need is critical, for earthlings are particularly self-centred and arrogantly stupid

Just as earthlings flock to help people in disaster situations.... so "aliens" will extend help to doomed planets.

LOL... I never know exactly why

This Universe can do without these fire ants crawling on the face of this obscure rock, IMO... but.......
am_Unition
Can't say I completely discredit that idea, Zarkov.

Assuming that reality did/will/is happen(ing), I'd be interested to see what kind of people they targeted to establish contact with, and what their strategies were.

"Now boy howdy, you sure is an interestin' lookin' fella. Howdja get in mah office anywho?"
"MR.. BUSH. WAR. STOP. NOW. MOTHERSHIP. ANGRY."
"..We're gon' need security here... I needa dispatch ta oval office, ten four"
Sapo
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Excellent! Thank you.
Zarkov
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...tic-microb.html

>> n a unique experiment on a galactic scale, millions of bacterial spores have been purposely exposed to space, to see how solar radiation affects them and the results supported the idea that not only could life have arrived on Earth on meteorites, but that considerable material has flowed between planets.

Recent space-centric studies have shown that some rock-inhabiting organisms, known as "endoliths," might be able to survive a trip through space and a plunge through a planet's atmosphere to the surface. However, nobody knew whether these organisms could survive the initial trip into space.

The organisms used in the study included bacterial endospores, endolithic cyanobacteria and lichens. This selection provided a wider range of organisms than in other studies performed to date, including not just simple bacteria but also more complex eukaryotic organisms.

The researchers looked at previous studies of Martian meteorites that provided information about the kinds of forces needed to eject rocks from a large planet. Using this data, the researchers developed a series of tests designed to simulate these pressures on the selected organisms.

By smashing the life-containing rocks between metal plates, the researchers were able to determine which organisms are capable of surviving different pressures caused by asteroid impacts and ejection into space. Ultimately, they discovered that a wide range of organisms would be capable of surviving impacts on Mars or Earth.

"Our results enlarge the number of potential organisms that might be able to reseed a planetary surface after early very large impact events, and suggest that such a re-seeding scenario on a planetary surface is possible with diverse organisms," the researchers report.

To test if meteorites might protect bacteria on their journey through space, Horneck and her colleagues mixed samples of 50 million spores with particles of clay, red sandstone, Martian meteorite, or simulated Martian soil and made small lumps a centimeter in diameter. Between 10,000 and 100,000 spores of the original 50 million survived and when mixed with red sandstone, nearly all survived, suggesting that even meteorites a centimeter in diameter can carry life from one planet to another, if they completed the journey within a few years. In a rock a meter across, bacteria could probably survive for millions of years.

In a separate experiment, another team ran computer models of giant impacts like Chicxulub. In the simulations, millions of large boulders were ejected from the earth. About 30 boulders from each Earth impact even reached Titan, and they entered Titan’s atmosphere slower than most meteors hit Earth’s atmosphere. Big rocks from Earth have no doubt reached Enceladus, as well.

“That kind of entry should be no problem,” agreed Allan Treiman of the Lunar and Planetary Institute in Houston, quoted in New Scientist. Bacteria were found in wreckage of the shuttle Columbia when it re-entered Earth’s atmosphere in 2003. And Earthly lichen survived when exposed to the harsh environment of space. >>

Specific experiments to test whether LIFE can travel safely through space.... and the answer is a definite YES... of course

LIFE on Earth came from somewhere else.... it didn't evolve, it infected Earth for a purpose... to grow, flower and seed.

LIFE here has already seeded..... now what happens to flowers after seeding ?

Earthlings beware
Zarkov
All of a sudden earthlings have discovered the seeds of LIFE

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/200.../23/2253864.htm

>> Signs of life have been found at a record depth of 1.6 kilometres beneath the seabed, say researchers.

The findings could help in the search for extraterrestrial life but could also complicate plans to bury greenhouse gases deep beneath the seabed, which has long thought to be devoid of life.

"It's a very risky prospect just putting gases (CO2) into geological formations and not considering there could be a feedback response because of the organisms down there," he says.

The discovery of microbes in searing hot sediments under the Atlantic seabed off Newfoundland, Canada, doubles the previous depth record of 842 metres, say scientists in today's issue of the journal Science.

The microbes were found at 1,626 metres below the seafloor in cores of sediment 111 million years old and at temperatures of 60 to 100°Celsius, they say.

The newly-discovered microbes are prokaryotes, which means they lack the nuclei possessed by eukayrotes, or all animal and plant life.

Sediment beneath the seafloor is thought to contain as much as two thirds of all earth's prokaryotes.

After looking at the microbes' genetic material, Parks and colleagues found matches to sequences of some known heat-loving organisms, or thermophiles.

"This is the deepest, oldest and hottest marine sediments that prokaryotic life has been found in," says Parks.

"If there is a substantial subsurface biosphere on earth there could also be substantial biospheres on other planets," says Parks, estimating that such microbes could survive temperatures down to about 4 kilometres below the seabed on earth. >>>

and the report then shows the ignorance of modern anthropogenic thought

The presence of these microbes hints that life might also evolve underground on other planets, say the researchers.

LOL...
It is quite apparent that earthlings stick like glue to their fallacies, yes they are sooooooo special, LOL

Aliens have the same biochemistry as earthlings, so earthlings will never know how is who....

When the inhabitants of this Earth, explode their firecrackers, they send viable biological material throughout the galaxy..... the time factor from here to wherever germination occurs is immaterial... The only conditions required for germination is a rock not too far from a heat source.... from there H2O and O2 are eventually produced, the surface is detoxified for higher life forms to be expressed... and then its all down hill, seeding is underway.

You are not alone, and you are not special, in fact you are quite redundant.... now.
Zarkov
http://physorg.com/news131296402.html

>> Bdelloid rotifer.

bdelloids are exceptionally good at recovering from ionizing radiation, which shatters their DNA. The rotifers' talent for repairing DNA breaks may have evolved due to their desiccation-prone lifestyle. "The effects of radiation and desiccation may be quite similar and involve damage to chromosomal DNA as well as membranes," Arkhipova says.

QUOTE (->
bdelloids are exceptionally good at recovering from ionizing radiation, which shatters their DNA. The rotifers' talent for repairing DNA breaks may have evolved due to their desiccation-prone lifestyle. "The effects of radiation and desiccation may be quite similar and involve damage to chromosomal DNA as well as membranes," Arkhipova says.

could take the sex out of sexual reproduction, showing that bdelloid rotifers, all of which are female, can exchange genetic material via other means.

"Our result shows that genes can enter the genomes of bdelloid rotifers in a manner fundamentally different from that which, in other animals, results from the mating of males and females," says Matthew S. Meselson, Thomas Dudley Cabot Professor of the Natural Sciences in Harvard's Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

In essence, Meselson and colleagues say, bdelloids may acquire DNA by habitually disintegrating their genomes -- something these unusual animals do regularly during periods of desiccation, which fractures their genetic material and ruptures cellular membranes. Miraculously, bdelloids can then spring back to life upon rehydration of their habitats, readily reconstituting their genomes and their membranes.

In the process of rebuilding their shattered DNA, though, they may adopt shreds of genetic material from other bdelloids in the same puddle, as well as from unrelated species.

Meselson and co-authors Eugene A. Gladyshev and Irina R. Arkhipova believe the findings may solve the longstanding mystery of bdelloids' sexless ways, and may shed light on their ability to adapt to new environments.

"These fascinating animals not only have relaxed the barriers to incorporation of foreign genetic material, but, more surprisingly, they even managed to keep some of these alien genes functional," says Arkhipova, a staff scientist in Harvard's Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology.

http://physorg.com/news131290627.html

This is fantastic information.
Zarkov
http://physorg.com/news131259710.html

Life in outer space is an absolute certainty, and it is likely to be more familiar than we might think, according to an article in the May issue of Microbiology Today. Ever since the start of the space race we have sent more than just satellites and astronauts into space: spacecraft are not routinely decontaminated and are teeming with microbial life.

“Wherever man boldly goes his microbial fauna is sure to follow,” said Lewis Dartnell, an astrobiologist at University College London. The Russian space station Mir was launched in 1986 and microbial studies investigated the diversity of bacteria living alongside the astronauts.

In 1998, free-floating blobs of water found during a NASA mission to the station were analyzed and discovered to contain microbes including faecal bacteria like E. coli, plague bacterium-related species of Yersinia, and even what was suspected to be Legionella, as well as fungi, amoebae and protozoa.

“Preventing the spread of microbial life between worlds of the solar system has been a top priority for decades now,” said Lewis. “This effort is known as planetary protection.” Today’s International Space Station (ISS) is much cleaner than Mir was 20 years ago, thanks to HEPA filters, weekly cleaning and biweekly disinfecting regimes. But inevitably, the ISS is still far from being bug-free; recent sampling revealed the bacterium Staphylococcus epidermidis surviving in different areas.

But it’s not just planets we need to protect – astronauts are at increased risk of infection in space. Respiratory infections are common among astronauts and diseases occur in a quarter of space shuttle flights.

“Prolonged exposure to cosmic radiation and microgravity is believed to have a negative effect on the immune system, and disease transmission is enhanced within the closed environment of recycled air and water,” said Lewis Dartnell. Microbes also pose an increased risk of allergies, toxic air and water supply and even biodegradation of critical spacecraft components.

This week, the Phoenix lander touched down on Mars, hoping to take the first ever direct measurements of Martian water and organic molecules. “To guarantee the cleanliness of the robotic arm, it was enclosed in a biobarrier bag – effectively an interplanetary condom,” said Lewis. But this will not be a feasible control measure for humans.

“Humans and spaceships are inherently dirty and once we arrive to plant flags in the rusty soil our microbial entourage will begin leaking out onto Mars.” What’s more, microbes have an uncanny ability to survive as spores, resistant to heat, cold and radiation. “Once humans have visited Mars, we may never be certain that any biological discoveries weren’t simply signs of our own dirty sleeves,” said Lewis Dartnell.

In fact, we might actually need to take microbes on a manned mission to Mars. “For longer missions, it will not be possible to take sufficient supplies from Earth,” said Lewis. “Scientists are developing ingenious life support systems relying on plants and micro-organisms to provide food, waste recycling and water purification.”

Of course, in this case, an outbreak of harmful microbes could crash life support systems as well as affecting the health of the crew, endangering the whole mission. “For better or worse, space bugs are here to stay.”

Source: Society for General Microbiology

Microbiologists... my friends... are showing the way.
Teonanacatl
Ofcourse they are smile.gif There may even be ET's on earth indistuingishable from Humans. Not to mention the fact that earth is under constant surveillance and recieves daily visitations by an unknown number of ET species...

There are even Black Ops biological projects which has successfully cloned or manufactured humanoid/grey android-like beings which would appear to us as aliens... blink.gif
xtrmn8r
Teonanacatl

Ofcourse they are  There may even be ET's on earth indistuingishable from Humans. Not to mention the fact that earth is under constant surveillance and recieves daily visitations by an unknown number of ET species...

There are even Black Ops biological projects which has successfully cloned or manufactured humanoid/grey android-like beings which would appear to us as aliens...

I let you off the hook on the other thread on this subject but now I insist you provide citations for your comments. Scientific journals, government declarations, some verifiable documentation. Even a pseudoscience article that can be scrutinized would be preferable to just your unsubstantiated claims. Show me anything from which you draw your conclusions. von Däniken, Stichin, Mad magazine or Dear Abby...anything.
Teonanacatl
Show me anything from which you draw your conclusions. von Däniken, Stichin, Mad magazine or Dear Abby...anything.

The Disclosure Project and work done by Steven Greer for one;http://www.disclosureproject.org/ (Here you'll find transcripts of interviews from hundreds of highly profiled people incl. ex gov. and official employees, scientists, coroporate, military and intelligence witnesses and so on, and also released or "leaked" government documentation.

For practical reasons I'll just post this text from CSETI here as well, to give an indication of how the politcs arround this issue functions. This is as much a political issue as a scientific one...

http://www.cseti.org

UNACKOWLEDGED

BY STEVEN M. GREER, M.D. http://www.cseti.org

Can the government keep a secret?

A really big secret - the biggest of all time? When the peccadillos of every politician and government leader are prime time news, could the government hide from us the most astounding discovery in the history of the world - the existence of extraterrestrial life?

Well, yes - and no.

First, the concept of government must be redefined, because there exists the government of ‘we the people’, elected and appointed officials, public representatives, the executive, legislative and judicial branches, etc, etc, a la your standard junior high civics course.

But then, there is also the unacknowledged ‘government’: the ‘government’ of deep cover, deep black projects, contract agents and companies, and shadowy mid-level functionaries whose task it is to ensure that the government of ‘we the people’ knows little or nothing about the unacknowledged ‘government’.

The right hand does not know - or often want to know - what the left hand is doing....

But we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves now. First some background.

For nearly six years I have quietly researched how real secrecy is maintained, in the latter half of the twentieth century. What I have found is astonishing, and frankly unbelievable. What you are about to read is the truth - but I admit that I would not have believed it had someone told me this 3 years ago. You may want to read the rest of this article as if it were a fictional story. You may feel more comfortable looking at all of this from a distance. But let some part of you know that this is the truth.

This article is not about whether UFOs/ETs are real, or are visiting earth. Let’s get this out of the way first, since it is the easy part: UFOs are real; they are of extraterrestrial origin; they have been around for decades (if not centuries); there is no evidence that they are hostile; there is probably more than one type of life form visiting us; and aspects of the ‘government’ have known this for 50 years, at least.

The more difficult part of this subject is getting your mind around the fact that something this extraordinary is real, and yet remains somehow unreal, hidden, secret, enigmatic. That the official government - and the official keepers of truth in the media and science- have been deceived for this long is a tribute to the sophistication, depth, breadth and ubiquity of a secret program unparalleled in history.

Indeed, the story of how - and why - this deception has existed exceeds the extraterrestrial phenomenon itself in bizarreness, mystery and incredulity. In fact, it seems that the effectiveness of the secrecy is itself related to the stunning incredulity of the nature of the secrecy. Put another way, the whys, hows, and wherefores of these secret projects are so bizarre and unbelievable, that they provide their own best cover: no one would believe it even if they came upon it. It is absolutely over the top.

To be honest, my own first reaction to what you are about to read was, “yeah, right...”. But then confirmation after confirmation, and independent corroboration after independent corroboration convinced me of it. And then I was saying, “Oh God...”

Space here only permits me to share with you the highlights of 6 years of intense, behind-the -scenes research. Someday, I hope the entire story can be told, names and all, but for now allow me to paint for you a broad picture, and some of the details. This information comes from personal, private and exquisitely sensitive meetings and long discussions with very senior and relevant military, intelligence, political and private corporate sources. The search for truth regarding these secret projects has brought me to heads of state, royalty, CIA officials, NSA operatives, US and foreign military leaders, political leaders and high-tech corporate contractors. The process has been exhaustive, relentless and mind-blowing. Safety and prudence requires that I leave their names out of this for now; by the time you finish reading this, the reason will be obvious.

This phase in the CSETI project began in earnest in July of 1993, when a small group of military and civilian people involved with the UFO matter met at my request to discuss how to best liaison with the government and military. From an operational point of view, CSETI needed a senior point of contact (POC) within the chain of command who knew what we were doing to contact extraterrestrial civilizations. We wanted to ensure that our efforts were safe from intentional or unintentional military/intelligence/government interference. And we wanted to be clear that our effort should be regarded as a citizen’s-diplomacy effort and that a stand-down order should exist protecting us from any interference, in the US or abroad. In the previous year, CSETI had facilitated two near-landing events in England and Mexico, and we wanted to be sure, given these developments, that we could proceed with safety for both our teams and for the extraterrestrial visitors, whom we regard as our guests.

Over the following few months, members of our team had had discussions and briefings with a wide array of government, military, intelligence, political, international and private leaders around the world. What we learned seemed surreal, unimaginable and bizarre.

Beginning at least as early as World War II, we found that certain officials in the US government knew that we were not alone, that there were advanced machines flying around in certain regions of the WWII conflict which were not ours, and not theirs. A medical colleague and friend, whose relative was a celebrated WWII pilot, has told me that this pilot was sent to Europe by the president to figure out what these so-called ‘foo’ fighters were. He reported back to the president that they were extraterrestrial spacecraft.

From there on, it gets more and more strange. A retired general, who later became right hand man to a certain CIA director, told me this: That as a military officer in 1946, he was responsible for writing ‘non-responsive’ letters regarding a series of day time sightings of UFOs over Idaho. He said people knew the UFOs were real, but soon a Cold War was on, and later a few hot wars ensued, and everyone was concerned with global thermonuclear war- so who had time to worry about these enigmatic but harmless ETs.

Who indeed.

Multiple new, independently corroborating witnesses told us of the crash and retrieval of ET spacecraft in 1947 in New Mexico and in 1948 in Kingman Arizona. Now THIS really got someone’s attention, and the name of the game was, henceforth, ADVANCED EXTRATERRESTRIAL TECHNOLOGY. How does it work; what can it be used for; how will they use it; what if the Soviets figure it out before we do; what if it leaks out and some new Hitler uses it to dominate the world; what if people panic when they learn of it; what....

And a million more questions, at the time all unanswered.

And thus was born the secret project of the millennium.

After all, at the time, we were working on the development of the hydrogen bomb - and our arch-enemy the Soviets were hot on our tail. What could be more destabilizing to an already fragile world order than the introduction of inter-stellar propulsion technology to a world of vacuum tubes and internal combustion engines? To say we were facing a quantum leap in technological capability is an understatement. And we wanted it safely for ourselves.

So, ‘National Security’ demanded that this entire matter be kept quiet at all costs. And no cost was spared in doing so.

But there was one very large and busy fly in this ointment: The ETs were flying, sometimes in formation, with thousands of witnesses, over the skies of America, and the rest of the world. Now, how do you hide that?

The mind hides it. In an Orwellian twist, it was found from past psychological warfare efforts during WWII that, indeed, if you tell a lie often enough, especially if told by ‘respected’ authority figures, the people will believe it. It appears that one of the masters of psychological warfare during WWII was put in charge of this in the late 1940s. General Walter Bedell Smith helped coordinate the psychological warfare components of this problem, and helped launch the big lie: UFOs, even though millions have seen them, do not exist.

For every sighting which made its way into public awareness, there would be official denial and, worse, ridicule of the event and the observers. Harvard Astronomer Donald Menzel was trotted out to tell the world that it was all hysteria, that UFOs were not real, that it was all poppycock.

So well into the 1950s, a relatively small group of people knew the truth, and kept the truth to themselves. When an event occurred which got the media’s attention, authority figures would deny and ridicule it. Since humans are generally insecure social creatures, and more like lemmings that we would like to admit, it became clear that if you wanted to avoid embarrassment, ridicule and social estrangement, you kept quiet about UFOs, even if you had seen one up close and personal. Add to this the active encouragement of wacky stories and bizarre tall tales within the civilian UFO subculture, aided by the naturally occurring level of crazies and crack-pots in society generally and, well, you get the picture. Any respectable person - and especially the ‘respectable’ media, scientists and political leaders- would have to view this as the ‘topic non grata’ to avoid.

(Having gone through what I have in the past 6 years, I really can’t say I blame them...)

But this is all very conventional stuff, really. The bizarre twists began in the 1950s, when a new model for covert projects evolved; a Frankenstein was created, but now it has gotten a will of its own, has gotten up off the table, breaking all restraints, and is moving around amongst us.

In late 1993 and into 1994, 1995 and 1996, from one meeting to another, a shocking truth emerged. Somehow on the way to the 90s, something awful had happened: The entire matter had been largely privatized, was 10 levels deep black and was operating outside the constitutional chain of command of the US or any other government. Now, I know what you are thinking - I thought the same at first - but hear me out.

Within a few months of that initial meeting in July of 1993, I and of the CIA, Congress, the Clinton Administration, the UN, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the military in England and elsewhere. Our initial logic was first to make the case to these folks that since the Cold War was over, a window of opportunity had opened through which a major disclosure on this matter could be made. The time had come to return this matter to the international community. Right? Wrong! Virtually without exception, leaders in the military, intelligence fields, politics and national security areas agreed that the time had come for the truth to be told.

Problem is, they had no access to the truth, or the data, or the cases, or the technology or the deceased ET bodies in storage (yes we know where they are and it is not Wright Patterson Air Force Base any longer). Those who I thought would be in the loop were out, and the ones running the show were a strange combination of covert operatives and private corporate interests. From then on it was through the looking glass we go.

My ancestors fought in the American Revolution in North Carolina. They fought for the establishment of a constitutional, representative form of government; now I wondered what had happened to the constitution. Like a very bad dream, I kept hoping to awaken to find it was not true. How could I share this with others? Who would believe it? It was bad enough for a doctor in NC to maintain that we were being visited by advanced extraterrestrial life forms, but this?

I asked a friend who was on the staff of President Reagan’s National Security Council how this could be true. How could some of the most powerful people in the world - in government, in the military, the senior intelligence and national security areas - not only not know about this, but have NO ACCESS to this information? I asked him if we let the President know exactly who out there really does know about this and he called them into the Oval Office and said, “I am the President of the United States and I want you to tell me everything you know about this matter”, what would they do?

He laughed and said, “Steve, if they don’t want the President to know, they will simply lie to the president and say no such thing exists. It’s done all the time....” I was stunned by the cynicism of this, and by the clear breech in constitutional law.

Under the ruse of ‘plausible deniability’ to ‘protect’ senior government officials, this apparently is done in certain sensitive areas, and the UFO matter is the most sensitive of all.

In a meeting with a very senior leader in the intelligence community, whose position any one in the public would assume allowed him to know every bit of important secret information, I discovered that, even though this official knew the matter was real, that the UFOs were real, he had no access to either past or current information or projects dealing with the ET subject. Again, I was stunned.

Ditto for very senior Senate investigators with subpoena power and top secret clearance. Ditto for people at the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Ditto for senior UN people. Ditto for senior Ministry of Defense officials in Great Britain. Ditto for heads of state.

And so it went, on and on. No deception this; these meetings were arranged by personal, back-door contacts and friends. Ironically, these leaders were turning to us for information, analysis and, strangely, action, to get this secret mess fixed. My pointing out that I am only a country doctor from North Carolina, with a wife, four kids, a minivan and a golden retriever did not change this reality. So in my ‘spare’ time, I have done what I could.

UNACKNOWLEDGED SPECIAL ACCESS PROJECTS. USAPS. This term - concept, really - took some time to take hold. Call me naive, but I really believe in democracy and the constitution, the office of the president, the importance of a congress and so on. But such quaint notions at some point had to be assimilated in my mind and reconciled with this new reality: That the president, and congress and the courts and the UN and all the other world leaders exist. They worry about taxes, money, programs of this sort or another. But the really big stuff - leave them out of it. After all, these people come and go every 2 or 4 years. What they don’t know won’t hurt them; besides, we’re doing them a favor by keeping them innocent of any knowledge of these secret projects. At any rate, these projects are UNACKNOWLEDGED, and they don’t really exist at all....

In working with people on the inside of these projects, you must understand that I had to endure a very steep learning curve. Having never been in the military, the government or the intelligence field, this was all new to me. Please understand that I cannot betray the confidence of those who risked so much to share this information with me. People have been killed - and recently - for less, much less.

What is a USAP? It is a top secret, compartmentalized project requiring special access even for those with a top secret clearance, AND it is unacknowledged. This means that if someone -anyone- including your superiors, including the commander and chief, the president, asks you about it, you reply that no such project exists. You lie.

People in these USAPS are dead serious about keeping their project secret, and will do nearly anything to keep the story covered, and to keep both other officials and the public disinformed.

And the grand daddy of all USAPS is the UFO/ET matter.

Remember that a top secret Canadian document written by Wilbur Smith in 1950 stated that he had found that a secret US group was working on the UFO matter, including the technology behind the UFOs, and that this was the most secret undertaking in the US government, exceeding even the secrecy surrounding the development of the H-bomb.

Now imagine if you will, this project 50 years later. A lot of water has gone beneath the bridge. There has been 50 years and countless billions spent on various aspects of the project: reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology to figure out how it works; experiments with non-linear propulsion and communications systems; massive public disinformation efforts and the deceit of constitutionally elected and appointed officials and bodies; and more.

Add to this active disinformation - the hoaxing or simulation of false ET events, to deceive the public and serve as decoys, thus taking peoples’ attention away from the real action. Abductions. Mutilations. Hybrid babies floating in space and in underground bases. Secret pacts between one-world -government forces and the sinister aliens. And so forth ad nauseam.

Tragically, the tabloid media, book publishers, the UFO subculture/industry and the general public eat this stuff up by the gallon measure.

Not only does this nonsense serve as effective decoys to the unfunded and unprofessional civilian UFO subculture, it creates the patina of craziness and tawdriness needed to keep ‘respectable’ scientists, mainstream media and public officials silent. It keeps the whole matter safely off their radar screens.

From the mid 1940s to the mid to late 1950s, as these matters go, this secret group was somewhat conventional. A number of officials in the Truman and Eisenhower administrations knew about it and were involved. It was genuinely felt to be imperative to the national security that this matter be kept quiet for a while. And I believe they were acting in good faith, and within the reasonable limits of our constitutional democracy.

But apparently sometime in the mid to late Eisenhower years, a pattern developed where those who legally should be in the loop were shoved out. We have more than one corroborating source that this was the case in the late Eisenhower years and the Kennedy Administration.

First hand witnesses have told us that Eisenhower was furious that he was being kept in the dark about a number of important aspects of the UFO/ET matter. He had seen the ET spacecraft and bodies, and yet he found that extraordinary projects were under way, and he was out of the loop. Is it any wonder then that, notwithstanding the fact that he was a 5 star general and conservative Republican, he warned of the “military-industrial complex” in his last address to the nation as president? People forget that it was this 5 star general - and not Abby Hoffman - who coined the term military- industrial complex, first warning us of the dangers of its excesses. Why? Because he had seen those excesses up close and personal.

Fast forward to June of 1963. Kennedy is flying to Berlin to deliver his famous speech proclaiming “I am a Berliner”. On board Air Force One is a military man who relates the following: Kennedy, on the long flight, at one point began discussing the UFO matter with this military officer. He admitted that he knew the UFOs were real, had seen the evidence, but then astonished the officer by stating that “the whole matter is out of my hands, and I don’t know why...”. Kennedy said that he wanted the truth to come out, but that he couldn’t do it. And this is the President of the United States, the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, stating that the matter is out of his hands, and he doesn’t know why. I wonder if he found out before he was killed later that year.

Eisenhower, Kennedy, Clinton Administration figures, military leaders, intelligence leaders, foreign leaders. All out of the loop. But all know its real. What is going on?

USAPS is only part of the story. The smaller part. Remember Eisenhower warning of the military-industrial complex? Operative word: industrial, private, privatized. In discussing this matter with a former head of the Ministry of Defense in Great Britain in July of 1995, I found that he was similarly kept out of the loop. We found once again that the really secret stuff was kept from even a man who was head of MI5 and the MoD. The answer existed in part with USAPS, but more largely with private contract entities.

The US government builds almost nothing (thank goodness...). The B2 Stealth bomber is not built by the US government, but FOR the US government by private industry. And private industry keeps secrets even better than USAPS. It makes sense: after all these years no body knows the formula for Coca Cola. Not even the President of the United States can get it. The formula is secret, and private.

Now if you will, combine the proprietary power of private secrets with a combined liaison with USAPS and you build a covert fortress which is virtually impenetrable. Because if you try to get at it through the private sector, it is protected by proprietary privilege. And if you try to get to it through the public sector - government - it is hidden in USAPS, and the ‘government’ as you and I ordinarily think of it is clueless.

And from personal experience I can tell you that if you inform the leaders of this, they will hold their heads in their hands and say, as I once did, “Oh my God...” So, what is the essential profile of this covert operation? Below is my current assessment, based on the degree of penetration and research as of the spring of 1996:

Last code name related to me by reliable sources: PI-40

Meaning of code name: Unknown

Description: PI-40 is a quasi-governmental, USAPS related, quasi-private entity operating internationally/transnationally. The majority of operations are centered in private industrial ‘work for others’ contract projects related to the understanding and application of advanced extraterrestrial technologies. Related compartmentalized units, which are also USAPS, are involved in disinformation, public deception, active disinformation, so-called abductions and mutilations, reconnaissance and UFO tracking, space-based weapons systems, and specialized liaison groups (for example to media, political leaders, the scientific community, the corporate world etc). Think of this entity as a hybrid between government USAPS and private industry.

PI-40 consists primarily of mid-level USAPS-related military and intelligence operatives, USAPS or black units within certain high-tech corporate entities, and select liaisons within the international policy analysis community, certain religious groups, the scientific community and the media, among others. The identities of some of these entities and individuals are known to us, though most remain unidentified.

Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 or those comprising the decision-making body of PI-40 are now in favor of a public disclosure of some type on this matter; these are, in general, the younger members who have less complicity in past excesses. The remaining members are opposed or ambivalent regarding a near-term disclosure.

Actual policy and decision-making seems to rest predominantly at this time in the private, civilian sector, as opposed to USAP-related military and intelligence officials, though some information indicates that there is significant relative autonomy in certain areas of operations. It is our current assessment that a rising degree of debate exists within PI-40 regarding certain covert operations and the advisability of a disclosure.

Many compartmentalized operations within ‘black’ or USAPS projects are structured so that those working on the task may be unaware that it is UFO/ET related. For example, some aspects of the so-called ‘Star Wars’ effort, or SDI, are intended to target extraterrestrial spacecraft which come into close proximity to earth, but the vast majority of scientists and workers in the SDI program are unaware of this.

We have learned from three separate, corroborating sources that since the early 1990s, at least 2 extraterrestrial spacecraft have been targeted and destroyed by experimental space-based weapons systems.

The vast majority of political leaders, including White House officials, military leaders, congressional leaders, UN leaders and other world leaders are not routinely briefed on this matter. When and if inquiries are made, they are told nothing about the operations, nor is the existence of any operation confirmed to them. In general the nature of this covert entity ensures that such leaders do not even know to whom such inquiries should be addressed. International cooperation exists to a wide extent, though some witnesses state that certain countries, particularly China, have aggressively pursued somewhat independent agendas.

Major bases of operations, apart from widely diversified private sites, include Edwards Air Force Base in California, Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, particularly S4 and adjacent facilities, Los Alamos New Mexico, Fort Huachuca Arizona (Army Intelligence Headquarters), the Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, and a relatively new, expanding underground facility accessible only by air in a remote area of Utah, among others. Additional facilities and operations centers exist in a number of other countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, and Russia. Numerous agencies have deep cover, black, USAPS related units involved with these operations, including the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the National Security Agency (NSA), the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), Naval Intelligence, Army Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, the FBI, and others. An even more extensive list of private, civilian and corporate entities have significant involvement. The majority of scientific, technical and advanced technology operations are centered in the civilian industrial and research firms. Significant - and lethal - security is provided by private contractors.

The majority of personnel as well as the leadership of most if not all of these agencies and private groups are uninvolved and unaware of these compartmentalized, unacknowledged operations. For this reason, sweeping accusations related to any particular agency or corporate entity are wholly unwarranted. ‘Plausible deniability ‘ exists at many levels. Moreover, specialization and compartmentalization allows a number of operations to exist without those involved knowing that their task is related to the UFO/ET subject.

Both positive inducements to cooperate and penalties for violating secrecy are extraordinary. A senior military source has related to us that at least 10,000 people have received $1 million or more each to ensure their cooperation, over the past few decades. Regarding penalties, we know of more than one credible case where individuals have had their families threatened should they break the code of silence, and we have learned of two recent alleged ‘suicides’ at a private contract industrial firm which occurred after the victims began to violate secrecy on a reverse-engineering project related to ET technology.

Funding: A senior congressional investigator has privately related to us that ‘black budget’ funds apparently are used for this and similar operations, which are USAPS. This ‘black budget’ involves conservatively $10 billion, and may exceed $80 billion per year. The amount dedicated to the UFO/ET operation specifically is unknown at this time. Additionally, significant funds are derived from overseas sources and private and institutional sources. Amounts deriving from these activities are also unknown by us.

This is part of what we know at this time. Obviously, there are more questions than answers here, and what is unknown exceeds what is known. Nevertheless, we have, I believe, made significant and historic advances in understanding how this entity operates. I have presented this general assessment to a number of important military, political and policy institute figures, and was surprised that it was regarded as quite accurate and in agreement with independent assessments arrived at separately by them.

But the larger question is why? As in life in general, the whats, whos and hows are always easier than the whys. Why the continued secrecy and deception?

I am reluctant to go too much further out on this limb, because here we get into questions related to ultimate motive and purpose, which is always a rather squishy area, ill-defined in the best of cases. And this, I am afraid, is no ordinary matter, and the emotions, motives and purpose behind such extraordinary and high-stakes actions are likely complex and dissonant. Indeed, such motives are likely a very mixed bag, ranging from the initially noble and well-intentioned, to the depraved.

Sen. Barry Goldwater told me in 1994 that the secrecy surrounding the ET subject was “a damn mistake then and a damn mistake now...”. I am inclined to agree with the senator here, but the drive for secrecy was not and is not altogether rooted in stupidity. Rather, I see it rooted in fear and a lack of trust.

While I generally dislike psycho-babble, I believe the psychology of all of this is important. It is my belief that secrecy, especially extreme secrecy of this degree, is always a symptom of illness. If you have secrets in your family, it is a sickness, born out of fear, insecurity and distrust. This, I feel, can be extended to communities, companies, and societies. Ultimately, the drive for secrecy is a symptom of a deeper malaise derived from a fundamental lack of trust, and an abundance of fear and insecurity.

In the case of UFOs/ET, the early days of the 1940s and 1950s were, I sense, a time of fear bordering on panic. We had just emerged from a devastating world war, and unleashed the horror of nuclear weapons. The USSR was expanding its empire, and arming itself to the teeth with bigger and deadlier nuclear weapons. And they were beating us in the race into space.

Now along come extraterrestrial spacecraft, which are retrieved along with deceased (and one living) life form. Panic. Fear. Confusion. Countless unanswered questions arise, all tinged with fear.

Why are they here? How will the public react? How can we secure their technology - and keep it from our mortal enemies? How can we tell the people that the most powerful air force in the world cannot control its airspace? What will happen to religious belief? To the Economic order? To Political stability? To the keepers of current technology? To....

It is my opinion that the early days of secrecy were predictable, even understandable, and possibly even justifiable.

But as the decades rolled by, and especially with the end of the Cold War, fear alone does not fully explain the secrecy. After all, 1996 is not 1946 - we have been to space, landed on the moon, detected planets around other star systems, found the building blocks of life in far-away space, and about 50% of the population believe the UFOs are real. And the Soviet empire has collapsed.

I believe two other significant factors are at play now: Greed and control, and the inertia of decades of secrecy. Greed and control are easily understood: Imagine being involved with a project unraveling and then applying advanced extraterrestrial technology. The power and economic impact – and thus value - of such technology exceeds the combined significance of the internal combustion engine, electricity, the computer chip and all forms of telecommunications. We are talking about the technology of the next millennium. You think the computer/information age revolution is big? Fasten your seat belts, because down the road - sooner or later - will be the non-linear, zero point technological revolutions based on advanced ET technologies.

No wonder the corporate, military-industrial complex interest and secrecy exceeds even that of the government related USAPS. The formula for Coca Cola has nothing on this.

The bureaucratic inertia of large secret operations is yet another matter. After decades of operations, and of lies, public deceptions and worse, how does such a group unravel all the webs it has weaved? There is a certain addictive allure to secret power for some types of people; they are charged by having and knowing secrets. And there is the specter of a sort of cosmic Watergate, with all manner of people calling for this head or that. It becomes easier to maintain the status quo, something all bureaucracies are adept at doing.

And even now there is fear. Not just fear of being exposed in the age of Watergate, this -gate and that-gate, but a rather xenophobic and primitive fear of the unknown. Who are these humanoids, why are they here; how dare they enter our airspace without our permission! Humanity has a long tradition of fearing - and hating - that which is different, unknown, from elsewhere. Witness the still-rampant racial, ethnic, religious, and nationalistic prejudice and hatred which ravage the world of humanity. There is an almost ingrained xenophobic response to the unknown and that which is different. And it is certain that the ETs are more different from us than, say, Protestants are from Catholics in Ireland.

I once asked a physicist involved with military and intelligence operations related to UFOs why we were attempting to destroy these spacecraft with advanced space-based weapons. He immediately became agitated and said, “Those cowboys running this thing are so arrogant, so out of control, that they view any entry by a UFO into our air space as an offense worthy of a hostile response. And they are going to get us into an inter-planetary conflict if we are not careful...” And so it goes. Fear. Fear of the unknown. Greed and control. Institutional Inertia. These are a few of what I see as the current animating forces driving the continue secrecy of PI-40.

But where to from here? How to transform this situation from extreme secrecy to disclosure?

There is an old Chinese proverb which says, “Unless we change directions, we are likely to end up where we are going.” How true. And where we are going in this area is immensely dangerous. Extreme secrecy, especially on something this far-reaching and important, undermines democracy, subverts the constitution, concentrates enormous technological power in the hands of the unelected few and puts the entire planet in harms way. This must end.

CSETI Project Starlight has been working for nearly 3 years to collect evidence, identify current and former government, military, intelligence and corporate witnesses, and brief various world leaders. Much has been accomplished, with no paid staff, no significant funding and the dedication and volunteer efforts of a persistent team. But much remains to be done. Here is a partial list: In June of 1995, we convened a meeting of important military and government witnesses from the US and Russia, and we all signed a letter asking President Clinton to issue an executive order permitting such witnesses to speak without penalty or retribution. I suggest that the Administration, in cooperation with Congress, sponsor open hearings where these witnesses, who now number over 2 dozen, could openly testify to what they know about the UFO/ET matter. This would constitute a definitive disclosure, I assure you. In this regard, you can help in two ways: 1) Write the President and ask that he issue an executive order permitting these witnesses to safely come forward, and at the same time write your Senator and Congressman and request that they sponsor open hearings where these witnesses may speak. 2) Contact me immediately if you or someone you know may be a current or former government, military or corporate witness. We have protective measures in place, and the more witnesses we have, the stronger the case - and the greater the margin of safety for all concerned. Please help us if you can.

The international community and the United Nations should similarly hold open hearings on this matter. We have witnesses from all over the world, and ideally, an international disclosure and evidence gathering effort should begin immediately.

The world community should not sit by passively, thus abdicating responsibility to secret operations. CSETI has for 5 years been involved in a citizen’s diplomacy effort, and made significant breakthroughs in developing protocols to contact these extraterrestrial visitors. Rather than passively watching this as some distant ‘phenomenon’, we should attempt to establish communication with these life forms, and begin the early stages of an open inter-planetary relationship. If you are interested in learning more about how you can be involved in such a research and diplomacy effort, contact us.

Lastly, we must be prepared to forgive. There is nothing to be gained by calling for severe retribution for those involved with either current or past secrecy. Many may have felt they were doing the right thing at the time, and even currently. We do not need a cosmic Watergate, and we must collectively renounce it. We should be willing to look to the moment and to the future, and forgive the past. There is precedent for this: In the early days of the Clinton Administration, there were sweeping disclosures about past excesses and crazy experiments within the Department of Energy, and the former Atomic Energy Commission. We learned of plutonium being put on the oatmeal of kids in orphanages, of deliberate radiation releases in populated areas to see ‘what would happen’, and so forth. This truth came out, and the world did not end. Nobody had to go to jail. The government did not collapse, and the sky did not fall. Let us move forward, with some real compassion and forgiveness, and begin the next century anew.

Ultimately, if the people will lead, the leaders will follow. Courage, vision and perseverance are needed to transform this situation, and create a time of openness, trust and to lay the foundation for both global and inter-planetary peace. If our leaders currently lack this courage and vision, then we must manifest it for them. The stakes are too high to look the other way while our future is stolen from us. The future of life on earth, and our place in the cosmos, are at risk. Together, let us work to secure it, for our children and our children’s children.

Steven M. Greer M.D.
Director of CSETI
xtrmn8r
Teonanacatl,

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

This entire article makes claims and cites unidentified sources, much the same as you do. There is no evidence to support the claims and he even admits "...they had no access to the truth, or the data, or the cases, or the technology or the deceased ET bodies in storage...". This doesn't leave us with any evidence to support the conspiracy.

In addition to the Disclosure Project, Greer hosts 'Ambassador to the Universe' and 'Cosmic Consciousness' training sessions at his ranch. Influenced by Transcendental Meditation, Greer promises to teach mediation techniques that allow attendees to 'psychically contact aliens' and summon aliens and their craft at will. The cost for these programs is $995, including mandatory purchases of various books by Greer. Neither Greer nor any of his students have produced evidence of success. Although Greer claims to have photo and video evidence of summoned aliens, he has not provided these for public examination.

{emphasis mine}

This guy is a charlatan out to make a buck. I do appreciate that you are able to provide source material. Try again, you may find something that is not so easily debunked......Maybe.... smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_M._Greer
Teonanacatl
This guy is a charlatan out to make a buck. I do appreciate that you are able to provide source material. Try again, you may find something that is not so easily debunked......Maybe.... smile.gif

Your government takes like 30% of your money every month, and you obviously believe them don't you? Not to mention the taxation imposed on you through artificially increased oil prices, hehe , but that's a different story tongue.gif (source: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=38...JofcjAKOp_XvCQ)

Steven Greer isn't the one to be questioned here.. The witnesses gathered in The Disclosure Project are impeccable and all have their credentials checked (although ALL people can be criticiced, and ALL claims refuted - there's nothing impressive about that.. but nothing scientific either) If all these people are crazy loons, we should immediately launch an investigation to find out who's hiring these ppl. in the most trusted positions of our society... either way; somthin's fishy dry.gif

examples of witnesses not so easily debunked:

Astronauts

Buzz Aldrin:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI&fea...EF24CEA&index=0

Gordon Cooper
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dvPR8T1o3Dc&fea...EF24CEA&index=6

Edgar Mitchell
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1fTLzrIU_BU&fea...EF24CEA&index=8

Pavel Popovitch
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G3Rbap8Zm3Y&fea...EF24CEA&index=7

Pete Conrad/Nick Gordon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KetFUPgo1KU...F24CEA&index=58

Neil Armstrong (after being threatened to silence huh.gif )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUx1SURbb3g...F24CEA&index=36

Governor of Arizona:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLUAhVkGmj0&fea...EF24CEA&index=1

Mexican Defence Department:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uDOOZ_IPb6Y&fea...EF24CEA&index=2

Former White House Chief of Staff:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNsFTOEtjn8&fea...F24CEA&index=10

Captain Ray Bowyer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCtdOyGNIrg&fea...F24CEA&index=15

...and thousands & thousands of other pilots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYGhDqwWXc...F24CEA&index=30

Former Defence Minister of Canada:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pvk4dxfjDs&fea...F24CEA&index=24

(Washington Press Conference):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDblT-j70M...EF24CEA&index=3

Typical Disclosure Project witnesses (ex high-ranking military/ air force personnel)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F2YKJuBfpEY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3CPn_g3_xjo&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TledLKafWdM&feature=related
xtrmn8r
Teonanacatl,

Steven Greer isn't the one to be questioned here...

You trotted him out, you defend him.

QUOTE (->
Steven Greer isn't the one to be questioned here...

You trotted him out, you defend him.

The witnesses gathered in The Disclosure Project are impeccable and all have their credentials checked...

He discloses nothing in that article, his witnesses are ambiguous references to unnamed persons and shadow governments. All of which is uncorroborated and unsupported conspiracy theories, he says nothing of substance.

From the article:
But then, there is also the unacknowledged ‘government’: the ‘government’ of deep cover, deep black projects, contract agents and companies, and shadowy mid-level functionaries whose task it is to ensure that the government of ‘we the people’ knows little or nothing about the unacknowledged ‘government’.

As for your links to assorted astronauts, officials and public figures, I refer you to my post in another thread in which I said the stature of an eye witness is meaningless. Unidentified is unidentified whether you're a bum or a president. One just gets more attention from the press than the other.

QUOTE (->

As for your links to assorted astronauts, officials and public figures, I refer you to my post in another thread in which I said the stature of an eye witness is meaningless. Unidentified is unidentified whether you're a bum or a president. One just gets more attention from the press than the other.

If all these people are crazy loons, we should immediately launch an investigation to find out who's hiring these ppl. in the most trusted positions of our society...

I trust "these people" to do the job for which they are trained, hired, elected or placed into the positions for which they are qualified, I would not trust them to perform brain surgery, repair my car or explain the existence of aliens.

One more time, there is nothing empirical here, nothing concrete. Try getting away from what people say and look for things that are real, in existence, physical and substantive. Let's discuss some things that are REALLY inexplicable. I'll even do some homework for you, try this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://www.crystalinks.com/antikythera.html
aarons
we aarons deposited many elements into your galaxy light years ago, you are aliens like us and like moths
aarons
forgive us. moths are organic matter found on various other "rocks"

highly intelligent but lazy
xtrmn8r
aarons

And your point would be...? I know better than to reply to this but I've one too many beers and can't resist.
TheDoc
QUOTE (aarons+Jun 2 2008, 12:16 AM)

why do aliens think we are so gullible

not very intelligent if you ask me

maybe aarons can show the way
aarons
my point?

we have no point

we are simply adding our knowledge
xtrmn8r
my point?

we have no point

we are simply adding our knowledge

You add nothing.
aarons
is there something u would like us to add
xtrmn8r
No. I'm done.
aarons
you humans
we will return in 11 days
we are from the quadralex universe
10192 light years from your own
Sinister Utopia
QUOTE (aarons+Jun 2 2008, 01:02 AM)
you humans
we will return in 11 days
we are from the quadralex universe
10192 light years from your own

I'll race ya
Teonanacatl
One more time, there is nothing empirical here, nothing concrete. Try getting away from what people say and look for things that are real, in existence, physical and substantive.

Hehehe... Sure! But one day you'll be surprised to find that certain things may be real even if unproven.

Many of the crafts observed here are hundreds of meters wide, or even thousands. Many of these cases are corroborated by ground radar recordings as well, or video or footage or by tens or thousands of other witnesses. But, off course, that can be fake and no one can be trusted...or they could've seen some unidentified super-strange weather phenomena or one of those hyper-advanced military balloon projects!

In my experience its not so much about "hard evidence" than personal psychological acceptance, which I know many people struggle with...I suspect there might be a certain amount of subconscious fear of this, perhaps because of its far reaching and somewhat disturbing implications... maybe that's why most people twitch involuntarily when discussing it.

...sadly I can't give you a piece of mysterious metal or an innocent ET...if I could we wouldn't be having this discussion.
So no matter what I'll say, I can be refuted, ridiculed an denied...that's easy tongue.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM biggrin.gif
MjolnirPants
QUOTE (Teonanacatl+Jun 2 2008, 06:34 AM)
Many of the crafts observed here are hundreds of meters wide, or even thousands. Many of these cases are corroborated by ground radar recordings as well, or video or footage or by tens or thousands of other witnesses. But, off course, that can be fake and no one can be trusted...or they could've seen some unidentified super-strange weather phenomena or one of those hyper-advanced military balloon projects!

Project Blue Book
Identified Flying Objects
SETI
GEPAN/SEPRA
Condon Comittee
NICAP
CUFOS

I already pointed this out to ya, son.
All o them came to the same conclusion:
There ain't evidence that UFO's is alien spaceships.

In my experience its not so much about "hard evidence" than personal psychological acceptance, which I know many people struggle with...I suspect there might be a certain amount of subconscious fear of this, perhaps because of its far reaching and somewhat disturbing implications... maybe that's why most people twitch involuntarily when discussing it.

Well, that says a whole bunch, don't it?
There's a reason there ain't no hard evidence.

QUOTE (->

Well, that says a whole bunch, don't it?
There's a reason there ain't no hard evidence.

...sadly I can't give you a piece of mysterious metal or an innocent ET...if I could we wouldn't be having this discussion.
So no matter what I'll say, I can be refuted, ridiculed an denied...that's easy

Hell yeah it's easy! What ain't easy is you tryin to prove yer case. You can believe whatever you want to, but tryin to argue it here ain't gonna do ya no good, it'll jes make ya look like a fool.

midwestern
Zarkov can spin with the best. biggrin.gif
xtrmn8r
Teonanacatl,

MjolnirPants pretty much sums it up, he's exactly right. I was where you are once on this issue, pre-xian history, ancient astronaut theories and archeology all fascinate me to no end, but the more I looked the less I found to tie ET into. I tried to give you something to hang your hat on and you ignored it. I've done the homework on this subject and found many things that can not be readily explained, but not one of them could not have been made here by the artisans of the time. Stop listening to people who talk but say nothing and open your eyes, keep searching and you'll be where I am some day.

Come back when you've done some research and have questions about things that are real and substantive. Google is a wonderful tool, try this link and ask it questions;

http://www.powerset.com/
Zarkov
Stop listening to people who talk but say nothing and open your eyes, keep searching

great advice... the buck stops with you
and if you can eventually get it right, you can die happpppy !!!???
midwestern
Typical Zarkov. An insult after unproven speak. rolleyes.gif
Zarkov
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7465041.stm

>> A police helicopter crew has spotted what is described as an unusual aircraft in the Vale of Glamorgan.

The helicopter was above St Athan, which is home to an RAF base and close to Cardiff International Airport.

But three-man crew could not capture any images before the object vanished over the Bristol Channel on 8 June.

South Wales Police said the helicopter did not give chase and described the crew as very experienced. The sighting has been reported for investigation.

The police Eurocopter, an EC135T21, was hovering in the sky at 1240BST above the base, waiting to land.

A police spokesperson said: "The crew are very experienced and responded in a professional manner in relation to what they saw.

"In today's skies, there are a wide variety of aircrafts which come in a range of different shapes and sizes and in all probability, this sighting has just confirmed that one of these was in the area at the relevant time," the spokesperson added.

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said it had heard nothing about the incident.

"But it is certainly not advisable for police helicopters to go chasing what they think are UFOs," the spokesperson said.

Cardiff International Airport said air traffic control provided a service to the police helicopter to ensure it had appropriate air space, including allowing it space to return to RAF St Athan to refuel. >>>

excaza
Maybe they can take you away and we don't have to read your bullsh*t anymore
Zarkov
take you away

LOL, if you only knew

This planet will be a hell-hole in the very near future... I will leave then

but not until gum leaves

LOL
midwestern
Believe no one? How about nobody, but everybody else other than you. tongue.gif Good grief, your giving me the heebee geebees. dry.gif sad.gif biggrin.gif
Bringer-of-Light
There is no way that aliens exist. If they did we would know. Don't you think the Bible would have made mention of something that important? The stars and space were put there so we would have somewhere to go in the future if we so choose.
TheDoc
QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light+)
There is no way that aliens exist. If they did we would know.

The Earth is only one planet in the Milky Way, which is only one galaxy in a local cluster of several galaxies, that's only one cluster of several million other clusters.

Getting the idea now?

Don't you think the Bible would have made mention of something that important?

Computers, cars, office buildings, hamburgers, Tom Cruise, global warming, global cooling, transfat-free foods, gasoline, football, illegal immigrants from Mexico, table lamps, movies, novels by Agatha Christie, motorcycles, Newtonian mechanics and coyotes aren't mentioned in the Bible either. Does that make them any less important?

Bringer-of-Light
Newton was a fraud and Tom Cruse isn't very important. Agatha Christe? Why don't you try showing me something thats actually IMPORTANT that the Bible doesn't mention?
TheDoc
QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light+)
Why don't you try showing me something thats actually IMPORTANT that the Bible doesn't mention?

QUOTE (TheDoc+)
Computers, cars, office buildings, hamburgers, Tom Cruise, global warming, global cooling, transfat-free foods, gasoline, football, illegal immigrants from Mexico, table lamps, movies, novels by Agatha Christie, motorcycles, Newtonian mechanics and coyotes aren't mentioned in the Bible either.
Bringer-of-Light
1. Newton = Fraud
2. Global warming and cooling = wishful thinking on the part of Al Gore who is just another atheist prophet.
3. Cars/office buildings = NOT IMPORTANT in the big scheme of things.
4. Mexicans = same as #3
5. Gasoline = just a passing trend.
Zarkov
Look guys trolls are bad enough
but Dog <- trolls are the absolute pits... just totally ignore them... don't even look, don't reply and just shake your head at these pathetic creatures.
Bringer-of-Light
I guess you defend Newton then Zarkov?
aarons
of course they're aliens!!!!!!!!!
how can anyone think otherwise????????
i dont belive in green men but living organisms (excuse my spellin:D) are bound to exist-thats alien ph34r.gif

Zarkov
Newton

The most intelligent earthling in recent history.
Bringer-of-Light
You aren't an alien you idiot. You are in need of therapy, I'm not kidding. No one is amused and no one is buying your foolishness. It is childish and it doesn't belong here.
Sinister Utopia
QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light+Jun 27 2008, 09:02 AM)
You aren't  an alien you idiot. You are in need of therapy, I'm not kidding. No one is amused and no one is buying your foolishness. It is childish and it doesn't belong here.

Jesus was half an Alien if the Bible is true
Capracus
QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light+Jun 27 2008, 04:56 AM)
Global warming and cooling = wishful thinking on the part of Al Gore who is just another atheist prophet.
QUOTE (Al Gore+)
"I am a Christian. I am a Protestant. I am a Baptist," told Newsweek in an interview in 2002. Al Gore does not, however, consider himself a Southern Baptist any longer.
http://www.adherents.com/people/pg/Al_Gore.html
Sounds like a typical atheist to me.

Some more atheist love from Al Gore.
If the message boards are not yet crawling with the news they soon will be: U.S. Vice President and Presidential candidate Al Gore admitted that he was a born-again Christian. During a 60 Minutes interview, broadcast on Dec. 5, he also attacked nonbelievers--or what Gore referred to as the "anti-religious view"-- calling them "arrogant" and "intimidating . . . making people who do believe in God feel like they're being put down and I don't like that. I've never liked that."

Bringer-of-Light
You think I believe that hogwash? Al Gore thinks that this move will lend credability to his absurd proclamations and ill founded ideas. I didn't think he had fooled anyone but I see that I was wrong. Keep eating out of his hand....
aarons
so i was lookin at a picture of a lion today and isnt it funny how most life on earth has the same characteristics such as eyes nose mouth ears???

is this gonna be universal???

i think not

if we found other life on planets i wonder what these would share in appearance dry.gif
Zarkov
if we found other life on planets i wonder what these would share in appearance

Aliens look much the same as I do.

LIFE, is ubiquitous across the Universe.... however distance between infections is very large by earth standards.
DuzmA
QUOTE (Zarkov+Jun 29 2008, 10:20 PM)

That bad huh?
TheDoc
QUOTE (Zarkov+Jun 29 2008, 10:20 PM)

Congratulations on idiocy post #1000, Zarkov.
dwk
QUOTE (Bringer-of-Light+Jun 27 2008, 02:31 PM)
There is no way that aliens exist. If they did we would know. Don't you think the Bible would have made mention of something that important?

What about all those dudes coming down from heaven in each chapter?
whiterosealchemist
I know i really shouldn't make a comment on this but i can't resist because I've studied this stuff most of my natural life along with much reputable science. I also have studied the Bible quite thoroughly so i have a handle on that too.

Now as it involves UFO's, to my knowledge, there are three schools of thought on them.
1. They are alien spacecraft. This viewpoint is held by people who really want aliens to exist because they don't like the way things are going here and the existence of aliens promises a possible escape.
2. They are government aircraft that have been covered up thoroughly. This view is usually had by people who function a little more with their minds but also have a level of paranoia that is to some level both admirable and creepy.
3. They are instances of demonic activity. This one is denied by many people including some Christians. It's not so much a scientific explanation as a philosophical one. It comes from the idea that aliens cannot exist from a scriptural viewpoint because the Bible never speaks on aliens. My personal viewpoint on this view is that primitive cultures will view science as magic and scientific cultures will view magic as science. It might be true and we would see what we could comprehend, scientific creations and ships instead of spirits and such.

My personal viewpoint is unsettled on this topic. I haven't really decided on which one is true and honestly i don't see that it really matters in the long run, all things considered.

As it concerns life on other planets, I think it very unlikely that life could exist anywhere else because of the sheer amount of hurdles that it would have to overcome because there are so many requirements to have just a world that would support life much less a section of space in the universe that could support life long enough to allow it to create ships that could get here to there fast enough. Mathematically speaking, the odds are extraordinarily slim. I do not however rule it out completely as I have seen several scientific studies that point to the idea that light is not a constant and that since the Bible does not speak on aliens there could be a possibility that God may have created other life-sustaining worlds and creatures to populate them. However given what I know of cosmology and how the age of the universe is increasingly in doubt, the civilization level of any other species on other planets probably wouldn't be too much more advanced than ours. So unless we just happen to be not too far from some ground-breaking advances in interstellar travel, it is difficult to imagine other species being able to reach us from anywhere nearby.
midwestern
Zarkov is the alien of this thread. biggrin.gif Blame him for the results. laugh.gif
Sinister Utopia
The Bible does not mention aliens, yet God, Jesus, Angels, are clearly depicted as not entirely Human.

Strangely the Bible does not mention the germ theory of disease, does that mean that disease does not exist?
midwestern
Sinister Utopia: The post you put up is to question whether those mentioned are aliens and why germ warfare isn't mentioned in the Bible. I'm leaving my answers blank on purpose so others go ballistic on you. tongue.gif
Sinister Utopia
QUOTE (midwestern+Jul 3 2008, 05:36 PM)
Sinister Utopia: The post you put up is to question whether those mentioned are aliens and why germ warfare isn't mentioned in the Bible.  I'm leaving my answers blank on purpose so others go ballistic on you. tongue.gif

Germ theory of disease is not germ warfare. dry.gif
midwestern
I'm waiting for the responses. rolleyes.gif
midwestern
Louis Pasteur isn't going to save you from this one. tongue.gif
Sinister Utopia
QUOTE (midwestern+Jul 3 2008, 06:03 PM)
Louis Pasteur isn't going to save you from this one. tongue.gif

If I am unable to post after the curry I am about to eat then perhaps you're right there.
wink.gif
midwestern
How do you like the dish? tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Zarkov
Dog I wish the mods gave me THE POWER

to delete the trash and ban these resident evil trolls from MYSPACEs !

LOL
Zarkov
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...s-predicte.html

"That's 500 billion planets out there, and bear in mind there are 100 billion other galaxies. To think this [the Earth] is the only place where anything interesting is happening, you have got to be really audacious to take that point of view."

Seth Shostak, SETI senior astronomer

LOL, so right....giggle

QUOTE (->
"That's 500 billion planets out there, and bear in mind there are 100 billion other galaxies. To think this [the Earth] is the only place where anything interesting is happening, you have got to be really audacious to take that point of view."

Seth Shostak, SETI senior astronomer

LOL, so right....giggle

Some leading astronomers are quite confident that mankind will make contact with intelligent alien life within two decades. The search for extraterrestrial life will leap forward next year when NASA launches the Kepler space telescope. The instrument will be constantly scanning the same 100,000 stars over its four-year mission with the exciting objective of discovering Earth-sized planets in the habitable zones around suns.

"Everything has caused us to become more optimistic," said American astrophysicist Dr Frank Drake in a recent BBC documentary. "We really believe that in the next 20 years or so, we are going to learn a great deal more about life beyond Earth and very likely we will have detected that life and perhaps even intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy."

However, some astrophysicists have warned that we humans may be blinded by our familiarity with carbon and Earthlike conditions. In other words, what we’re looking for may not even lie in our version of a “sweet spot”.

aren't they cute smile.gif

So what about water? Isn’t at least water essential to life? Not necessarily. Ammonia, for example, has many of the same properties as water. An ammonia or ammonia-water mixture stays liquid at much colder temperatures than plain water. Such biochemistries may exist outside the conventional water-based "habitability zone". One example of such a location would be right here in our own solar system on Saturn's largest moon Titan.

LOL

QUOTE (->

LOL

At any rate, the odds of there being some type of life somewhere out there are good. As for intelligent life, well, that will depend on the definition of intelligence. There are a lot of other intelligent species here on Earth besides humans, that we don’t generally regard as such.

Intelligent life,,,, mmmh none in this galaxy, certainly not on the earth rock
Zarkov
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/01/2321687.htm

A former NASA astronaut stunned the scientific world and divided UFO watchers when he claimed last week that UFOs and aliens do exist.

In 1971 during the Apollo 14 mission Edgar Mitchell became the sixth man to walk on the moon.

Thirty-seven years on he says he's just one of a handful in the space community who has been briefed by US military and intelligence officials on the existence of aliens.

But UFO believers says these revelations may have done their cause more harm than good.

Keith Basterfield is co-director of the Australian UFO research network and is author of several books on UFO sightings in Australia.

He says he believes Dr Mitchell may have damaged the work of serious scientific researchers into UFOs due to the former astronaut's broad claims and his inability to source what he's presenting as fact.

"Dr Mitchell declines to name the sources he is getting this information from," Mr Basterfield says.

"It's always an unnamed source, or a source close to the Minister of Defence. You cannot take that as evidence of fact.

"He's making those statements, obviously he's gone public with them, but there is always doubt that the sources he is talking to aren't playing the disinformation game with him."

Edgar Mitchell holds several science degrees and a doctorate of science in aeronautics and astronautics. He was an accomplished US Navy pilot before being invited by NASA to join the space program.

He was a back-up pilot on the Apollo 10 mission and then he walked on the moon for nine hours and 17 minutes as part of the Apollo 14 crew.

The other side to Major Mitchell is his main interest in life: the study of consciousness, paranormal phenomena, and psychic events.

Major Mitchell also believes he was cured of kidney cancer by a remote healer who helped him using positive thought.

He told a British radio station last week that he has been told in detail by senior US officials about UFOs and their occupants.

He says aliens who have visited Earth have been non-hostile and he's even been briefed on their physical appearance.

The French and British Government have begun releasing former secret military files on UFOs. The Australian Government is beginning to do the same.

But Keith Basterfield says so far none have revealed definite proof that craft or beings from another planet have visited Earth.

"The more one conducts rigorous investigation, rigorous interviews, looking for documentation within government sources for evidence, it is tantalising, but certainly I agree that there is no concrete evidence today where you could present to somebody and it would hold up as having only one possible explanation," he says.

"It's part of the intrigue that keeps a lot of people interested in this particular subject."
barakn
Revealed!
Zarkov is Edgar Mitchell's alien source!
Zarkov
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...emics-from.html

For the first time in Europe, historians, philosophers and sociologists are banding together with space scientists to share their thoughts and ideas on how humankind will be taking our first steps in Outer Space.

The 'Humans in Outer Space - Interdisciplinary Odysseys' conference held last fall in Vienna was the first forum where scholars from a humanities background together with scientists could discuss humankind's presence in space from non-traditional perspectives.

The benefits of creating such a cross-disciplinary forum is that it was able to give guiding insight into how humankind will face possible issues, issues that can be best addressed in the light of modern understanding of historical events, including the philosophical and theological consequences of contacting alien intelligences, the marketing of space exploration, and the legal frameworks that will be needed if space-faring nations are to cooperate peacefully.

Among the fascinating questions asked was the possible impact of vastly superior forms of extraterrestrial intelligence on the world's religions. Shermer's Last Law (coined by Michael Shermer, author of the Skeptic column for Scientific American) states that "Any sufficiently advanced extraterrestrial intelligence is indistinguishable from God." Jill Tarter of the  SETI Institute believes that contact with a superior extraterrestrial intelligence could have a devastating effect on the world's religions, with the unintended result of united earthlings and converting them to a new cosmic faith.

Professor Luca Codignola, a historian at the University of Genoa, expressed his interest in what history can tell us about the challenges we may face if space explorers make contact with alien civilizations. He drew correlations with the so-called "Columbian Exchange" that took place around 1492. 'It changed the Western way of conceiving the globe; it forcefully challenged its theology; it allowed for a free flow of bacteria, germs and microbes that almost wiped out the American peoples,' he explained.

'The science community does not really seem to be aware of the fact that a number of issues and concerns that they are dealing with, such as the consequences of meeting with unknown pathogens, are known and have long been studied by historians and ethnologists,' Prof. Codignola offered.

Earthlings meeting sane "aliens" LOL, will of course misunderstand.... the entry of Zarkov this forum is a prime example

There is no chance that earthlings could understand alien enlightenment.

LOL, little green men landing in a city square.... LOL... will never happen.....

LOL
Capracus
QUOTE (Zarkov+Aug 2 2008, 07:49 AM)
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...emics-from.html

Earthlings meeting sane "aliens" LOL, will of course misunderstand....  the entry of Zarkov this forum is a prime example

There is no chance that earthlings could understand alien enlightenment.

LOL, little green men landing in a city square.... LOL... will never happen.....

LOL

Has Dr. Zarkov submitted a DNA sample for analysis to substantiate his alien status?
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.