To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: 9/11 attack
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > General Sci-Tech Discussions > Puzzling questions

haiyent
US professors claim 9/11 an inside job
[ 7 Sep, 2006 1205hrs ISTAGENCIES ]

RSS Feeds| SMS NEWS to 8888 for latest updates

WASHINGTON: Seventy-five leading academics have stunned America by
claiming the 9/11 terrorist attacks were orchestrated by warmongers
inside the White House. The professors and scientists believe the attacks
on New York and Washington were an “inside job’ ’ carried out to justify
the invasion and the occupation of oil-rich countries.

Their claims have caused outrage in the US ahead of the fifth
anniversary, on Monday, of the raids, which left almost 3,000 dead.

The academics calling themselves 9/11 Scholars for Truth say, however,
that the facts of their investigations cannot be ignored and they have
overwhelming evidence that points to one of the biggest conspiracies
ever. In essays and journals, the 75 experts from universities across the
US give credence to many of the conspiracy theories which have circulated
on the internet since 2001.

One member of the group, Professor Steven Jones, who lectures in physics
at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, said: “We don’t believe that
19 hijackers and a few others in a cave in Afghanistan pulled this off
acting alone. We challenge this official theory and, by god, we’re going
to get to the bottom of this.’’

The academics believe a group of US neo-conservatives called the Project
for a New American Century , which is set on US world domination ,
orchestrated the attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon as an
excuse to hit Afghanistan, Iraq and later Iran.

Professor Jones said it was impossible for the Twin Towers to have
collapsed in the way they did from the collision of two planes.

He says jet fuel does not burn at temperatures high enough to melt steel
beams and claims horizontal puffs of smoke seen during the collapse of
the towers are indicative of controlled explosions used to bring down the
towers.

The 9/11 Commission dismissed the numerous conspiracy theories after its
exhaustive investigation into the terror attacks but the academics are
urging Congress to reopen the inquiry. Examinations of the towers ’
structure have sought to prove they were weakened by the impact which
tore off fire retardant materials and led to the steel beams bending
under heat and then collapsing.

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mount Holyoake
College in Massachusetts, dismissed the academics’ line. He said: “To
plant bombs in three buildings? It’s too huge a project and would require
far too many people to keep it a secret later.

“After every major crisis, we’ve had conspiracy theorists who come up
with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It’s a waste of time.’’
---------------

What's your opinion from the physics of that explosion?
Thanks.
doddsyboy99
ive saw the documentary on 'who took down the twin towers'
its good.
Nick
Congressman Kurt Weldon has been talking about the fact that the FBI discovered the 9-11 plot one year before it happened. It could have been stopped but lawyers put in by Clinton argued that we could not do anything because the terrorists had rights.

So it looks like the aftermath of the Clinton administration is what allowed 9-11.
adoucette
Stuns America?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I finally found where this came from, the Times of India.

There is no similar coverage of this "story" in the US media.

Pretty hard to be STUNNED when no one has even heard of it.

Still the last part of the article I could agree with:

Christopher Pyle, professor of constitutional law at Mount Holyoake College in Massachusetts, dismissed the academics’ line. He said: “To plant bombs in three buildings? It’s too huge a project and would require far too many people to keep it a secret later.

“After every major crisis, we’ve had conspiracy theorists who come up with plausible scenarios for gullible people. It’s a waste of time.’’

Arthur
ScottS
Leading academics? Since when do leading academics believe that we are bombing Jupiter with anti matter weapons, that aliens from Ummo have sent letters to selected people, the moon landing was a hoax, that dropping concrete blocks on each other proves demolition, or that Welstone was killed by the goverment.

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2006/...atest-hits.html
Nick
Arthur?
I heard about it on talk radio for more than a year. Kurt is in the US congress addressing this. Other people from the FBI are talking but are under a gag order.

The democrats and the media don't want you to know about it. It is as simple as that.

adoucette
You heard it on TALK RADIO?????

My now that makes it CREDIBLE!

NOT

The FBI is under a "gag order"?

You've GOT to be kidding me?

Oh, these guys KNOW that the govt orchestrated the killing of 3000 of our fellow citizens but because someone SAYS don't talk about it, they say: "Ok, no problem".

Yeah, sounds LIKE most FBI agents I know.

NOT

The Democrats don't want it out?

Who gives a SHIIT what the Democrats do or don't want, they can't even win control on one branch of Congress???

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Like PT Barnum said ...

Arthur
Nick
The cat is out of the bag.

What do you have on talk radio? I have heard about it many times from the congressman Kurt Weldon. Why would you discredit the congressman simply because he was on the "Radio?" You believe it started in India.

Radio is a valuable venue. You will hear what the left wing media will not tell you.

And yes those in the FBI that wish to bring it to the light are under a gag order.

You may not know about what I am talking about but the government does. Thats where I got it. Its as simple as that.
adoucette
Drat those Gag orders, if it weren't for them, just THINK what we'd know.

laugh.gif

I AM curious though, if Kurt KNOWs the FBI knew about this, why is this NOT on his web site?

Is HE under a Gag Order too?

http://curtweldon.house.gov/

Arthur
Tye
QUOTE (adoucette+Sep 8 2006, 12:11 AM)
I AM curious though, if Kurt KNOWs the FBI knew about this, why is this NOT on his web site?

Arthur

adoucette

EVER thought he hasnt yet GOT ROUND TO DOING IT!

Bwahahaha, lack of knowledge and you JUMP conclusions

laugh.gif

You have ZERO support.... you seem to know though.

Soooo get back in your hideouts, felonies

Oh, and dont be "jumping" owta the windows too soon will ya

Just.. want you caught and LOCKED up, permanently thats all.

A newly declassified document gives a fascinating glimpse into the US military's plans for "information operations" - from psychological operations, to attacks on hostile computer networks.

Don't get too loud, Arthur, they might gag ya!

Members of the European Parliament have called on European governments to come clean about alleged secret CIA prison camps on their territory

EU officials have been examining the allegations, but governments have until now denied that any prisons exist.
Until now, the US had admitted to picking up terrorism suspects in Europe, but had not confirmed having any secret prisons, or so-called "black sites".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5323968.stm

Oh NO Arthur... 5 years and we DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT! That means they must NOT have existed right?

Yeah, nice one. And I love the foresight, and acolyting, really

But of course...

The ONLY THING this guy will EVER believe is what the Bush admin. says!

And everyone else is a liar, by his standards, or simply not UP TO THE TASK.

Don't become TOO "Islamophobic" or "hostile" to Muslims will ya

Typical
adoucette
Right,
Of course he's had time to update his website almost every day FOR WEEKS.
For issues like:

WASHINGTON, Sep 6 -

U.S. Rep. Curt Weldon (R-Pa.), vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and chairman of the Tactical Air and Land Forces Subcommittee, delivered the keynote address and was honored for his work to further international defense cooperation during today’s Common Defense (ComDef) Conference 2006 at the National Press Club.

WASHINGTON, Sep 5 -

U.S. Rep. Curt Weldon (R-Pa.) congratulated the SMART (“Strengthening the Mid Atlantic Region for Tomorrow”) Organization today for being featured in the September issue of U.S. Airways in-flight magazine.

WASHINGTON, Sep 2 -

U.S. Rep. Curt Weldon, vice chairman of the House Armed Services and Homeland Security Committees, released this statement following yesterday’s successful test of the U.S. military’s long-range missile defense system. Vice Chairman Weldon was an author of the nation’s missile defense system and has long called for a vigorous missile defense to shield the United States from a long-range missile attack.

“A successful strike during yesterday's test of our national missile defense system is proof positive that this technology is improving to better protect our nation from the threat of a missile strike.

UPPER DARBY, Pa., Sep 1 -

U.S. Rep. Curt Weldon (R-Pa.), vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, today announced that Delaware County Community College (DCCC) will receive a congressionally mandated grant of nearly $150,000 to fund a new first responder training institute.

“This grant will help Delaware County Community College continue providing invaluable training resources for first responders serving our community,”

But NOT for mentioning that
the FBI discovered the 9-11 plot one year before it happened. It could have been stopped but lawyers put in by Clinton argued that we could not do anything because the terrorists had rights.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

NOT

Arthur

haiyent
that's interesting Arthur.

But but since there are so many physics experts in here, can we hear
their analysis from the scientific point of viewsI mean,

could the two towers just collapse like that?
By 2 small planes?

adoucette
Clearly the planes weren't SMALL, by ANY definition.

See http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtop...ndpost&p=103805

For a discussion of 9/11 on this board.

see http://wtc.nist.gov/NISTNCSTAR1CollapseofTowers.pdf

For a scientific discussion of how the towers collapsed

Arthur
Nick
Arthur only the last weeks issues of interest are there. He started confronting congress over a year ago. You will have to wait until it comes up again. It may take some time.

I have not used his site at all. Besides hearing him the FBI agent was enough.

I see you cannot find the information yourself. This is quite humorous because you are among those that the media doesn't want to know.

And It has worked!

ON
Type 'operation northwoods' into google...
adoucette
QUOTE (Nick+Sep 9 2006, 12:53 AM)
Arthur only the last weeks issues of interest are there. He started confronting congress over a year ago. You will have to wait until it comes up again. It may take some time.

I have not used his site at all. Besides hearing him the FBI agent was enough.

I see you cannot find the information yourself. This is quite humorous because you are among those that the media doesn't want to know.

And It has worked!

Yeah, think how much MORE I'd know if I just listened to more late night talk Radio.

Heck, maybe I'd be as smart as you.

laugh.gif

Arthur
Nick
Try Rusty Humphries, Michael Savage, Jerry Doyle, Laura Ingraham.

Conservative talk radio is doing the job that can't be done anywhere else.

I am not so sure that listening to that venue effects my intelligence more than any other and Arthur, I never said I was smarter than you.
*vanadesse
QUOTE (Nick+Sep 9 2006, 02:57 PM)
Conservative talk radio is doing the job that can't be done anywhere else.

Which would be what, convincing gullible people that their lies are actually true? Sorry, but that has and is being done in many, many other places.
Nick
What is being talked about by conservative radio is important. Rusty Humphries reveals the lies of the democratic party.

Dems say we don't have to do anything about terrorism it really isn't the threat it is being made out to be.

Bush says to the world: Everybody should stand up.
Why does it have to be said?

Because the left are the appeasers. They are the friend of our enemy.
*vanadesse
Dems say we don't have to do anything about terrorism it really isn't the threat it is being made out to be.

No they don't. They are saying that terrorism is being dealt with in the wrong way. Which is true.

QUOTE (->

No they don't. They are saying that terrorism is being dealt with in the wrong way. Which is true.

Because the left are the appeasers. They are the friend of our enemy.

You poor person. You have been completely brainwashed. Have you ever tried reading or listening to a Democrat? Now there's a thought.
Nick
The Democratic party is no longer the loyal opposition. The point is how will they deal with it? They don't see it as the threat it is so how can they deal at all? There are a few democrats that know we have to fight but the majority are against it.

I hear them all the time and that is the problem. They are liars. And if you repeat a lie often enough it will be believed.

That is what is going on.
*vanadesse
QUOTE (Nick+Sep 9 2006, 05:01 PM)
I hear them all the time and that is the problem. They are liars. And if you repeat a lie often enough it will be believed.

Right. And how do you know that the Democrats, not the Republicans are the liars????

Because you are the one believing the lies.

The Democratic party is no longer the loyal opposition. The point is how will they deal with it? They don't see it as the threat it is so how can they deal at all? There are a few democrats that know we have to fight but the majority are against it.

The Democrats are NOT against dealing with threats. They understand the threat. It's pretty much impossible NOT to, living in this country. What they ARE against is killing innocent people because of bad planning and misguided concepts.
Nick
The Republicans have the truth but no love. The Democrats have love but no truth. They cater to everything that is wrong in people.

Truth wins out even if the representative is imperfect.

Go George Bush. Kick the A** of the terrorists.

The democrats won't stand up for what is right period.

They do not care about children.

Hatred of innocence.

*vanadesse
QUOTE (Nick+Sep 9 2006, 05:28 PM)
The Republicans have the truth but no love. The Democrats have love but no truth. They cater to everything that is wrong in people.

Truth wins out even if the representative is imperfect.

Go George Bush. Kick the A** of the terrorists.

The democrats won't stand up for what is right period.

They do not care about children.

Hatred of innocence.

First of all, who made you or George Bush the decider of what is right and what is wrong??? So you call killing innocent people right? We are fighting a war in Iraq. Innocent people are dying every day. The claim is that we are fighting terrorism. That is WRONG. When George Bush (since you like him so much) was asked what the war in Iraq had to do with the terrorist attacks of 9/11, he replied, NOTHING. If you recall, the reason we went into Iraq in the first place was because Iraq, "without a doubt", had weapons of mass destruction. Turns out they don't. So why are we STILL there? Well now, since we involved ourselves in this mess because of a LIE, their country is falling apart and since we started it, it's our job to fix it. None of this has anything to do with the personal safety of Americans. So much for your "truth".
Nick
Truth is certain. You are just attacking the messenger.

Taking the war to them was brilliant.

I am sorry you can't see the danger. To you it is abstract.

Wait for the next attack. I suggest you prepare.

*vanadesse
QUOTE (Nick+Sep 9 2006, 05:46 PM)
Taking the war to them was brilliant.

In what way? In that their country is now on the brink of civil war? In that almost as many Americans have died fighting in Iraq that died on 9/11? Brilliant.

Wait for the next attack. I suggest you prepare.

I thought you said that George Bush was "kicking the a** out of terrorists". With him running our country, what do we have to worry about? dry.gif
Nick
Count on attack from Iran. They have a surprise in store.

If you ask the soldiers they will tell you what they are doing is right.
Tye
America knew OF this, and planned it ALL dilly nilly - judge for your impartial selves.

Read facts please.

9/11- SHAM - SEE THIS (basics)

And yeah, go on for those that need glasses to see a nuclear bomb

Interview with Huffman Aviation

Israel screws the US

Even goping off lies-look whose at FAULT

You've been REPEATEDLY duped

Obviously what it means is that your the terrorists worldwide... guess what? who doesnt know that one!

Ask a pilot, a small aircraft pilot here, who can't even fly that one, to see if he can fly a Boeing? No go on-

Flight 77 hijacker - CANNOT FLY

Yes my a$$

But yes, why of course.. Arabs we hate can easily fly anything, yet theyre dumb, from the dark ages cavemen at the same time...hmmmm

Oh! Oh my GOD! Bin Laden not wanted for 9/11 by FBI??? NO evidence???

FBI

The cockroach eating cockroach supporters (those who approve)

The guy who is a potential candidate for 2008 presidential elections:
August 21, 2006
U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold told a group of Madison area residents this morning that the ongoing U.S. presence in Iraq is the result of an "outrageous pile of lies" and called for more accountability.

"The Bush administration should take accountability for being stuck there and not admitting mistakes," he told a group of about 60 people this morning at a listening session at the Boys & Girls Club on Jenewein Road.

HERE

308 Billion dollars to date and counting

Anyone who sticks up for his right and revolt against an tyrant invader is a what? TERRORIST.

We didnt go into Iraq for WMDs as chanted to the world?

laugh.gif

TRY THIS EXPERIMENT...go out in your yard find the biggest ant hill you can find (preferably fire ants) stomp on top of the hill, continue stomping until you have killed all of the ants including those that initially scurried away and burrowed underground. Try this using only your feet. Now, kill all of the ants in your entire yard, not just those ants from the original hill. For those ants have heard you are killing their neighbors and now they are also vexed. Just as we have turned those who never sought to be terrorists into martyrs for the cause.
This is a merely simulation of the futility of the Bush (sic) policy.

Iraq didn't attack us neither did Palestine, nor Pakistan, nor Afghanistan nor Syria, nor Iran... ITS WE GOING AROUND BIGOTED ATTACKING THEM.

Bush said it was about WMD and many other things, none of which were true, but never said it was to cut off the head of anything. It was never the hub of terrorism until Bush made it one.
We are positioning democracy??? I think we're being battered by normal human beings, untrained with zero technology, education, science, nor money and alliance, and its now called civil war, so US and its petty babies are now RUNNING.

Yes, check this for democracy in Afghanistan:

Blatant flying SCANDALS

Bush's visit to an elementary on 9/11

You are living in the stone age and you'll get a reply from the stone age.

For America, the only thing that can be said and has come out of all this is, just how stubborn, weak, selfish, sick, duped, doted, and blind the American population can be.

AND the next 50 years if not more of insecurity and revenge, obviously.

NO EMPIRE STANDS.. ever see history? for much more than half a century or a century at its most.

Cry all you like... its too late now.

Lets take the neocon bushie republican view on things and our reasons for war. There was recently a terror plot that was uncovered in England. Many of the these terrorists were British citizens without a passport yet they were about to do some terror attack on planes in a day or two? Right. So what does this mean? This means that we should topple the regime in England. If this state harbors terrorism, then we should invade and kill them over there instead of letting them come here. Why not, that's what we did in Iraq.. wait.. no.. there were no terrorists in Iraq because Saddam ruled Iraq with an iron fist. No other groups were allowed in that oppressive regime. Now, there are terrorists there. Why? because WE are there. Why are we there? WMD? - no, Some sort of need to topple dictators? - no, Terrorists? - No., We are in IRAQ because of ENERGY = OIL! GOP Neocons are so blinded by hate and you believe everything that that president says. You want to go in and kill all people. How does that make you any different than a terrorist.

Well, I tell you what investors, I reckon you should not sit back and enjoy while your soldiers suffer one after the other, and why not REALLY show your support, and quickly sign up for the war. What better way for you to get what you deserve.. oh thats right. Your too lame and SCARED!

Before all this USA had a little respect in the world. Now, daily abuse, hate, insults, hatred and loathing is its worth it attracts.

USA = bullsh1t.com

9/11 admittance- FAKED Bin Laden video

War on Terrorism - TOTAL Fabrication

Peace to the peace makers, war for the war mongers.

Perverted barbarian warmongers:

U.S. Paid 10 Journalists for Anti-Castro Reports
The Bush administration’s Office of Cuba Broadcasting paid 10 journalists here to provide commentary on Radio and TV Martí, which transmit to Cuba government broadcasts critical of Fidel Castro, a spokesman for the office said Friday.
Sep 9, 2006 10:06 AM PST
MAINSTREAM MEDIA

haiyent
There are indeed many doubts about that 9/11 attack.

What started off as strong support for Washington's aggression against
the middle east is now taking a reverse trend.

Look at the senseless killings and torture at Abu Ghaib prison and Guantanamo camp, not to mention few secret prisons even Red Cross International has no access.

People begin to ask if that 9/11 was indeed staged as an excuse to
whack the Islamic extremists. Iraq was conquered for (nonexistent) weapon of mass destruction or its oil?

Too many video footages have been confiscated and public viewing disallowed.
Bombs reported in the WTC was not made public. The bright flash of lights before the plane hit the structure was unexplained.

THe man-made crater in the lawn of Pentagon - for what purpose?

Can somebody help to clarify the doubts raised in recent times?
How about that Arthur?

What about the issue brought up by Judicialwatch.org ? And the recent issue of OIC Today(vol8), "Did 9/11 really happen?"

Petetions are being filed to reopen the case and pressure is mounting on the US to "let the truth out". Backed by too many who speak out recently!

haiyent
ccc
Markinosis
QUOTE (adoucette+Sep 8 2006, 12:11 AM)
Drat those Gag orders, if it weren't for them, just THINK what we'd know.

laugh.gif

[QUOTE=Nick @ Sep 9 2006, 12:53 AM]
Arthur only the last weeks issues of interest are there. He started confronting congress over a year ago.

Besides hearing him the FBI agent was enough.[/quote]

I dunno what is to achieve from convincing him but.... I'll give the EVDIENCE against adoucettes aspersions here.

28-Oct-05:

"What Rep. Weldon, Republican from Penn, brought up late one nigh last week on the House Floor will make Bush Administration's recent troubles seem like child's play by comparison.

This time, even ardent conservatives, such as Michael Savage of "The Savage Nation" radio talk show, are calling for liberals and conservatives to put aside our differences and come together on this one. I included an excerpt from his show, in the first audio clip below, reflective of this appeal.

Because most people find it hard to make time to listen to audio clips, I condensed and highlighted the main points of Weldon's speech in the first 2 clips. The complete speech follows these excerpts."

Michael Savage of "Savage Nation Radio Show on Rep Weldon
1) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231518...SUADK&ps=13&p=1 (3 min) (plus begining introduction from Rep Weldon on the House floor)

Excerpts from Rep Weldon's 47 minute speech on the House floor
2) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231521...CKHOY&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)

3) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231526...MGWDG&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)

The Complete Speech from Rep Weldon on the House Floor
1) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231530...YGSRV&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)
2) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231526...MGWDG&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)
3) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231536...HHAXC&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)
4) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231563...LONEB&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)
5) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=231565...OJGEH&ps=13&p=1 ( 7 min)

===
Re-post of the audio clips, from about 6 months before 11-05, from Ed Griffin on C-Span 2, on the distortions and omissions from the "9/11 Commission Report".

Ed Griffins speech on C-Span 2 - "Distortions and Omissions by the 9/11 Commission Report"
1) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=172819...DXING&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)
2) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=172837...SRJLJ&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)

Input that backs Griffin's last premise from John Lear
3) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=172840...XWOTJ&ps=13&p=1 (10 min)

Balance of Ed Griffins speech on C-Span 2
4) http://PlayAudio-123.com/play.asp?m=172847...WUXUV&ps=13&p=1 (8 min)

Turning Point Able Danger Press Conference by Curt Weldon on C-SPAN2 - 6:41 Tonight (Friday, Nov. 11)

Rep. Weldon's press conference at C-SPAN.org

"The Able Danger scandal and cover-up is mushrooming into a cloud that now looms over the 9/11 Commission, the DoD, and the DIA. Rep. Curt Weldon said, "to me this is the most important story of my lifetime." He talked about friends he lost on September 11th. He raged and attacked the 9/11 Commission for omitting Able Danger. The day before yesterday's press conference he accused former Commission Vice-Chair Hamilton of lying to protect the Bush administration as reported by Govexec.com; that's right, the Bush Administration. 9/11 has truly turned the world upside down.

"As Joe Wilson pointed out to the Washington Post not long after his famous op-ed exposing the uranium yellowcake farce, "if they lied to us about this, what else are they lying to us about?"

Currently there are two committees in the Senate and four in the House investigating Able Danger and as of yesterday the Inspector general at the Pentagon is investigating as well. But still the key witnesses are effectively gagged by the DoD. In response, Rep. Weldon has initiated a petition yesterday already signed by over 100 of his colleagues calling upon the DoD to permit testimony of Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, Captain Scott Phillpott, and the other witnesses.

Weldon leveled allegations against former 9/11 staffer Dietrich Snell who interviewed the Able Danger team leader Phillpott tens days before the release of the 9/11 Report and who heard from Phillpott that indeed they had identified Atta. Given that Snell is now at NY Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's office in NYC there is a new opportunity to demand Spitzer dispell any questions of conflict of interest and act upon the extensive 9/11 Complaint brought by families and victims filed with his office last Fall. [See http://www.justicefor911.org]. [Perhaps someone should sue the Commissioners for fraud for starters.] In response to Phillpott's putting his career on the line with his private testimony regarding Atta and the obstructions they encountered in getting this to the FBI, Snell asked Phillpott, "What do you want to do with this information, we are going to print in 10 days?" Well, we know that neither Roemer (a dem) nor Lehman (a Republican) were briefed and neither the Report nor the post report 'monographs' made any mention of Able Danger.

Please call your representatives in Congress and ask them to sign Rep. Weldon's petition so that the American people can hear the truth from those that identified Atta, Al-Sheehi, Al-Hazmi, and Al-Mihdhar a full year before the atttacks and who experienced repeated obstructions in trying to bring this information forward to the FBI and who can speak to who ignored this intelligence and tried to bury it, repeatedly."

Below are a few select quotes from Rep. Weldon's press conference yesterday followed by snippets from today's articles on the subject as well as a transcript of his appearance on Lou Dobbs.

=====

There is a cover-up here. It is clear. It is unequivocal.

I have no other recourse but to ask for a criminal investigation.

The 9/11 Commission refers to Able Danger as historically insignificant.

It is my contention that there was a deliberate attempt to not have this story told to the American people.

There is no mention of Able Danger in the entire 9/11 Commission Report.

There's been nothing but denial and spin since the story broke in the first week of August. Denial and Spin.

You know Richard Nixon had to resign from office because he tried to cover up a third-rate burglary. No one was injured. No money was stolen. No one was killed. Here we have a cover-up of the single largest incident in the history of our nation...[might be missing rest of this quote?]

This story is about intimidation, it's about harassment, it's about ruining the career of a professional military officer. It's about denying the American people the basic facts of what happened to 3000 human beings and 17 sailors. It is unacceptable. It's outrageous. It's un-American. It's undemocratic, it's not what our country stands for.

The 9/11 Commission missed the boat. They flubbed it. They have no credibility on this issue whatsoever.

It's only a matter of time before this story is going to come out.

I can't believe the mainstream media turns its head and does nothing to investigate this.

=====

Rep. Kurt Weldon (R-PA) on Able Danger Investigation
rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e110905_weldon.rm'
Representative Curt Weldon (R-PA) talks about the Able Danger investigation.
11/9/2005: WASHINGTON, DC: 47 min.

====

New Skirmish in War Over 9/11 Information
Congressman challenges Department of Defense
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...&articleId=1224
By Rory O'Connor -- November 10, 2005

[quote]Representative Curt Weldon, Republican from Pennsylvania, has just fired another salvo in his ongoing battle against the Defense Department over the Able Danger “information warfare” program. According to at least five DOD employees, the controversial data-mining project, which ended in 2000, identified Mohamed Atta and other 9/11 hijackers a year before the worst terror attacks ever on US soil.

Weldon believes that the 9/11 Commission’s work investigating the attacks has proven “to be a disappointment and a failure, especially as it pertains to Able Danger.” Possible explanations for this failure, says Weldon, include “gross incompetence either on the part of the Commissioners or the Commission staff, or both,” or more alarmingly, “a deliberate cover-up that would make the Watergate scandal pale in comparison.”
[snip][/quote]

=====

Pentagon probes treatment of 'Able Danger' officer
Reuters -- Wed Nov 9, 2005 7:32 PM ET
http://www.911citizenswatch.org/print.php?sid=717
By David Morgan

[quote]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon inspector general is investigating the Defense Intelligence Agency's treatment of an Army colonel who was the first to claim publicly that the government knew about four September 11 hijackers long before the 2001 attacks, officials said on Wednesday.

Among the issues under review is whether the DIA revoked the security clearance of Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer last September in retaliation for repeated comments he made in the media about a military intelligence team code-named Able Danger, sources familiar with the case said.
[snip][/quote]

=====

Rep. Curt Weldon on Lou Dobbs (CNN)
http://curtweldon.house.gov/News/DocumentS...ocumentID=36857

[quote]DOBBS: New charges tonight. Charges of a massive cover-up by members of our defense intelligence community. Congressman Curt Weldon today called for a criminal investigation into what he says, is the most important story of our lifetime.

Weldon says the army's intelligence unit known as Able Danger, identified the ringleaders of the 9/11 attacks more than a year before September 11, but those warnings were ignored by the Pentagon.

Weldon says the defense intelligence agency is now trying to smear the reputation of Able Danger member Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Shaffer, for speaking out about the scandal.

In addition to identifying the ringleaders of the 9/11 attacks, Congressman Weldon says Able Danger warned defense officials about terrorist activity in the Port of Aden in Yemen, two weeks before that bombing of the U.S. the bombs of the U.S.S. Cole in 2000.

He also blasted the 9/11 Commission, calling them a disappointment and a failure for not including that information about Able Danger in its final report.

I talked with 9/11 commission member and former senator Slade Gorton three weeks ago. And I ask him why Able Danger was omitted from the commission's report.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SLADE GORTON, FORMER 9/11 COMMISSIONER: Well, Able Danger worked out very interesting. It didn't identify Mohammed Atta a year beforehand. Unfortunately, no one identified Mohammed Atta beforehand. Able Danger was simply irrelevant to our report and still is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

DOBBS: Congressman Weldon now joining me from Washington, in an exclusive interview.

Congressman, it is good to see you. Simply irrelevant how Slade Gorton describes Able Danger, what's your reaction?

REP. CURT WELDON ®, ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE: Unbelievable. Slade Gorton has never talked to any principle involved with Able Danger. And how he can go off and profess to know something about something that he's never talked to anyone about, is beyond me.

Slade Gorton is into what the 9/11 commission is doing, Lou. It's called c, y, a. Cover their butts, pretend it didn't happen.

How can you say something is historically insignificant that Louis Freeh just two weeks ago on national TV said Able Danger information was the kind of intelligence that could have prevented the hijackings.

That's Louis Freeh saying that two weeks ago. Able Danger was briefed to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in January of 2001. How could you call that historically insignificant?

Lou, this is a cover-up. It's not a third-rate political burglary. It's a cover-up of information on the largest attack in the history of the country.

DOBBS: Congressman, you are calling for a criminal investigation. Obviously, you're not going to receive a great deal of cooperation from the leadership, the Republican leadership in the House or the Senate.

You're a Republican, what kind of reaction are you getting as you go one on one with your fellow Congressman?

WELDON: Lou, the members of Congress want the facts to come out, both parties. I did a briefing this afternoon for members of Congress, we had dozens of their members and their staff show up.

And just within two hours Lou, today, I got 100 signatures. One hundred signatures from Republicans and Democrats across the country. Liberals and conservatives to Secretary Rumsfeld demanding that we allow these Able Danger military officers to testify in an open hearing.

The American people need to know the facts. They need to know the truth. Three thousand people were killed, 17 sailors were killed in the U.S.S Cole. The 9/11 commission did not do its job. It's time to get the facts out to the American people.

DOBBS: Let me quote Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Congressman. When asked about Able Danger, Donald Rumsfeld said, quote, it's such an interesting story. Of course, it's something that occurred well before this administration came in. Back in the '90s, as I understand it, and it's an interesting story.

What's your response?

WELDON: Well, Donald Rumsfeld would not have been given the detailed information about Able Danger because it ended at the end of 2000, before he came into office.

However, Lou, we have to understand. There were people within the Pentagon who stayed in place from the 1999/2000 period into 2001. In fact, they're still there today. They have a vested interest in not having the story be told because some of them are going to be embarrassed because the American people will see we failed them in 1999 and 2000.

We failed them in 2001. We had information we should have acted upon. It was denied from being transferred to the FBI and as Louis Freeh said just two weeks ago, could have allowed us to stop the hijackings from having ever occurred.

DOBBS: Louis Freeh, the former FBI director. At this point, Congressman, where does the investigation go from here? The people that are most critical to establishing what the unit, Able Danger knew, and was capable of disseminating, relevant to 9/11, have been gagged by the Pentagon and cannot speak. What do you do now?

WELDON: Well, we have a DOD, inspector general investigation that actually commenced today. I met for an hour and a half with four of their top leaders. They were requested by three separate members of Congress, one senator and two House members.

They have commenced an internal investigation of the Defense Intelligence Agency. In addition to that, I talked to the head of the General Accounting Office and I have asked him to look at a criminal investigation of what happened, and a deliberate attempt to cover-up information.

The person who debriefed Scott Philpott, Lou, was a guy named Dieter Snell. Dieter Snell worked for Jamie Gorelick. We have to know whether or not there was a deliberate attempt by Dieter Snell not to have the 9/11 commission members know the full details of what Able Danger was doing. I can't answer that question. An investigation needs to take place.

DOBBS: And Scott Philpott, of course, one of those who has been gagged by the Pentagon in this case. Congressman Curt Weldon, we thank you very much.

WELDON: My pleasure, Lou."[/quote]

[quote-adoucette]Yeah, think how much MORE I'd know if I just listened to more late night talk Radio.
Heck, maybe I'd be as smart as you.[/quote]

You would, your right for once.

Oh thats CNN as well.
adoucette
Yeah,

QUOTE (Markinosis+)
It's only a matter of time before this story is going to come out.

All that DIED when it was given the LIGHT OF DAY.

(do some REAL research)

Notice how OLD these quotes are.

Even the Clinton News Network couldn't give this story legs.

Arthur
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.