To add comments or start new threads please go to the full version of: 'vmat-2'
PhysForum Science, Physics and Technology Discussion Forums > General Sci-Tech Discussions > Creation / Evolution

Dr.Strangelove
I got to meet Craig Venter yesterday(a book review of 'A Life De-Coded'), and though 'nervous', I tried to convey that 'G-d' really is in our D.N.A., and 'Man' should not be manipulating the Genetic Codes of Life(this during the 'Q' & 'A' session).
This book review may have been equal to the Brian Greene one a few years back('Elegant Universe')- another time I was able to 'get in the last question'- "aren't we really looking for 'G-d' when we search Space(inner or outer)".

Anyway, Mr. Venter defied my prior feelings of the type person I thought he was, and I found him to be very likeable actually(even 'humble'),, and not the type individual that I thought would fit the category of 'Mad Scientist/Geneticist', etc.
I found him truly fascinating, his life experiences 'immense' in breadth.

Curiously, he answered "No", when I commented about what many Bio-Ethicists have warned against, when I asked "is it 'sane' to be playing around with genetic modifications?" unsure.gif Obviously he must, but maybe the 'keyword' is 'Play'.

*'Definition of 'G-d':(this is where the 'VMAT-2' Gene comes into the picture)

'The God Gene' by Dean Hammer, names this paticular Gene as being specific toward having some unusual quality that 'connects' Spiritual Transcendence experiences, and in conjunction with similar insights by other reknowned authors with backgrounds in such as Venter and Hammer(such as Dr. Leonard Horowitz), these other authors(such as Gregg Bradden) input their own knowledge of Spiritual Matters, and offer a comprehensive incorporation of concepts which cross over multi-disciplinary sectors, so to tie in 'G-d' to the Equation of Life(even 'inserting' His infinite presence into our D.N.A. as a manifestation of both 'Acoustics & Light'/'Sono-Luminescence', etc)..

'The audience patiently awaits this 'Definition'.............

I guess my point is my confusion as to how almost everyone on this website who claims they believe in 'Science'(and all its 'Laws'), cannot fathom from whence those same laws arose. Its like if 'they can't touch it'(i.e.= see it in their microscopes, etc), then its 'not there', doesn't exist- yet, we all know that no 'Finality' is on the horizon with regard to any 'Grand Unified Field Theory', nor the 'Progenerator like Particle' from which all other particles arose.
Point is that 'No Final Truth' to the 'whats' and the 'whys' of Life are near our horizon of understanding(let alone our ability/capability to find it).
And that is the Point, we know we don't know a whole lot, and knowing this should be indication enough to any 'honest intellect' that this 'Final Truth'/'Final Law', is beyond 'Knowing'- and probably wasn't meant to be known(because we'd only mess things up- history shows this repeatedly).

'G-d' is always ten steps ahead in Time, He is the Aleph, and we are but the Fractal. 'PHI', and its Ratio's prove this, and 'PHI' is known as 'G-ds' Infinite Finger-print'- and its in our D.N.A., and the *'Universal Tree of Life' has its own D.N.A.--- we are but *'Endo-Symbiants' within.
*I also believe that the 'Prime Number Code' mystery, is directly connected to this Phylogenetic Tree of Life(its an 'Adaption Code' of growth in this 'Symbiotic Network' of 'exo' and 'endo' Symbiosis of 'Emergent Life' and how it relates to Thermo-Dynamics).

'VMAT-2' Gene is not the Answer, because if it was, then 'X' ing it out of your Genome would mean 'no connection to G-d'.

The 'Answer' to the 'Question'................................."it's what is Universally present"(Sound and Light).
1,000 years from now(or 10 Gigazillion), its always going to be Sound and Light.

The Universe is a Genetic Construct of Sound and Light D.N.A.(and it obeys 'PHI').
There is 'No Junk D.N.A.', and Germ-Line Modifications and Trans-Genetic 'Concoctions'( mad.gif ) are going to wreck havoc.

'Mirrors': Sound and Light(echo and reflection); "Do Not mess with D.N.A."!!
*The real 'G-d' Code is 'Karma', please keep off His Turf, His Immune System is 'Inviolate',,, our actions are not.
Desecration of the 'NAME'(the '42' letter ineffable NAME) will lead to our total destruction.
'Ark of the Covenant', it was about this '42'(there is no physical 'Ark', its the Rainbow).

photojack
Dr.Strangelove, This blows most claims for supernatural explanations out of the water!
"On BBC News on October 22, 2007, when asked about his religious view Craig Venter replied that he thought that a true scientist could not believe in supernatural explanations."
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Venter (Emphasis mine.)

Need we say any more? "A true scientist could not believe in supernatural explanations", Craig Venter

QUOTE (->
"On BBC News on October 22, 2007, when asked about his religious view Craig Venter replied that he thought that a true scientist could not believe in supernatural explanations."
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Venter (Emphasis mine.)

Need we say any more? "A true scientist could not believe in supernatural explanations", Craig Venter

Mycoplasma laboratorium.

Venter is seeking to patent the first life-form created by man, possibly to be named Mycoplasma laboratorium.[14] There is speculation that this line of research could lead to producing bacteria that have been engineered to perform specific reactions, e.g. produce fuels, make medicines, clean up the environment, create more manageable and effective biological weapons, etc.  In a recent interview with New Scientist when asked 'Assuming you can make synthetic bacteria, what will you do with them?' Venter replied, "Over the next 20 years, synthetic genomics is going to become the standard for making anything. The chemical industry will depend on it. Hopefully, a large part of the energy industry will depend on it. We really need to find an alternative to taking carbon out of the ground, burning it, and putting it into the atmosphere. That is the single biggest contribution I could make."

Furthermore it suggests that one of the main purposes for creating synthetic bacteria would be to reduce the dependence on fossil fuels.

This and the Genome Project was what got him awarded an honorary doctorate from Arizona State University. He was on the 2007 Time 100 most influential people in the world list made by Time magazine.
Dr.Strangelove
QUOTE (photojack+Nov 24 2007, 12:11 AM)
Dr.Strangelove, This blows most claims for supernatural explanations out of the water! From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Venter (Emphasis mine.)

This and the Genome Project was what got him awarded an honorary doctorate from Arizona State University. He was on the 2007 Time 100 most influential people in the world list made by Time magazine.

This guy is honest(a good man- and brilliant!),, but something says he knows 'much' is not understood, and I am actually 'certain' it bothers him.

As to 'super-natural',, well, the term is a contradiction//oxymoronic even(if you're referring to 'G-d').

Of course, with his knowledge of Battelle Memorial Institute(and what they're up to),,, I wonder about his 'split' from them. rolleyes.gif cool.gif

photojack
The "supernatural" is the only thing religious people place their "faith" in. ohmy.gif Take away the supernatural, and there would be no God, Jesus, gods, deities, idols or talismans NOR religions, sects cults and the like! Think about THAT! ((laugh.gif))

And what do you perceive is wrong about the Battelle Memorial Institute? Craig Venter may have left to pursue the Genome Project or the Mycoplasma laboratorium developments. Those would keep just about anyone quite busy! biggrin.gif
Dr.Strangelove
The "supernatural" is the only thing religious people place their "faith" in.  ohmy.gif  Take away the supernatural, and there would be no God, Jesus, gods, deities, idols or talismans NOR religions, sects cults and the like!  Think about THAT!  ((laugh.gif))

If 'G-d' represents the 'beginning of the beginning' of what we can know, then you too are exercising a form of faith in the super-natural realm when you peer into a microscope whose resolution is 'X' to the 100th power beyond our Temporal perception of reality as is.
*The person who built the first microscope had 'faith'.

*You're really seeking the 'Source' of your 'Cognitive Genetic origin',, somewhat self-introspecting(even 'Reverse Engineering') into the D.N.A. of of the Micro-Cosmo world of which you and the rest of us are 'Endo-Symbiants.
Travel all the way back in time before any 'Emergence', and you will find that we are Manifested from 'Species of Hydrogen'.....'Species of Polarity',,,,,, 'Species of Thermo-Dynamic Law'........., and finally, 'Chocolate Custard Yo Yo's(yummy).

QUOTE (->
The "supernatural" is the only thing religious people place their "faith" in.  ohmy.gif  Take away the supernatural, and there would be no God, Jesus, gods, deities, idols or talismans NOR religions, sects cults and the like!  Think about THAT!  ((laugh.gif))

If 'G-d' represents the 'beginning of the beginning' of what we can know, then you too are exercising a form of faith in the super-natural realm when you peer into a microscope whose resolution is 'X' to the 100th power beyond our Temporal perception of reality as is.
*The person who built the first microscope had 'faith'.

*You're really seeking the 'Source' of your 'Cognitive Genetic origin',, somewhat self-introspecting(even 'Reverse Engineering') into the D.N.A. of of the Micro-Cosmo world of which you and the rest of us are 'Endo-Symbiants.
Travel all the way back in time before any 'Emergence', and you will find that we are Manifested from 'Species of Hydrogen'.....'Species of Polarity',,,,,, 'Species of Thermo-Dynamic Law'........., and finally, 'Chocolate Custard Yo Yo's(yummy).

And what do you perceive is wrong about the Battelle Memorial Institute?  Craig Venter may have left to pursue the Genome Project or the Mycoplasma laboratorium developments.  Those would keep just about anyone quite busy!  biggrin.gif

Ask Dr. Leonard Horowitz(I've written about this before).

I wonder if Dr. Venter even knows what he's enabling. Its like who I had worked for, and my recognition of a few things.
When something is so 'compartmentalized' in its structure and breadth(and the left hand can't possibly fathom what the right is up to),, I guess even Dr. Venter is probably pretty innocent to things I've read.

I do know one thing: That 'Great Mind' of his(and everything he discovers), will have its Research 'taken' into realms he possibly never thought about.

'B.M.I.' is who they are, so why am I explaining any of this in the first place.
Sure! Its a very dangerous world out there, so our 'M.I.C.' is inter-locked with these organizations for obvious reasons.

The problem is(and there are many), is that our Government has been 'Sold Out', and it portends a great crisis.

I'm off track(into one of my Political Conspiracy Theories as usual),, but people like Dr. Venter(and his work),, are being 'Used' for 'other agendas'(Military Type Agendas).

I imagine most people on this site know how 'Research' is orchestrated,, Data Collected',, fed up stream to the 'Sharks'( ph34r.gif ).

*Can anyone prove me wrong that 'thee biggest' Project upon the planet('Zero Gravity' research), hasn't 'created' many Guinea Pigs).

photojack
Oh! ohmy.gif That's why I saw those Guinea Pigs floating down Broadway! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
PhysOrg scientific forums are totally dedicated to science, physics, and technology. Besides topical forums such as nanotechnology, quantum physics, silicon and III-V technology, applied physics, materials, space and others, you can also join our news and publications discussions. We also provide an off-topic forum category. If you need specific help on a scientific problem or have a question related to physics or technology, visit the PhysOrg Forums. Here you’ll find experts from various fields online every day.
To quit out of "lo-fi" mode and return to the regular forums, please click here.